Thread: Beautiful mod, yet dies prematurely in crash: A digital tragedy

Default Beautiful mod, yet dies prematurely in crash: A digital tragedy

Catching a sickness a few days ago, I installed Rome I and Europa Barbarorum again after a long time. And it is beautiful in every way! Such an experience.

Yet, why, oh why, must the campaign always reach a point where it crash upon clicking Next Turn? Why must every campaign I've ever played in EB, meet a premature end like this? This is probably true for all other total conversion mods I've ever tried out and played for a longer while, now that I think back on it. On various machines, with all manner of reinstallation hassle chewed through, again and again.

I wish there was some failsafe guarantee that made it possible for you to play out your long campaign without it dying in an eternal crash loop at Next Turn (around year 196 BC in this particular playthrough).

This particular EB campaign developed in a fantastic way. The faction setup made for a multi-front war when expanding north (and down the Adriatic) as Romans. An exciting nailbiter, rushing to and fro as new enemies threw themselves into the ring one after another. Generalship, solid economic investments, Roman arms and logistic carried the day, yet the enemies only grew more numerous. Such a thrill! Such fun and such good atmosphere with historical visuals and music.

And then it died. This savegame cannot be... saved.

I want to thank the creators of this beautiful mod for their sterling work. This is very good game design as such, and a multimedia treasure trove of history. A pity the inevitable crash catches up with you when the game seem to be peaking as an experience...

Default Re: Beautiful mod, yet dies prematurely in crash: A digital tragedy

You have to use the 1.21 alexander version, that is the masterpiece, some body decided to pick the mod up to "finish" it, now it's plagued with crashes and no one has answered the messages is the bug forum for at least 6 months.

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Biarchus

My mod crashes at startup. Something about "cannot read censored something".

Be careful about switching between saves and overwriting saves. Saves corrupt alot if you do that.

Also be careful about letting cities rebel. Rebellions cause CTD alot.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Quote Originally Posted by phylosopher stoned View Post
    You have to use the 1.21 alexander version, that is the masterpiece, some body decided to pick the mod up to "finish" it, now it's plagued with crashes and no one has answered the messages is the bug forum for at least 6 months.
    This "somebody" is the same guy that released 1.21...
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.