Thread: No Farms and Crops in Augustus campaign map. Somebody noticed it. Can it be modded ?

MarkusAntonius's Avatar Tiro

Icon5 No Farms and Crops in Augustus campaign map. Somebody noticed it. Can it be modded ?

Yep is me again, now with another doubt about something i've noticed recently, There are actually no Farms in the fields in Emperor Augustus campaign map. There is some way to change or mod it, some file, some ESF ? This Campaign is better than the Main Campaign. but i'm having some bad surprises with it. no Aqueducts, some problem with unit rosters ( That i managed to fix for myself ) and now this. any kind of help is welcomed.
    Last edited by MarkusAntonius; October 09, 2019 at 11:26 PM.

Default Re: No Farms and Crops in Augustus campaign map. Somebody noticed it. Can it be modded ?

Come on people. They fixed it in DEI. I've seen it. I just need to know how ( Where and which files ). Then i will fix it, and i promisse to Release it ( If possible ) to Vanilla players like me. Who prefer small or his own Mods.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: No Farms and Crops in Augustus campaign map. Somebody noticed it. Can it be modded ?

You should look, how this modder added aequaducts from GC to Eimperor Augustus and Empire Divided campaign:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1530039267

Perhaps you can learn how to add farms.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

What about asking DEI team?
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

I've already seen this Aqueducts mod, but the file has nothing to do with the Farms. I've searched it and didn't found in DBs. I would try to ask them, but i don't know how or who to ask.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

not sure this is handled via DB....my bet is on map_data.esf file
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

I've been in map_data.esf and found only numbers there. But i will keep trying. And about the DEI team. Any idea or name of who i can ask ?

Good news people. I found the file. It's the Dynamic_Resources.esf. I've tested the main campaign one in emperor campaign and saw some small farms in the map. But is not enough. Needs some change because there are less tables in main campaign than in emperor one. Which means some provinces can be without farms. and off course because some farms didn't appeared where they should appear. I mean there are differences that need to be changed. I didn't understood yet how it works. but i will keep trying until i finally manage to mod and add it. And i'm close. I'm very close.
    Last edited by MarkusAntonius; November 22, 2019 at 05:57 PM.

Hello! Have you made any progress with the farms? I can help with testing if it is needed! It would be nice to find the fix for this issue.

Yes i think i did it. I've tested as Augustus and Cleopatra and saw the evolution of some farmsteads in Italy and across the Nile. They started small in few green parts of the Regions were i had Farms built or already had them. But as the Seasons passed ( Especially after Winters ) They started to appear and spread more over the surroundings. They didn't appeared around walled Capitals. But as Capitals don't build farms it is understandable. Something that happen even in the main campaign itself and i think should be fixed later. ( I missed farms around Rome and in the Nile delta, But i'll think about it later ). For now it's still in Testing fase. But i will release a link as soon as possible. for more people be able to test it too.