Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Barcid Revenge Submod - Updates for the next patch

Default Re: Barcid Revenge Submod - Updates for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    @Lusi, I wanted to nominate your submod to the TWC award. I think you've produced a version in 2020, right?
    Actually, no. I released one in 2019. How time passes. Anyway, with the amount of changes I've made, it doesn't compare with any other submod I have released before. It's really an immersive experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Well, nothing much as I'm just waiting for the release of the new version to release it.

But you can expect the Agents from YourMadDoc submod on this one as well as a new government for Carthage (just in Phoenicia) and a new faction in EBII (it will be largely unplayable as its mostly just to fill a part of the map).
    Looking forward to it.

Some photos from the submod:

Strat models from De Bello Mundi.
    Now Carthaginian generals will have a different strat model according to their ethnicity.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medieval2 2021-01-27 13-47-23.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	363507Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medieval2 2021-01-27 22-04-35.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	176.1 KB 
ID:	363508Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medieval2 2021-01-27 13-47-47.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	161.3 KB 
ID:	363509

Very well done!

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Some photos from the submod:

Strat models from De Bello Mundi.
    Now Carthaginian generals will have a different strat model according to their ethnicity.

Name:	medieval2 2021-01-27 13-47-23.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	363507Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medieval2 2021-01-27 22-04-35.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	176.1 KB 
ID:	363508Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medieval2 2021-01-27 13-47-47.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	161.3 KB 
ID:	363509
    Belgian faction confirmed
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    How are you going to make the insular Pritanoi life harder - will there be scripted invasions?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    How are you going to make the insular Pritanoi life harder - will there be scripted invasions?
    That will be up to the Belgians. This faction is mostly there to prevent the Pritanoi from constantly invading and dominating the continent. But the Belgians seem to be doing a very good job holding their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    I added that faction for my submod. On the main EBII there are still two remaining faction slots. In fact, I still want to use the other to add another faction but its hard to modify all the other files (there's a lot to add). Still, this faction is there mainly to stop the Pritanoi from conquering the continent and there's pretty much no additional content for the faction.

Last update before the next patch.

Watchtowers have been replaced by the Colony which your General will be able to establish by paying a good amount of money.
    This improves the role-play of the campaign as well as changing the watchtower mechanic which doesn't make much sense historically, as it is.

I'm still thinking about how much should cost to establish a Colony.

Some pics:

Name:	medieval2 2021-02-25 23-57-44.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	155.1 KB 
ID:	363891Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medieval2 2021-02-25 23-58-03.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	149.5 KB 
ID:	363892Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medieval2 2021-02-25 23-58-14.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	160.7 KB 
ID:	363893

This looks very good. Something to think about, a few years ago b0gia had a mod which replaced all the watch towers with villages for all cultures. They were much smaller in size to the colony you have which looks as large as a city, b0gia's were just a little bigger then the watchtower iirc. Just something to consider, looking forward to your release.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; March 20, 2021 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    This looks very good. Something to think about, a few years ago b0gia had a mod which replaced all the watch towers with villages for all cultures. They were much smaller in size to the colony you have which looks as large as a city, b0gia's were just a little bigger then the watchtower iirc. Just something to consider, looking forward to your release.
    I know, it's quite large but it does look nice on the campaign map. You will get used to it, no worries x)

Question. Is this just an aesthetics change or does it change the mechanic itself? You mention that the watchtower mechanic itself doesn't make much sense but from the pics it doesnt seem this would be much different (although looking much better, that I agree).

If its just a reflavoured watchtower though, it would have to be much cheaper so anyone uses it without been rich. I already hardly ever use those as is. Does AI even use them? I dont think I have ever seen it.

We will either find a way, or make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaj View Post
    Question. Is this just an aesthetics change or does it change the mechanic itself? You mention that the watchtower mechanic itself doesn't make much sense but from the pics it doesnt seem this would be much different (although looking much better, that I agree).

If its just a reflavoured watchtower though, it would have to be much cheaper so anyone uses it without been rich. I already hardly ever use those as is. Does AI even use them? I dont think I have ever seen it.
    It's pretty much a reflavoured watchtower but the goal is also to increase the importance of the spy agent which will be much more important on the next version, thanks to a great idea from Erken.

I had this idea after my last big playtesting, but hopefully Mike Golf will be able to test that mechanic for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! After testing on a new campaign, I do think that you're right, a smaller model looks better and I will change it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaj View Post

After testing on my campaign I verified that the AI does use it, I will take some screenshots x)

If you are interested in this submod, send me a message, I want to test to see if it works without any issues on the patched version without releasing it in public first.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Eager to get to grips with your sub-mod. There is no reason why it would not work in hotseat campaign is there?

Here is the link for my submod: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...-W?usp=sharing

This is not the latest version, if you want the most updated one (with more stuff like units and scripts) send me a message and I will share it with you.

Please share your feedback, especially if anything goes wrong so that I can fix it. This won't be savegame compatible!

I really recommend that you do a backup of your files, especially of the campaign script file.

IMPORTANT: Before downloading this submod, please download and install Roma_Victrix music submod:https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...or-EB-II-v-2-3

Credits:

- Exalted African Infantry unit models and textures from Wermez, Alondite, Paleologos and overall inspiration from Roma Surrectum and Rome Total Realism VII
    - Priest, Merchant and Princess agents idea from YourMadDoc Agents Revived submod - textures and models from De Bello Mundi
    - Carthaginian new strap map textures for Generals from De Bello Mundi
    - Integrated Crimson Tide Blood textures submod for EBII
    - Some new ancillaries, units pics and buildings UI come from Hannibal ad Portas mod for RTW
    - A lot of the new portraits as well as some events and buildings pics come from Leoni When Worlds Collide submod for Roma Surrectum II
    - Some buildings UI (Minor Temples) come from Rome Total History mod by Philadelphos
    - 3 portraits are from antiochos_hierax, a good number of portraits also come from Thg170 and Mike Golf work.
    - Battle formations from YourMadDoc as well as most of the new agents traits
    - Some great scripts and traits were done by Erken such as the epidemy script. The sieges script was an original idea from Erken that I adapted and modified according to my own tastes.
    - Diplomacy interface changes (courtesy of Erken with other small changes made by me).
    - Unique Mercenary Recruitment Inside Forts script by Jadli
    - Teobec Strat models for Carthage - Thanks Miszel for porting the models from RTW to M2TW

A special thanks to Wermez, Quintus, Trarco, Adanligum, Gigantus, Alondite and all the other modders that help me on this project!

Is this compatible with the newest R3.5? I've been wanting to try out this for a while, it looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor1234 View Post
    Is this compatible with the newest R3.5? I've been wanting to try out this for a while, it looks amazing.
    Well, the files on this submod would replace the files from EBII, so it should be compatible.

What is the difference in traits between the two Numidians? Is the current version for download add anything past the Nubian rebel spawning, Hannibal/Hamilcar, and the new portraits?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast