Thread: [Submod Proposal] Expanded map

Default [Submod Proposal] Expanded map

Hi everyone. Well I am new playing this mod and I am loving it, but I was kinda dissapointed when Scandinavia only had southern Sweden, Norway and Finland. I was wondering if it is possible to expand the map into something like this:

I can make this since I know how to mod maps, but my question if it is possible because of the map pictures dimensions restrictions. About the factions, EBll has 28, there's space for 2 more. Probably adding Norway and Sweden would be fine, or maybe just making a "viking" faction where Norwegians, Danes and Swedes are togheter (I know it's not very historical). If we do this we have room for one last faction, probably the Finns.

About the unit models these factions would have, we could ask for permission to the Wrath of the Norsemen team.

Let me know what you think about this.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [Submod Proposal] Expanded map

Personally, if I had skills involved, I would expand a little east touch more India. But that is my opinion

I think a notable problem with "expanding" the map is the region limit. Covering a larger area would require merging provinces that before were separate, and to be honest the area already covered could use some more provinces already. So extending it furher would only aggraviate the problem.

We will either find a way, or make one.

I don't see any point in expanding the map into places like northern Scandinavia or northern Russia that are sparsely populated even today.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

It would be a good submod for the players who like that region

To give you less trouble, you could put there Permanent Forts instead of Settlements and there is also a tutorial by Gigantus that shows how you can have them named.

Seems like a nice idea! I'll be working on it these days!

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    It would be a good submod for the players who like that region

To give you less trouble, you could put there Permanent Forts instead of Settlements and there is also a tutorial by Gigantus that shows how you can have them named.