Thread: Rome and peace

Default Rome and peace

In my current game Im playing odrysia and in some point rome declare war on me.
    The problem is that rome is not accepting any peace offers and it like there is only total war to the end with them.
    I've burned the city of rome to the ground, burned/libertad all of the italian peninsula AND still rome does not want peace.
    The thing is rome is the only fashion that act this unreasonable.
    Are there any values I can tweek by using PackFileManager to make them more accepting of peace and less of self destructing warmongers?
    I'm playing on Hard difficulty.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Rome and peace

mmhh, don't think it would be easy to do that via db, but I'm not an expert about the diplomacy part of the game.

2 ways I know are:
    1) via script cheat
    2) saveparser should have this option, check it
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ames-v1-40-0-0

In cai_personalities find playable_roman. You can change some of those to match other factions entries. For example, deal generation/evaluation components, military aggression, etc

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Is your faction yet a desert? No? Then there shall be no peace with Rome.

They *weren’t* rational, and they were pretty much the only people who acted that way. Carthage and Pyrrhus both won victories against Rome that would have brought any other nation to accept peace at any cost. Rome declines peace no matter the cost. It was infuriating to these civilized peoples to fight against insane Italian barbarians that would sacrifice their entire population just to avoid the dishonor of a mutually beneficial surrender.

You can use Cyanide's Easy Diplomacy and force a peace treaty after a major victory for 500 gold minimum, you can also use it to turn them into a client state. You can use save parser to force peace between your allies and your new client states. Of course use House Rules depending of the faction. Deactivate the mod when you are done, sometimes these new client states will declare war on you again, so its more like fighting rebellions and independence wars all the time.