Thread: Imperator Augustus All Factions Mod

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Icon4 Imperator Augustus All Factions Mod

Wow! Really a dream came true!

I released my Hannibal at the Gates All Factions Mod in May 2019 and then just quit the for a while.

Hannibal at the Gates All Factions Mod Thread:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...l-Factions-Mod

Hannibal at the Gates All Factions Mod Download:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4427

My "test"games of the Libyans and the Gaetuli in October 2019 were just GREAT. Especially to play the Gaetuli was just awesome. The Desert Kingdoms units implemented, every faction complete and fully working. Then I released my Bribe Master Mod 11. of October 2019, perhaps just irritating the most guys. And then I just created the folder "AUG MOD" 12. of October 2019, I just thought to slightly begin to create that, step by step.

I took the iapf.pack by Ermanarich, where he already unlocked all factions for Imperator Augustus, cause why to just do the same work AGAIN, unlocking in startpos, creating factions and party tables, while it just exists already, sorry! Today, just one week later, I am done already, now to check all 75 factions and tweak slightly the rest of it, and thats it!

I already played with the Nasamones once, the Ermanarich iapf.pack, and it was great to beat Ptolemaic Egypt, Antony, Parthians, with Desert Chariots! But to implement the Desert Kingdoms units, to complete all factions, better armed citizenry, more General units, all of that stuff, to get a fully working Imperator Augustus All Factions Mod, my AUG MOD, was just a dream for me, now, existing.

~~~

I cannot understand really, when Creative Assembly makes Hannibal at the Gates, just an awesome DLC, and just unlocks 5 of 35 factions to play, or makes Imperator Augustus, and just unlocks 10 of 75 factions to play, while ALL THE WORK for completely functional 35 or 75 factions is DONE ALREADY by these dudes! That is INSANE, that ALL IS DONE, and then just to decide to lock them. And not just, that you think, for further money making, just, locked, END.

WHY?!?

Thats like, a dude donates you ten Ferraris, and says: ONE to actually ride, the others just to watch at, without the keys. - And when do I get the keys??? - Which keys???

Or, to release the Desert Kingdoms, and WOOOOW, four new playable factions!!!!!!! For the Grand Campaign, plus super new units, for the Grand Campaign. And are these factions now unlocked Hannibal, or Augustus? No. And are these super new units now too, for Hannibal, or Augustus? No. I really dont get these points. Is it just lazy, or completely insane?

~~~

I am just an amateur modder compared to these DEI dudes for example, but I needed ONE WEEK 12. to 18. of October, to unlock and complete and implement EVERYTHING for my AUG MOD. And yes, I had the iapf.pack and my own HATG MOD to just export and import much stuff, but to unlock a raw all factions is not really work at all. That all is a little tricky sometimes, but the mighty god of copy and paste and replace all, helps.

One problem occured. In Augustus DLC, just all African, Aethiopian, Arabian factions were "African", but I had to do the Desert Kingdoms dk_num for the African/Numidians, dk_kush for the Aethiopians, dk_saba for the Arabians, and dk_nab for the Nabateans, so I had to split these into four different Military Groups, and I encountered, that no one down there had the emblem above the banner appearing in game. I first thought, that would have been my fault of my Military Group split to implement different Desert Kingdoms units to these four different Military Groups, BUT: In Ermanarichs factions table, the Subculture and the Skin, not fitting to each other, caused the glitch of non appearance. Just as an information here.

I am currently tweaking, so that every faction is smooth and complete, has 8 til 12 General units, has implemented all Desert Kingdoms units, linked to buildings to build them, linked to different Military Groups, and all buildings better defense guys.

Even IF there would be a military building without unlocking further new troops, it should at least provide more defense guys while eating more food! I just like my armed citizenry! You always get some nice troopers for your money, nice, but not too nice!

Tweaking now!

EDIT 19.10.2019:

Wow, I am impressed. The armed citizenry stuff I export imported from HATG to AUG did the job quite lovely already. I really like that, when I check and check, and there is quite near nothing to squeeze out to perfection anymore. Basically, I did the job, and now I have my HATG Mod and my AUG Mod to play Hannibal and Augustus quite lovely! Nice!

I will upload the next few days my up to date versions of HATG and AUG. My three favorite Total War Rome 2 DLCs are Hannibal, Augustus, and Empire Divided. So perhaps I will do the EMP Mod too, perhaps. But for now, next few days > HATG and AUG!

EDIT 20.10.2019:

Wow, always funny. I first once found Ermanarichs iapf.pack an all factions playable for Augustus. Now that I improved HATG and AUG to really great - I found another all factions playable for Augustus by Nordo or Nor Dogroth, quite a lovely little shock! - But I already know that my own tweaks are groundbreaking. It is good to see great Modders and good to see that all of these guys out there will be able to play all factions, cause that is just major important to me. I remember myself just desperately searching for all factions playable mods!

Satisfying, sorry, that Nordos mod has the same emblems above banners missing like Ermanarichs mod! All Africans/Arabians! Nordo did unique tribe colours for his faction parties where I am just too lazy, I would screenshot every of the 75... no! I would extract all faction icons, pipette their main and second colors, and write their color specs into the tables, but I am just to ***** lazy for that.

ALL of my factions have as main color GOLD, and as opposition color RED, that works. It is never wrong to give a proud arrogant king GOLD as main color!

I thought while encountering Nordos mod, should I regret my work done? But no. It was huge fun, satisfying, plus, actually not really "work", plus, really groundbreaking tweaks!

But a nice little shocking encounter, that was fun!
    Last edited by Tehulotl; October 19, 2019 at 07:57 PM.