Thread: How to incite a revolution in another nation or get its territory without a war?

Icon5 How to incite a revolution in another nation or get its territory without a war?

Hi all, I'm new to these forums and this is my first question. I'm playing Empire Total War as Prussia, and I would love to know a way to get a nation's territory without war. In my game, Rhineland and Saxony are still independent States. I have very good relationships with them, but I cannot buy the land as I do sometimes with Poland. I have a powerful army, but conquer them by war is not an option, because they both are protectorates of Poland, and in my game, Poland is really powerful (it has half of Europe under its domains) and doesnt stop of conquering.

So, my idea is to provoke a revolution on both Rhineland and Saxony, first one and then the other: when the revolutionary troops take over the little country, I'll send my army and take the region, then again with Rhineland.

I guess that by this way, Poland wont get annoyed by my invasions. If not, is there a way of diplomacy to do that both regions want to annex me? How do I start a revolution to take over the regions? I've trying with rakes and priests, doing sabotages and all, but I don't find the way to do that.

Thanks.

Default Re: How to incite a revolution in another nation or get its territory without a war?

Inciting uprisings is practically impossible, especially if you are not in war with your target. Public order is only seriously threatened in Empire by universities and, in any case, there's nothing you can do to affect it. Even if a revolution indeed occurs, I doubt it will have any influence on diplomacy or that it will damage the relations between Saxony and Poland. The only tangible consequence is that the absolute monarchy in Dresden will be replaced by a Republic. In my opinion, your only option is to declare war on Rhineland and Saxony, hoping that Poland will not intervene. If they do, you could perhaps bribe them to remain out of the conflict.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: How to incite a revolution in another nation or get its territory without a war?

Taking Saxony without a war with Poland or Austria (will sooner rather than later attack Poland) is impossible, unless Saxony are controlled by rebels (always war between rebels and other nations).

The same thing applies for Rhineland too, but taking Rhineland is more risky as it is close to both the Dutch and the French and surrounded with a few other independent states.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Neither Saxony nor Rhineland are independent territories but are the core territories of minor nations. If Saxony rebels it's replaced by Saxony (different government). If Rhineland (i.e. Kingdom of Westfalia) rebels, it's replaced by Hesse. While it's possible to cause an independent territory to rebel, you need to pay attention to the unrest level in that territory, look for what buildings are still providing positive support for popular morale in that territory, destroy those buildings, and hope you manage enough damage that the territory rebels. None of that is easy, nor quick. A tactic I've loved using is when I'm fighting one war, I use my Rakes to economically damage (and sometimes cause rebellions in) the territories of the next nation I intend to fight a war with. Keeps from having to fight wars on 2 fronts.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Akarios View Post
    If Rhineland (i.e. Kingdom of Westfalia) rebels, it's replaced by Hesse.
    Nope, Hessen cannot replace the Rhineland rebels in the late campaign, because Hessen doesn't exist in the late campaign. That can only happen in the early campaign.

Check ETF and see it for yourself. Also try to click on Hessen in the late campaign in the ETF launcher.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.