Thread: Is anyone at home?

Default Is anyone at home?

Hello and if you are reading this, Hello.
    Is there anybody, actually reading posts on this forum?
    I ask, because, I posed a couple of questions regarding
    certain mods, and yet, no response.

When I look at some of the posts, they are either years old
    or months old. Are the support threads now defunked?

In anticipation

Gaztop

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Is anyone at home?

And what do you expect when you are posting on Med2 mods that are fairly old with fairly old posts around? There is plenty of activity in other areas of forum. R2 like DEI, Warhammer 2, 3K, ...
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by gaztop View Post
    Hello and if you are reading this, Hello.
    Is there anybody, actually reading posts on this forum?
    I ask, because, I posed a couple of questions regarding
    certain mods, and yet, no response.

When I look at some of the posts, they are either years old
    or months old. Are the support threads now defunked?

In anticipation

Gaztop
    If a thread is more than one year old then your best bet is to post a new thread (have a link to the old thread/post in your question).

The support threads are not defuncted, it is just that the modder or the mod team hasn't been active for a long time and sometimes a mod is abandoned due for too long period of inactivity.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    And what do you expect when you are posting on Med2 mods that are fairly old with fairly old posts around? There is plenty of activity in other areas of forum. R2 like DEI, Warhammer 2, 3K, ...
    First of all, I don't play Warhammer. Second, if a mod thread is so old, and no one uses it, why not delete it?

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    If a thread is more than one year old then your best bet is to post a new thread (have a link to the old thread/post in your question).

The support threads are not defuncted, it is just that the modder or the mod team hasn't been active for a long time and sometimes a mod is abandoned due for too long period of inactivity.
    Cheers Leonardo, A sound bit of advice. I'm new here, so don't know the rap.
    Will soldier on.

Gaztop
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; October 04, 2019 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Posts merged for clarity and personal reference part deleted

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Firstly even if you are fairly new here, but from your posting history i saw clear Med2 but that doesnīt say anything about other games in general. And I was talking in general about R2, 3K not just Wh...so not sure why so aggressive tune.

Secondly, why delete old stuff? You never know when somebody will use it. Just donīt expect activity everywhere

Cheers and welcome!
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; October 04, 2019 at 07:25 AM. Reason: For continuity
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

First of all, I don't play Warhammer. Second, if a mod thread is so old, and no one uses it, why not delete it?
    That's pretty rude. I was numerous times saved with the old posts, sometimes more than 10 years old, when dealing with problems with Medieval 1, Rome 1 or old mods for Medieval 2, not to mention Empire, Napoleon... etc.

Behave.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; October 04, 2019 at 07:25 AM. Reason: For continuity

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Because then not just many people, but literally everyone is going to be asking redundant questions as a result of not having old information to draw from. You might not read through old threads for insight into old issues, but a good number of people do, and they will not stop being catered to in this regard any time soon.

I'd say his contributions are greater than the individual who fails to understand old unsupported mods are pretty much cases where you're on your own without patience and luck. Or maybe searching through those old, moldy, icky threads for insight a little...
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; October 04, 2019 at 07:26 AM. Reason: For continuity

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Alright Gents, just a quick reminder for you to stay on topic and civil.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Secondly, why delete old stuff? You never know when somebody will use it. Just donīt expect activity everywhere

Cheers and welcome!
    Hopefully not, I still use old mods and units of Medieval 2 and Empire that are not available on other sites. I really appreciate you still keep them, although some links are dead because of being too old, but I sometimes find amazing old stuff in this forum.

And to our new member gaztop, Total War center probably lack of the same participation that had in previous years, but still you can find nice and supportive people here so don't give up. Total War Center has so incredible stuff and mods that I don't know how to express how I like this forum. And has been, is and will be my favourite Total War forum, not only because of the mods, but for the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Incendio View Post
    Hopefully not, I still use old mods and units of Medieval 2 and Empire that are not available on other sites. I really appreciate you still keep them, although some links are dead because of being too old, but I sometimes find amazing old stuff in this forum.

And to our new member gaztop, Total War center probably lack of the same participation that had in previous years, but still you can find nice and supportive people here so don't give up. Total War Center has so incredible stuff and mods that I don't know how to express how I like this forum. And has been, is and will be my favourite Total War forum, not only because of the mods, but for the people.
    Hello mate, Thank you, for taking the time to post a positive answer to my query.
    That, in essence, was what I was after. I still want my account deleted.