Thread: cant retrain north dunedain units

Default cant retrain north dunedain units

guys i dont know if its by design or a bug...
    but i cant retrain the units in the campaign. i had the units to replace in the dunedain camp, but when i pass the turn the timer of retrain didnt advance, im waiting like 4 turns right now, and the dunedain spearmen didnt retrain.... i need some help.

Default Re: cant retrain north dunedain units

Do you have a Town Hall building? That is needed, else you don't have a recruitment (and retrainment) slot.

emmm i had the dunedain camp, and ranger hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango599 View Post
    emmm i had the dunedain camp, and ranger hall.
    You can't retrain always, i think there's a rating, in the same way that recruiting mercenaries. Also, sometimes, you have to choose between retraining or recruiting.

I can think of a few reasons why retraining doesn't work or acts a bit weird, two of which have already been mentioned:
    1. Unit training and retraining is done from the same pool of men, so if you train a new unit you may not be able to retrain another unit (because their are not enough men to retrain the unit to full). The unit card in the training queue should be green if there are enough men.
    2. You need to have at least one recruitment slot.
    3. I believe the Northern Dunedain in the latest version can retrain some of their units outside of the (former) Arnor region if the Dunedain culture is high enough and you have the appropriate building, maybe the game is being a bit wonky because your culture isn't high enough yet (I have somehow managed to forget the details around unit retraining availability with culture requirements, so I am not sure of this one).
    4. Retraining for experience (from guilds, or otherwise) is broken, always has been (vanilla game bug). Upgrading unit experience via retraining has to be done as the very last thing you do before pressing end turn.

If none of these points apply to you then I have no idea, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by greatyng View Post
    4. Retraining for experience (from guilds, or otherwise) is broken, always has been (vanilla game bug). Upgrading unit experience via retraining has to be done as the very last thing you do before pressing end turn.
    Hi greatyng! Could you point me to any threads that discuss this? I've noticed this broken retraining stuff but your comment is the first proof that it's not just me who noticed that. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by benczeb90 View Post
    Hi greatyng! Could you point me to any threads that discuss this? I've noticed this broken retraining stuff but your comment is the first proof that it's not just me who noticed that. Thank you.
    I was a bit confused the first time I noticed it in my game. I remember thinking 'I could have sworn I queued those units up for retraining'.
    I learned of the fix for this bug in a video I saw some years ago, but you could check out this old thread for further confirmation: www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?89995-Constant-retraining.