Thread: Westeros 1.0 Moat Cailin issue!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Westeros 1.0 Moat Cailin issue!

Hello, i'm trying to add the Moat Cailin custom settlement to Game of Thrones Enhanced. But each time i try to play a battle it will CTD to the desktop before the loading has completed.

I did change the descr_strat from large_castle to village, from population size 3000 to 400, from ownership "normans" to "turks" and i did replace the fortifications castle with motte & bailey.

Then i changed the culture in the descr_SM_factions from middle eastern to northern_european.

But it won't work and will CTD every time when trying to enter the battle.

Also, the custom settlement doesn't have it's own text-file that can be used in the IWTE-program. It only has the other files, so i have no idea how to change the file itself from a "wooden fort" to a large castle instead as an example.

Code:
    settlement castle
    {
    	level village
    	region Moat_Cailin_Province

year_founded 0
    	population 400
    	plan_set default_set
    	faction_creator turks
    	building
    	{
    		type core_castle_building motte_and_bailey
    	}
    	building
    	{
    		type castle_barracks garrison_quarters
    	}
    	building
    	{
    		type hinterland_castle_roads c_roads
    	}
    	building
    	{
    		type castle_smith c_blacksmith
    	}
    	building
    	{
    		type temple_orthodox_castle small_chapel_o
    	}
    	building
    	{
    		type equestrian stables
    	}
    	building
    	{
    		type missiles bowyer
    	}
    	building
    	{
    		type hinterland_farms farms
    	}
    }
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 02, 2019 at 10:50 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Westeros 1.0 Moat Cailin issue!

I've attempted to fight the battle in GoT Enhanced, in Fire & Blood 3.0 and in the version Peaman previewed (he managed to fight it according to a picture from earlier) called Fire & Blood 4.0.

It does CTD immediately at the loading screen. I do get a text "Unspecified error etc".. It never actually enters the battlemap..

The settlement worked for me in Westeros 1.0 but not in any of the other mods. Why would this be?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.02 - 22.06.27.42.jpg  
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 02, 2019 at 04:06 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

the custom settlement doesn't have it's own text-file
    what did you mean by that? the .worldpkgdesc ?

On the mod version where it doesn't work, erm, you might have missed copying something over from Westeros - I think there's an anim for an invisible gate involved in that somewhere...

Otherwise I think it might have a 'gatehouse' if you're loading it for a settlement level that doesn't normally have gatehouses and haven't added the entry for that to descr_walls.txt at the lower levels you'll get a CTD. Westeros v1.0 will have had the gatehouse entry in descr_walls as it was using stone-forts for the low level settlements.

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    what did you mean by that? the .worldpkgdesc ?

On the mod version where it doesn't work, erm, you might have missed copying something over from Westeros - I think there's an anim for an invisible gate involved in that somewhere...

Otherwise I think it might have a 'gatehouse' if you're loading it for a settlement level that doesn't normally have gatehouses and haven't added the entry for that to descr_walls.txt at the lower levels you'll get a CTD. Westeros v1.0 will have had the gatehouse entry in descr_walls as it was using stone-forts for the low level settlements.
    Yep, there is no .worldpkgdesc in the settlements/nothern_culture/castles/wooden_fort.

Only the other files - so i can't edit any file with the IWTE program.

I don't think it's the descr_walls, not the animation-file - because the settlement worked for Peaman in his 4.0-version of Fire & Blood. And i got his copy and strangely it didn't work on my computer when using his version that worked for him. All the files should be in order if it worked for him?

Westeros 1.0 does indeed work so i think this is a really strange issue.

Where is the animation-file supposed to be? It may be due to it, but then i don't know how the settlement worked for Peaman.

Edit: To be noted is the fact that when armies sally out from Moat Cailin it won't CTD - but the settlement isn't on the battlefield.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 03, 2019 at 12:18 PM.

- The Havamal

OK... Test One:
    Keep absolutely everything else you've done the same, and delete (temporarily) from your mod all the files you've put in the NE/castles/wooden_fort folder so it reverts back to the vanilla battle model and we can check it is really the MC files causing the crash and not some issue with the armies that happen to be there!

Test Two: stick the above files back in - set your log file to *trace, if it crashes, zip and post your log file here so I can have a look.

Where is the animation-file supposed to be? It may be due to it, but then i don't know how the settlement worked for Peaman.
    It would be in blockset/culture/animations - but I've just checked on my version of WTW and don't think MoatCailin did actually have any - sorry false alarm!

Yep, there is no .worldpkgdesc in the settlements/nothern_culture/castles/wooden_fort.
    In the WTW version it doesn't need one, because it's replacing the vanilla wooden_fort - a pkg placed there would just be a copy of the vanilla one, if you want to move this to replace the Large Castle you might be better off doing it by re-naming/re-placing the files, that will also require some alterations to paths that I'll explain later. Try to get the battle working where it is for now, and we'll get back to that!

All the files should be in order if it worked for him?
    Probably - the only thing I've come across where it works for someone and not someone else is some stupid obsure thing about projectiles, where the projectile path has to include the mod-folder name, and it crashes if you're trying to look up the wrong modfolder. Only other thing is custom anims crashing Linux, but as above I don't think MC has them...

Edit: To be noted is the fact that when armies sally out from Moat Cailin it won't CTD - but the settlement isn't on the battlefield.
    hmmm that's weird! There's an issue generally with sally's out from settlements that don't have complete rings of walls (unless they're settlement/village type) the WTW MC has some fixes for that, which should mean the ai does actually sally! I've not heard of a issue before about crashes only on non-sally battles - now wondering are you playing Steam version now? versus not before?

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Sorry for necro, but got same issue without thought how to deal with it.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!