Thread: Eupatridoi Tes Kolchideos faction responsible for end turn CTD's when playing as Rome

Default Eupatridoi Tes Kolchideos faction responsible for end turn CTD's when playing as Rome

I have played three campaigns as Rome and had to stop playing because one faction is causing CTDS. I'm finding after a few hundred turns the faction Eupatridoi Tes Kolchideos causes an end turn CTD. The crash always happens when its this factions turn, no other faction causes an issue. I just wonder if this is causing a lot of the end turn CTD's that other people are experiencing? I'll add to the bugs thread but I thought it merited a thread of its own to highlight what could be a vital issue affecting many people. Is anything else having problems with this faction causing CTDs? Take a close look a which faction the CTD happens for. For me, when it gets to this faction there is a short pause, the screen goes white followed by a CTD. My game is broken now having spend many hours on it.

Save game file:

https://gofile.io/?c=PmFC0c

Thank you!
    Last edited by CandidMedia; October 10, 2019 at 07:24 AM.

Default Re: Eupatridoi Tes Kolchideos faction responsible for end turn CTD's when playing as Rome

I created an account to say, I'm having the exact same issue, with the exact same faction. I'm on turn 104 and my game crashes when I end my turn, and during this factions turn. I have 3 save files, and they all crash on Eupatridoi Tes Kolchideos turn.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Eupatridoi Tes Kolchideos faction responsible for end turn CTD's when playing as Rome

Sounds like one of those rebel faction glitches that caused them to remove all rebels before. I've found in the past that when this happens the saveparser can be used to fix it, or at least stop the crash. If you open the save game and find that faction in the 'edit' tab under 'parameters' (i think it'd be called colchis_civil_war) and click 'reduce' it will reduce all their units to one man and might stop the ai from doing whatever it was doing to cause a crash. Might not work at all but worth a try. You could also try moving their army somewhere else on the map in the same tab.

Thanks Julio - I tried this but still getting crashes. Do you type the faction number in the faction box to select it? 173 I think for colchis civil war?
    Then I pressed reduce and saved the save game file
    also is Colchis civil war definitely eupatridoi tes kolchidios faction?

Not sure if I’m doing it right!

also can you explain how you find and move their army on the map? Thanks!
    Last edited by CandidMedia; October 16, 2019 at 04:53 PM.

Yeah colchis_civil_war is the correct faction. Under Parameter you click "Faction(s)" to find the correct number then type that number into the box to the right of "Faction(s)".

Right underneath where that "Faction(s)" button is should be a square button that says "Map", if you click on that it'll open up a map and you can move armies to different coordinates, from land to sea and vice versa. The map is slightly out of sync with AE though but you can figure it out. You may need to update Saveparser if you don't have the map button.

Another thing you could try is going back to a save where the Colchis civil war faction hasn't appeared yet and give Colchis 100 integrity in their armies and 100 happiness in their provinces.

Great stuff managed to fix it by moving the army into my territory in the map editor then destroying it with one of my armies once back in the game.I had to do it a couple of times because the rebel army kept respawing and every time it did there was a crash. Luckily the faction got destroyed so didn’t need to keep repeating these steps. I’ve had 30 turns with no crash! Thanks a million for helping me out.

Another thing you could try is going back to a save where the Colchis civil war faction hasn't appeared yet and give Colchis 100 integrity in their armies and 100 happiness in their provinces.
    great idea and a lot more efficient than my method! Hope others having issues with rebel armies see this fix

Brilliant, glad I could help

The saveparser is an extremely useful tool.

28.2.2020, Having this same issue. Will try out the saveparser, but would like to see an update to fix this as well

As the Eupatridoi Tes Kolchideos issue now also killed my macedon campaign for good exactly at turn 150 and i will have to start a new one....I was wondering if there is a way to avoid that Eupatridoi Tes Kolchideos appear in the first place? Thanks for input...

Thanks for the info guys, I'll pass this on to the rest of the team
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.