Thread: Assistance Requested Event

Default Assistance Requested Event

Does anyone know the internal name for this event? It's the (unfortunately rare) event that fires when your AI-ally attacks an enemy and you have an army nearby. You get a choice dialogue for whether or not to engage in the battle. The event uses the 'default' event image.

I found the text in strat.txt but I can't find the event in descr_event_images.txt. In fact I can't find anything else for this event anywhere.

Short of having the event internal name, if someone could tell me the name of the 'default' event image pictured above that would work as well although not an ideal solution.

Thanks.

Default Re: Assistance Requested Event

I don't know but the default image for events is the historic_event that you can find in the eventpics of each culture user interface.

historic_event is the monk writing in his book. If that is in fact the default, then the Assistance Requested event uses its own image and I will need to know the event name.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Seems to be this: data\ui\{culture}\eventpics\messenger.tga

Used by more than this 'event' from memory. And I don't think that there is an event, as such, for this thing.

Interesting, I can't find any text files that reference this image but I know you're correct that it's used for multiple things in vanilla. Thanks for finding it!