Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this mod dead?

Default Is this mod dead?

I haven't heard anything from you guys in almost two months?
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Default Re: Is this mod dead?

maybe they are working to improve the new production system...i hope

I don't think it's dead, but there are only three devs and I believe they are all in school at the moment. So I wouldn't expect more updates until around the Xmas holidays.

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

oops, sorry, couldnīt help it

they are still working on it but its a lot of work

CA just announced they are ending support for custom start pos creation and compilation, hopefully they are almost done!

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    CA just announced they are ending support for custom start pos creation and compilation, hopefully they are almost done!
    wtf. What does that mean specifically? Where did they announce this?

It was on the old launcher, we made a big reddit post about it got 2 thousand upvotes and CA said they arent going to get rid of the old launcher until they update the new one to allow custom startpos compiling ... so disaster averted

So, I'm not sure of the status of the mod. I can only say that UMC, the current head of the team, hasn't been active in some time. I've been thinking about modding some things and releasing my own kind of version of the mod based on some of my original plans. I'd also continue to try and improve stability and weed out bugs.

Start pos editing would an issue as I don't have the AK files. I'd need whoever has them on the mod team to send them to me. I don't know how much interest people would have in my changes. I'd revert back to some of the old way of recruitment, put back in the colony building lines instead of the generic military recruitment buildings being used in the latest version.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    So, I'm not sure of the status of the mod. I can only say that UMC, the current head of the team, hasn't been active in some time. I've been thinking about modding some things and releasing my own kind of version of the mod based on some of my original plans. I'd also continue to try and improve stability and weed out bugs.

Start pos editing would an issue as I don't have the AK files. I'd need whoever has them on the mod team to send them to me. I don't know how much interest people would have in my changes. I'd revert back to some of the old way of recruitment, put back in the colony building lines instead of the generic military recruitment buildings being used in the latest version.
    I've been wanting to try and do this, that would be great

it would be cool if you did!

Civis
    Malang city, East Java province, Indonesia

thanks guys, i hope a new, maybe on January 2020

hey, some update?

It would be great to see someone pick up the mod, although I think that if all kinds of new changes were made it would never get done. This just needs to be stable and working. Such a shame to see work like this go by the wayside. Really surprised to see no communication given the quality and time spent on this project. It's disheartening.
    Last edited by stevehoos; January 16, 2020 at 07:19 PM.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

It is a bit odd to see this mod go quiet, they were one of the big one's for so long

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    It is a bit odd to see this mod go quiet, they were one of the big one's for so long
    Tis very sad

I think there were only two people left on the team last I heard. No script writers etc.

With such a small team maintaining and advancing this massive mod probably stops being an enjoyable or rewarding way to spend free time and becomes quite soul destroying after a while.

Sad though.

i think the developer should make an announcements, even if they leaved the mod

yeah it's dead.. but hey.. guess what? Troy total war is coming out soon...

anyone excited to start modding this?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast