Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is the best Total War game?

Default Re: What is the best Total War game?

With all the mods available I'd have to say it's Medieval 2 and its large catalog. Perhaps Rome 2 or Attila will one day be able to receive the same love from the community and be as moddable, but until then there's no comparison.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    With all the mods available I'd have to say it's Medieval 2 and its large catalog. Perhaps Rome 2 or Attila will one day be able to receive the same love from the community and be as moddable, but until then there's no comparison.
    I've also had this hope but it has faded away. I think due to 1. lack of modability of the map, 2. player base dissipated across the other games, 3. publishers finding their way to monetize games more (DLCs), the moding around Rome2 and Attila is thriving as it was 10 years ago. So perhaps Med2 will remain the best TW game while Rome2 will trail behind.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I've also had this hope but it has faded away. I think due to 1. lack of modability of the map, 2. player base dissipated across the other games, 3. publishers finding their way to monetize games more (DLCs), the moding around Rome2 and Attila is thriving as it was 10 years ago. So perhaps Med2 will remain the best TW game while Rome2 will trail behind.
    I think Attila TW is the platform to go for right now, in terms of modding, the Medieval 1212 mod is absolutely fabulous.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123