Thread: something wrong with rome's politics?

Default something wrong with rome's politics?

just had a game where civil war erupts as rome and EVERY SINGLE party goes to war with me.

at the time the loyalties of the parties were -31, -4 and -6. AFAIK parties that are above -10 does not have any chance of defection?

the game was like literally unplayable because i was at 99% influence and suffering huge penalties, -20% morale, -10 public order or w/e.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: something wrong with rome's politics?

as soon as at least one party is under -10 you'll begin to get x% of civil war every turn

all 3 parties did a civil war in the same moment?
    didn't know about this possibility (maybe there is an hardcoded dice roll for it too, dunno) but it seems pretty realistic, I don't see anything wrong, it seems they were all tired of you and planned things together.
    pay more attention to loyalty.

Most people have complained that its too hard to get a civil war and politics don't mean anything, so this is a surprising event.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

How does every party go to war with you? I thought only one party could secede at a time.

from previous play, when loyalty is better than -10 the % of secession is shown as 0
    nor have i ever had a party above -10 defect. but maybe something changed? or if one party defects then chance for every neg loyalty party to go?

but in anycase while this isnt unrealistic, the problem is rome's senate system gives u humongous debuffs when u are at 99% influence and it wont come down for a while due to not having any other parties.
    it makes the game really not playable with -20 po and -20 morale etc while trying to take back ur stuff and fight other enemies at the sametime.

other factions do not have debuffs nearly as bad as this for high influence.

and of course i pay attention to loyalty, i play on vh, and get a huge starting debuff to them, generally not possible to keep everyone high at all times.

the people who are complaining about lack of civil wars probably isn't playing on vh. or isn't playing rome ;o