Thread: Spain op?

Default Spain op?

So, I picked up Medieval 2 Total War like 2 weeks ago, and decided to play Spain, I attacked Portugal and crushed them harder then the Nazis when they invaded France. I then got excommunicated by the pope, which didn't do anything, anyway I decided to invade the Moors for some laughs, expecting me to get rekt instantly, but no, they got broken harder then the Berlin wall. Then Sicily came to me and they said "Yo give us 167 Florins or we will attack you" I am currently invading them and they are getting rekt.

​So this begs the question, are they truly op? Is it just beginners luck? Am I just a
    natural at the game (Doubt it lol)? Is the A.I just stupid? Please debate it in the comments below.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Spain op?

Which difficulty are you playing on?
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Blog Entries

And there's your answer. For a challenge of any sort, you should play on VH/VH. All the other difficulties are quite easy, and cause the AI to be very passive.
    and Peaman

Ah, alright.

Blog Entries

Please do let us know how you fare with it turned on, but remember that you have to start a new campaign for it to take effect
    and Peaman

This is a necro but I'm gonna try it out, now that my Total War isn't constantly crashing all the time I can finally do this after 2 years.

Blog Entries

2018 was two years ago

Good luck!
    and Peaman

Moors early on seem to be very weak, especially under, because they are poor and their early roster is not that good. Portugal is a bit tougher (unhistorical) but they are divided and this makes them vulnerable. Sicily has a very difficult financial start that again the AI can't handle. France is the toughest of all of these but they border Milan the Holy Roman Empire and England so they often can't focus on you. For these reason as long as you don't make rookie mistakes or lose all your armies attacking El Cid Spain should be pretty easy. Also Jinetes are excellent.
    Last edited by Steward Denethor II; March 15, 2020 at 03:09 PM.