Thread: Problem with launching EB - nothing happens

Foederatus

Default Problem with launching EB - nothing happens

Hi, I've encountered an obstacle I cant deal with myself. I've been playing EBII for some time, then one day - i double clicked desktop shortcut, as usual, but nothing happened. I've tried reinstalling M2TW, kingdoms, downloaded both installer and packed versions of EBii and nothing helps. When I double click on the shortcut there doesnt even appear a new process on task manager.
    I have non-steam version of kingdoms 1.5.
    The only change I remember doing is that I installed Three Kingdoms TW, played it awhile, then wanted back to play the better game, which is EB, and coudn't. Figured that was the problem, but uninstalling three kingdoms didnt help. There isnt even an error log in any game or mod folders. Can anybody help?

Default Re: Problem with launching EB - nothing happens

Try going to the EBII mod folder and launch the mod from there.

Foederatus

It doesn't work either. I probably sound like I'm dumb but i tried a whole lot of things. launch.bat works same as shortcut - nothing happens. i think it launches and closes so fast that taskmanager doesnt care to show new process. When using EB_Launcher.exe I get message that "M2TW launcher stopped working". I also deleted all registry keys for medieval and kingdoms before installing again.

Foederatus

Sorry, double post
    Last edited by Święty; October 02, 2019 at 11:55 AM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by Święty View Post
    It doesn't work either. I probably sound like I'm dumb but i tried a whole lot of things. launch.bat works same as shortcut - nothing happens. i think it launches and closes so fast that taskmanager doesnt care to show new process. When using EB_Launcher.exe I get message that "M2TW launcher stopped working". I also deleted all registry keys for medieval and kingdoms before installing again.
    No, not dumb at all, these things can happen.

Have you tried launching the vanilla game, starting a new campaign, quit and try launching EBII?

Foederatus

Yes, i tried that too. As I said, the most astonishing thing is that the mod worked perfectly and stopped launching without me dabbling in it. I only remember installing three kingdoms, thought it has overriden some libraries or files in user folder but coudnt find them manually so I just uninstalled TKTW, installed kingdoms and EB again, went with instructions as always (which always worked before) but problem still persists. So it is not really a "installation" problem. Do you know if EB or MTW in generall installs any files outside of game folder? and where that might be? or what files it shares with other creative assembly games? I really appreciate your help, strategy games without EB seem so dull

Well, in general you can install other mods at will, I have around 8 other mods in the M2TW mods folder, so that's not a problem at all.
    But if the problem continues even after you did all that I don't really know what more can we do.

Other options for you could be double check again if you did everything according to the installation, if it is in the right path and if the M2TW folder was clean from other modifications. Check if you have the M2TW and Kingdoms exe file and start a campaign on both games to see if everything is working as intended. See if you have the correct version of the game.
    If all this does not work, maybe try to get the game from steam.

Foederatus

I'm not aware if there is a three kingdoms mod for M2TW - i meant i installed a newest creative assembly game and that probably ruined some parts of medieval (which alone works fine, just not with EB anymore). I'll try steam version since its gotta be dirt cheap nowadays but im not sure if it will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Święty View Post
    I'm not aware if there is a three kingdoms mod for M2TW - i meant i installed a newest creative assembly game and that probably ruined some parts of medieval (which alone works fine, just not with EB anymore). I'll try steam version since its gotta be dirt cheap nowadays but im not sure if it will help.
    Oh, I was thinking you had installed the three kingdoms mod for M2TW. I don't have a clue why installing the other game messed your EBII installation. If you have the CD version of M2TW I think you can get it for free on steam.