Thread: Steam running problem HELP!

Default Steam running problem HELP!

Hey guys

Great mod first of all

I have this problem.I am using Windows 10 and I have Rome total war Gold edition on steam.
    I downloaded the mod, followed all the instructions and have created the proper shortcut for the game.
    However whenever i press start instead of launching through the BI.exe I get the VANILLA version of the game running through the BI SHORTCUT i created for no reason! Any help?I have been testing for 2 days

The hcs is in the bi file,the same thing happens through steam launch options.The target line is this one :"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Gold\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:bi/hcs -show_err -nm

Default Re: Steam running problem HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Westraish View Post
    Hey guys

Great mod first of all

I have this problem.I am using Windows 10 and I have Rome total war Gold edition on steam.
    I downloaded the mod, followed all the instructions and have created the proper shortcut for the game.
    However whenever i press start instead of launching through the BI.exe I get the VANILLA version of the game running through the BI SHORTCUT i created for no reason! Any help?I have been testing for 2 days

The hcs is in the bi file,the same thing happens through steam launch options.The target line is this one :"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Gold\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:bi/hcs -show_err -nm
    Edit:When i use the customed BI shortcut, I get the vanilla ROME instead of the mod.For no reason

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Steam running problem HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Westraish View Post
    Edit:When i use the customed BI shortcut, I get the vanilla ROME instead of the mod.For no reason
    Here is a solution for your issue and blame CA/Steam for causing that kind of issues.

It is higly recommended not to install any game in the UAC-protected C:\Program Files(x86) folder, instead install or move existing Steam installation outside of UAC and here are instructions of how to do that.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.