Thread: My baleen is only seen from one side !

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default My baleen is only seen from one side !

Hello everyone, I built a detail for the spears of my knights: baleen hung on the end of my spear in my sub-mod of SSHIP.

Problem: we only see them on one side of the game, as soon as we move to the other side of the character, the baleen disappears. I used Milkshape 3D and tools "plane", then I associated a texture and a "bone" for the animation.

How to make my baleen visible on each side ?

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: My baleen is only seen from one side !

Step 1: Select the baleen and hit Ctr+D to duplicate it.
    Step 2: After Step 1, you may notice that the original baleen is deselected and the new copy (named duplicate1 IIRC) will be the newly selected group. Hit Ctr+Shift+F to flip it's face.
    Step 3: While the new baleen is still selected, hold down Ctr and select the original baleen, so that both baleens are selected.
    Step 4: Select the Groups tab (usually upper right corner) and hit the "Regroup" button in order to merge the two baleens into one group. (It will probably be named group 1, or something like that.)
    Step 5: Optionally, you can rename the merged group. Make sure you delete the extra set of group comments that will result from the merging.
    Step 6: Save and exit.

That should work for you, post some screenshots if it does. If not, I'll still be here.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: My baleen is only seen from one side !

Thank you very much for your tutorial, Paleologos !
    In fact, I found the trick all alone yesterday afternoon looking in the menu "Face" and using the function "Reverse vertex order" ... which is the same as what you explain. Until now, I had never used double faces.
    Last edited by kostic; October 20, 2019 at 04:34 AM.