Thread: Winter music doesn't plays on the stratmap

Icon5 Winter music doesn't plays on the stratmap

I have been changing the soundtrack, trying to make a custom one from various artists, for personal use, etc. Had already edited descr_sounds_music_types, descr_sounds and descr_sounds_music, as well as the 'music' folder in data/sounds. Everything worked fine, except for the music for the winter season on the stratmap; it just plays the summer music instead...

Anybody knows what could be causing the issue? I already checked the files already mentioned multiple times.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Winter music doesn't plays on the stratmap

Have you deleted (make a back-up!) the Music.dat and Music.idx files in data/sounds? The game will regenerate these files based on the changes in your various files.

Just in case someone is wondering about this, the winter music is bugged and will never play, or better the game just reads the summer music doesn't matter if is summer or winter I think.

Thanks for the info! Only silly thought is does it work if you give every climate the 'winter' attribute? (because in most mods/vanilla only some of the climates have that, so presumeably in strat mode you end up viewing some climates with and without)

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Thanks for the info! Only silly thought is does it work if you give every climate the 'winter' attribute? (because in most mods/vanilla only some of the climates have that, so presumeably in strat mode you end up viewing some climates with and without)
    No idea, I don't know much about climates, it's just I remember someone from EBII (I think) saying something about that (QuintusSertorius maybe), I just add the same music for summer and winter in my mods, so maybe I'm wrong but I believe that's how it works.

I forgot to update this. Just wanted to mention that it actually worked when I reinstalled, sometime after i posted, I had lost backup files, I'm sure it was some other change causing the issue, be it climates or other, but by my experience it's possible. (I had edited turns per year, but couldn't find how that would had been related). I'd definitely take a look on climates if I were to attempt modding that again though. Thanks for your responses back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindathar View Post
    I forgot to update this. Just wanted to mention that it actually worked when I reinstalled, sometime after i posted, I had lost backup files, I'm sure it was some other change causing the issue, be it climates or other, but by my experience it's possible. (I had edited turns per year, but couldn't find how that would had been related). I'd definitely take a look on climates if I were to attempt modding that again though. Thanks for your responses back then.

Hello Sindathar, we have the same issue in SSHIP: the winter music is never playing. Did you find a way to fix this, and if yes could you post it please?
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15223530 here is the case of winter grass problem solved. Maybe something similar needed?

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Thanks for the link, I'll have a deep look at it, fir now I have no idea if we can find something similar! But it's worth taking some time to have a nice winter musical ambiance.
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats