Thread: Perfect example how utterly brain dead the Campaign AI is.

Default Perfect example how utterly brain dead the Campaign AI is.

I am playing Rome, at one point during my war with the Boi, I liberate a small settlement(Stoboi) that was isolated from their empire, so what does this small settlement faction(Tribialli Federation) do, the very first ing turn?

It attacks my Ally ofc, not only that, but that Ally is clearly bigger and more powerful. So ofc I join my old ally, and then the clearly inferior Triballi army attacks my army, and I just autoresolve it.

I would understand the Triballi being a small faction jumping on the Ardiaei when they seem weak, but to do that the very first turn, and despite Ardiaei being ally to Rome who is a neighbor Triballi, its just... I mean, this drives me nuts, cause the CAI acts like a teenage kid full of hormones, like can it be still for once and consolidate its resources?

Default Re: Perfect example how utterly brain dead the Campaign AI is.

Have you read history? People were crazy back then - lots of people started fights they couldn't hope to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbad View Post
    Have you read history? People were crazy back then - lots of people started fights they couldn't hope to win.
    Oh for god's sake, you can't be serious.

rule 1 of the page 1 of the book of how to deal with the TW community:

always ignore the AI's apologist, never take him seriously, never feed him, he is the equivalent of a malformed warp entity of CA's marketing schemes.

and unfortunately, i think theres little the mod makers can do about ai

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

Maybe they'll release some new faction DLC to fix the AI!
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

I think that there's something messed up with the decision making. It doesn't look like the AI takes ally strength into consideration when declaring war (perhaps not vassals either). That's why you sometimes get instant peace offer the next turn, when they make a second calculation and notice that you are too much for them. #BlameCA
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)