Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Barcid Revenge Submod - Updates for the next patch

Default Re: Barcid Revenge Submod - Updates for the next patch

Well, some stuff may be included, it will depend on the team but others won't because they are just too different.

For example, my Punic War scripts spawns 2 full Roman armies near Messana and one of the spawns assaults the city right away.
    On the next turn, another Roman army appears in Sicily as well as a weaker rebel army composed of regional greek units and mercenaries (allies of Rome in Sicily).
    Next turn, another strong Roman army spawns in Sicily as well as ships.

After that, no more Roman armies spawn until the Xantippos event where a very strong but not numerous Roman army spawns in Africa as well as an highly experience fleet and another Roman army in Sicily. On this spawns, the troops are all very experienced (the result of years of war) with many of them having gold and silver chevrons.
    Finally, there is one last spawn after that, a Roman attack at Lilubim to try to win the war, where a strong Roman army with artillery will assault the city (and there are very high chances that you will loose the battle), there is also another Roman army that spawns nearby but doesn't support that army, and a fleet also appears near Lilubim.

So, as you can see, without taking into consideration the fleets, there are 9 army spawns in Sicily and Africa during the Punic War compared with the only 1 that is the current build.

This is a highly scripted war and many wouldn't like it. But I tested it and it is really fun, the war for Sicily becomes a real pain where you have to defeat strong Roman armies and spend a good amount of time there fighting Romans and getting your armies highly experienced which will help a lot during the Mercenary War.

A new building for my submod will be Underground Cisterns for Carthage and Aqueduts for Rome/Greek Factions. Still a work in progress.

I was checking how to do videos with Fraps and did three small videos about the new events, they were only for test purposes, but you can still see some of the new content.

https://youtu.be/u6_b2LB7XGQ

https://youtu.be/nrgUXlUgMQY

https://youtu.be/HWNgxBAqI1Q

The music comes from Roma_Victrix submods.
    Last edited by Lusitanio; November 10, 2019 at 03:10 PM.

Some things are better explained by watching than by words, so here are two videos of the Storm and Fire Disasters.

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/VXC2WRek0EM

https://youtu.be/sSozDPw2Xzo

Punic Archers - Model by Alondite, concept by Lusitanio and Trarco, images of the unit come from When Worlds Collide by Leoni. The original model and texture comes from the Carthaginian Citizen Militia + Toxotai Archers

https://imgur.com/a/rSzVDMQ

Those Photos of the three Generals looked great! Really looking forward to this one as i am a real Carthage fanatic

I have a question though, is it hard to implement for say Pictures, events, adding biographies and such.
    Because i would have done a 24/7 just implementing new and interesting facts for us history buffs

Keep up the great work, and hope we will see it in the next version of EB

Quote Originally Posted by Hohenstaufen234 View Post
    Those Photos of the three Generals looked great! Really looking forward to this one as i am a real Carthage fanatic
    Actually, right now only Hannibal keeps the same portrait, the two other brothers got their portraits replaced with better ones

Quote Originally Posted by Hohenstaufen234 View Post
    I have a question though, is it hard to implement for say Pictures, events, adding biographies and such.
    Because i would have done a 24/7 just implementing new and interesting facts for us history buffs

Keep up the great work, and hope we will see it in the next version of EB
    All you said is easy to do but takes some time and depends exactly on what you want to do. I took me some time to learn how to do it but once you learn, you see it's easy The only thing now is that I have less time then what I had before.

In any case, there isn't much to do now regarding the submod, it's working and makes your campaign really hard and fun to play, but I haven't tested yet the full effects of the Carthaginian civil war, I'm not sure if it's too much.

Anyway, you're free to give suggestions on things that you would like to see!

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Punic Archers - Model by Alondite, concept by Lusitanio and Trarco, images of the unit come from When Worlds Collide by Leoni. The original model and texture comes from the Carthaginian Citizen Militia + Toxotai Archers

https://imgur.com/a/rSzVDMQ
    I have a couple of questions about this unit. Mainly coming off comparing it with the other archer unit on the area, the numidian one.

It seems weird that the unit on one hand has higher defense skills, which implies more melee ability/training yet has lower melee attack which implies the opposite. Unless its a matter of equipment (worse weapons) though equipment in theory should favour this unit (as it already does with armour). Is there any specific reason for this? I could see it been more a levy type and not been as proficient overall, even if it can afford better equipment. Is just the inconsistency here which seeems weird.

Also they dont seem to have long range unlike numidians. Did they use different bows?

Last, the bonus in forest combat in a region where forest seems scarce feels a bit weird too. Or is it just a thing the sheet portrays due to the inherent bonuses of been a light unit? we know MTW can be misleading when it comes to information shown in unit sheets.

Also, unrelated but wanted to ask out of curiosity as this was discussed some time ago but never knew if changes were made. In this new iteration of the subdmo do the "Hannibal's" veterans inspired unit get normalized by EBII standards (proffesional unit stats with big size and recruitment cooldown but within mods limits) or is still very special (super long recruitment cooldown but huge size and elite stats)?

We will either find a way, or make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaj View Post
    I have a couple of questions about this unit. Mainly coming off comparing it with the other archer unit on the area, the numidian one.

It seems weird that the unit on one hand has higher defense skills, which implies more melee ability/training yet has lower melee attack which implies the opposite. Unless its a matter of equipment (worse weapons) though equipment in theory should favour this unit (as it already does with armour). Is there any specific reason for this? I could see it been more a levy type and not been as proficient overall, even if it can afford better equipment. Is just the inconsistency here which seeems weird.
    That was actually a mistake by me which I changed after taking the screenshots. They now have 3 defense skill.

Also they dont seem to have long range unlike numidians. Did they use different bows?
    They use the same bows as the greek archers.

Last, the bonus in forest combat in a region where forest seems scarce feels a bit weird too. Or is it just a thing the sheet portrays due to the inherent bonuses of been a light unit? we know MTW can be misleading when it comes to information shown in unit sheets.
    It's a normal bonus for archers, the same as the toxotai.

By the way, the Punic archers is a unit designed for defensive purposes. They weren't used for the offensive by Carthage (unless on its fleet), so they are meant to be mostly kept inside the walls. Which is why they will have plenty of ammo, probably the same as the cretan archers (28) or more (30).

Also, unrelated but wanted to ask out of curiosity as this was discussed some time ago but never knew if changes were made. In this new iteration of the subdmo do the "Hannibal's" veterans inspired unit get normalized by EBII standards (proffesional unit stats with big size and recruitment cooldown but within mods limits) or is still very special (super long recruitment cooldown but huge size and elite stats)?
    After my own testing, I normalized the unit more according to EBII standards. They now have 125 units and the recruitment cooldown has been decreased (still quite long).

One thing I'm quite happy about this submod is the events regarding the First Punic war and the Mercenary War. You will be in lots of trouble fighting Romans and mercenaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    That was actually a mistake by me which I changed after taking the screenshots. They now have 3 defense skill.

They use the same bows as the greek archers.

It's a normal bonus for archers, the same as the toxotai.

By the way, the Punic archers is a unit designed for defensive purposes. They weren't used for the offensive by Carthage (unless on its fleet), so they are meant to be mostly kept inside the walls. Which is why they will have plenty of ammo, probably the same as the cretan archers (28) or more (30).

After my own testing, I normalized the unit more according to EBII standards. They now have 125 units and the recruitment cooldown has been decreased (still quite long).

One thing I'm quite happy about this submod is the events regarding the First Punic war and the Mercenary War. You will be in lots of trouble fighting Romans and mercenaries.
    Thanks for the answers! Im already wanting to play Carthage more due to the aptch changes (only really have ever done 1 run that could be called such) and I really want to try it with the mod jeje.

We will either find a way, or make one.

After finishing my last script for the submod, I think everything is set and ready for the next version. So I decided to place here a list of what is to be expected for the next version:

- New disasters: Storms that will damage the port of Carthage and other cities, Fires that will burn the city and damage its buildings, Plagues that will strike hard on some of your cities and destroy its population, even to the point of preventing the player from recruiting troops.

- Historical Heroes: You will be able to play with Hannibaal, Hasdrubaal, Mago and Masinissa.

- Harder First Punic War: Expect a lot more Roman armies in Sicily, as well as several Roman fleets to attack your ports. If the conditions are right, you will also be invaded by a strong Roman army in Africa.

- Mercenary War: Expect it to happen after the First Punic War. This war is spawn strong rebel armies in Africa, Sardinia and Corsica. The player decisions will also influence how the events happen and may even cause a Second Punic War with Rome over Sardinia and Corsica.

- Numidian King script: You will be warned that the previous Numidian leader as passed away. This might influence your decisions about what to do with the Numidian tribes.

- Numidian Civil War and change to take a side to support Masinissa: The title says all, you will get to decide if you want to intervene and support Masinissa or do nothing and see Numidia be engulfed with rebels.

- New buildings: Water reservoirs and Minor temples will add some more choices to the player and another opportunity to spend money.

- New traits for Generals, Admirals and Diplomats: Carthaginians will have some more traits focused on the faction political system and the diplomats will even get diplomatic missions...

- Maritime raids script: You will be able to raid the ports of enemy factions and gain money, but at the same time you will also be vulnerable to raids from other factions which will cause a lot of damage on your finances.

- Triumphs and spoils of victory: Both your Generals and Admirals will have the opportunity to gain spoils of victory after being victorious in battle. All you need to do is to get the fleet or General close to your capital to get a special event and money.

- Corruption script for Carthage: While the city was renowed for its great wealth, corruption among the Carthaginian elites was also well known and the Carthaginian factions will be affected by that, having chances of losing significant amounts of money every year...

- Iberian Kart-Hadasht script: After the first Carthaginian reform, Iberia will start bringing more profits to the Carthaginian player but there will also be chances of some new rebellions...

- Siege events: Many things can happen while besieging a city, some can be positive, others negative like a raid on your supply lines...

- Pirate Attacks: You can now suffer raids from pirates and rebels so be sure to watch the sea!

- 2 New units (Exalted African Infantry and Punic Archers) and new textures for Libyan rebels.

What are you most excited about?

I enjoyed reading these Lusitanio, especially elements concerning the, 'Triumphs and spoils of victory'. It all looks great for role-play though. Thank you for your efforts on this sub-mod.

Where do you download this?

Love NCAA football? Go here.

Quote Originally Posted by Asparagus View Post
    Where do you download this?
    Will be available shortly after the next version of EBII is released. Soon my young padawan.

What have I been working on during the past months?

December update/New features after the next patch:

- New buildings for Carthage (most will be upgrades to existing ones), the already new buildings such as the Minor Temples (which has been slightly changed on how it works) and Cisterns are joined by the Great Library of Baal Hamon, Punic District Market, Punic Military Garrisons. Expect new ancillaries coming from these as well as increased chances for some existing ones.

- Change on the Carthaginian trait system. This won't be anymore a political battle between Barcids and AntiBarcids as now the Carthaginian political system will be composed of Magonids, Hannonids, Barcids, Neutral Party and the Gisco Party, all fighting for control of the Carthaginian politics.

- Moral system change. Overal, I have removed the moral bonus for some traits (too much morale being given to Generals), as the Carthaginian player, you will get a lot more penalties than before so do not attempt to send a rejected General to campaign, you will be defeated.

- Numidian Leader dead notification - As the Carthaginian player, you will get a notification everytime the Numidian Faction Leader dies.

- Numidian Civl War - You will get the chance of supporting Masinissa on his quest for kingship over Numidia, but the choice to support him will bring Numidian armies against you...

- Improved factional expansion - One of the best changes until now, I have managed to change the behaviour of the AI factions, they are a lot more expansionist then before and, as such, will give you more trouble.

Sounds exciting! Really great work, will use it when playing Carthague

Can't wait for the next update! keep up the good work

Is there any further updates on this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    Is there any further updates on this mod?
    Well, nothing much as I'm just waiting for the release of the new version to release it.

But you can expect the Agents from YourMadDoc submod on this one as well as a new government for Carthage (just in Phoenicia) and a new faction in EBII (it will be largely unplayable as its mostly just to fill a part of the map).

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

@Lusi, I wanted to nominate your submod to the TWC award. I think you've produced a version in 2020, right?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast