Thread: [Help] [Modding] Ask some advice please (S2TW and R2TW), bases of modding for Shogun 2...

Default [Help] [Modding] Ask some advice please (S2TW and R2TW), bases of modding for Shogun 2...

Ask some advice please (S2TW and R2TW), bases of the modding for Shogun 2...

Hello,

I try to get into the modding for Shogun 2 and Rome 2. As much on Medieval 2 it was super simple to modder, as much there on S2 and R2 (among others), it's much more complicated! (For me anyway).

I'll take an example, let's say that I would like to change the start of the main campaign, the type and number of units of one or more factions, or even change the buildings built in a city or fort ...
    How should I proceed ?

Which tools to use, in what order? And what are the files that I should modify? Should we repack the modified files, and how? Some tips would be welcome, thanks in advance.

For now I have downloaded only the PFM version 5.2.4 which should be compatible with TWS2 a priori. But there are so many files in "data.pack" that I'm really lost!

I saw that there are tutorials but most are in English, and me and English are two..., I'm not good in English, but the french sites for Total War games are empty... Then, I'm here !

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: [Help] [Modding] Ask some advice please (S2TW and R2TW), bases of modding for Shogun 2...

The best tool to use for campaign modding is the Assembly Kit. To download this go to Steam - Tools - Total War Shogun 2: Assembly Kit.
    I don't know much else about campaign modding, so I can't help you.
    Good luck though.

Default Re: [Help] [Modding] Ask some advice please (S2TW and R2TW), bases of modding for Shogun 2...

OK thanks.

Pack File Manager and BOB is what you need. Most of the data you are looking for is in the data.pack file. You can make a new pack file and then add the tables you need from data.pack. But be careful not to edit the original data.pack file, cuz that can mess up your game!! If that does happen, you can delete the file and go to steam and validate game cache. That will download the file again for you.

For anything else, you have plenty of tutorials here that should help you. If you have problem with english, I don't know how you will be able to handle all the tables and data in the pack files :/

Good luck and have fun
    Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Shogun 2 Mod