Thread: Couple questions

Default Couple questions

JMJ -

I know I'm super late to the party here, and I apologize if these questions have already been answered.

Can someone give a quick rundown to the civil buildings for the Romani? Also, do the Marian reforms trigger the year they are historically supposed to or does the player trigger it? If someone can answer or link me to the thread I would appreciate it.

Other than that, this mod looks awesome and I look forward to playing it.

YBIC
    -Mike

Default Re: Couple questions

The government buildings?

You build them depending on your need. I build lightly romanized at first to get higher populations and transition to the latter ones depending on the availability. You want high populations to fill your ranks and get tax but also want stability so you should spend the rapid population growth phase building stability-buildings. As the Romans I recommend temples to Jupiter for the law bonus.

I save the cheapest option for the fringes. You can recruit vassal kings and create armies of auxiliaries supported by small corps of Romans. Having governors in these provinces actually causes unrest so be careful.

Or are you referring to something else?

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, that is what I was referring to. Interesting take. So I can change the government building to more Romanized later?

Quote Originally Posted by mjsanta83 View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

Yes, that is what I was referring to. Interesting take. So I can change the government building to more Romanized later?
    You can always change it - just destroy and rebuild the government type as you want

Quote Originally Posted by mjsanta83 View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

You simply delete the building. You have to also rebuild the provincial order building (1 turn, 300 dinari) but that should not an issue.

The lightly romancized building should stick around for a long time. You get a good trade and population bonus which is helpful when a city is growing. You should transition to something else when public order and population become an issue or if you need that area to be producing Roman soldiers.