Thread: Austria in Grand Campaign??

Malagant's Avatar Libertus

Default Austria in Grand Campaign??

HI guys, i play Rise of the Republic the first time... i searched for Austria in the Faction Screen, without success... NO Austria in Grand Campaign to play??
    Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes
    Fortis cadere, cedere non potest

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Default Re: Austria in Grand Campaign??

Quote Originally Posted by Malagant View Post
    HI guys, i play Rise of the Republic the first time... i searched for Austria in the Faction Screen, without success... NO Austria in Grand Campaign to play??
    No currently not as Austria isn't reworked yet.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

I hope we will see some Austrian updates soon I have some more books about Austria and Kingdom of Naples-Sicily (mainly armies). If you need some help, just let me now.

Also I have a small suggestion for the title of Joseph II:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I would use Kaiser-König as his title. Joseph II was the Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire (under which Bohemian crown and Archduchy of Austria belonged), but the Lands of the Crown of St. Stephen (Kingdom of Hungary) were not part of the Holy Roman Empire. Legally in the Hungarian kingdom he was the King, also for example in the Kingdom of Croatia and Kingdom of Slavonia (another kingdoms of Lands of the Crown of St. Stephen) he was also the King.

Anyway congrats on the Modding Awards win, I voted for you guys. Also big thank you on the splendid work on the Northern Nations. Thanks

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by tomySVK View Post
    I hope we will see some Austrian updates soon I have some more books about Austria and Kingdom of Naples-Sicily (mainly armies). If you need some help, just let me now.

Also I have a small suggestion for the title of Joseph II:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I would use Kaiser-König as his title. Joseph II was the Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire (under which Bohemian crown and Archduchy of Austria belonged), but the Lands of the Crown of St. Stephen (Kingdom of Hungary) were not part of the Holy Roman Empire. Legally in the Hungarian kingdom he was the King, also for example in the Kingdom of Croatia and Kingdom of Slavonia (another kingdoms of Lands of the Crown of St. Stephen) he was also the King.

Anyway congrats on the Modding Awards win, I voted for you guys. Also big thank you on the splendid work on the Northern Nations. Thanks
    Thank you very much

And for Austria the plan is to use the uniform series: http://uniformenportal.de/index.php?/category/60 to create the units. But we are lacking on information for Naples-Sicily, so we would be grateful for any information (on the Austrians as well if you have better / other sources).
    For the title of Joseph, I'll check official documents (scanned at some library, have to research it) to check how he styled himself, I think this is the best solution (as example, George III was always referred to as "king" in Hanoverian documents as this was his highest title, even when he was the only elector in Hannover.
    What do you say?

I´m sorry for the later reply - I was very busy with my RL (new job since the last months of the 2019 and this coronavirus).

This is good source for Austrian army, which I also use. I have several new books that can be helpful (Hungarian troops from 18th century by ... , book about War of Bavarian succession, about Habsburgs and Hungary in 1765-1800, Pressburg during the 18th century).

For the Neapolitan army I would be very glad to help - my older PC returned from repairs so I have back the pictures from French magazine with amazing artwork of uniforms including marines. But mainly I bought L'ESERCITO BORBONICO DAL 1789 AL 1815. It´s amazing source for the Neapolitan army. My Italian was very basic, so it will be little slow to get all the required information (I´m still looking for pictures of several guard units, as plate section in this book doesn´t have them). Also I´m trying to get more information about the Navy.

Citizen

No problem And you're books sound interesting so if there is a possibility to share we (I) are interested

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    No problem And you're books sound interesting so if there is a possibility to share we (I) are interested
    I will be glad to contribute again - also I´m sorry for the late reply. It´s been a crazy time during the last months. But I will have free time from the middle of november until january 2021 - I need to finish promised researched for Tsardoms Total War first (Neapolitan civil war in 14th century, Hungarian medieval armies).

Citizen

I will be glad to contribute again - also I´m sorry for the late reply. It´s been a crazy time during the last months. But I will have free time from the middle of november until january 2021 - I need to finish promised researched for Tsardoms Total War first (Neapolitan civil war in 14th century, Hungarian medieval armies).
    That would be great And yes it's crazy times we live in...

Is there a time frame for making Austria playable? can't wait guys! Great mod!

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Empireprolett View Post
    Is there a time frame for making Austria playable? can't wait guys! Great mod!
    Austria won't be fully playable in the upcoming version but is next on the list (as you can see in our newest blog)

A slightly small change of my plans - I was asked to start in a new job in mid-November, so I had already started. But I would definitely like to help with the research. Should I focus mainly on Austria and then on Naples-Sicily? Also I have a few ideas about French roster. Maybe when Bourbon update will be planned by the team.

Also a was going through latest previews and I have one quick question:

• The last British and generic units for the West Indies are done!

Did you also change the uniform for British artillery? I played anniversary beta and if I remember correctly in the mod the British artillery use uniforms of the Artificer Company/Royal Artificer Corps which was established in 1787.

Citizen

A slightly small change of my plans - I was asked to start in a new job in mid-November, so I had already started. But I would definitely like to help with the research. Should I focus mainly on Austria and then on Naples-Sicily? Also I have a few ideas about French roster. Maybe when Bourbon update will be planned by the team.

Also a was going through latest previews and I have one quick question:

Did you also change the uniform for British artillery? I played anniversary beta and if I remember correctly in the mod the British artillery use uniforms of the Artificer Company/Royal Artificer Corps which was established in 1787.
    First Austria and then Naples sounds good! Btw. do you want to join the team officially (with access to our internal forums and research)? And I just added a new uniform for the Militia Artillery units for the West Indies. So no change of the uniform for the regular artillery.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    First Austria and then Naples sounds good! Btw. do you want to join the team officially (with access to our internal forums and research)? And I just added a new uniform for the Militia Artillery units for the West Indies. So no change of the uniform for the regular artillery.
    I would like that. Also as I said I will also need to complete research for Tsardoms mod, I started in new work a little bit earlier as I was originally notified