Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ‘No force can stop China’: Beijing shows off HYPERSONIC missiles & STEALTH drones at 70th National Day parade

Default Re: ‘No force can stop China’: Beijing shows off HYPERSONIC missiles & STEALTH drones at 70th National Day parade

Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    There is more to China’s ambitions than winning the tech race, too. Many thought Tiananmen was the beginning of the end for the CCP. Authoritarianism was thought to be fundamentally incompatible with sustainable economic growth. China has already made itself realistically indispensable to the world economy, . A catastrophe large enough to reverse her trajectory would take the world with it.
    Only to large multinationals. Indispensable is a strong word. Embargoes on China will have large ramifications on the global economy, but it's a mistake to assume that global value chains can't be rebuilt outside of China. The biggest issue that China can pose is really a military response. Without resorting to open war, China can significantly hamper trade coming in and from the Pacific. The collective action problem here is obvious. The benefits of confronting Chinese abuse of international trade, human rights, and international treaties are obvious, but no country wants to lead the charge by fronting the costs.

Default Re: ‘No force can stop China’: Beijing shows off HYPERSONIC missiles & STEALTH drones at 70th National Day parade

Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    Only to large multinationals. Indispensable is a strong word. Embargoes on China will have large ramifications on the global economy, but it's a mistake to assume that global value chains can't be rebuilt outside of China.
    If one takes this at face value, it could pass for the assumptions underlying Trump’s belief that the US can “easily win” his trade war. It’s true that capital is global and can adjust more quickly to change, relative to stickier factors. Therein lies the rub:
    Will Trump Back Down as His Trade War with China Bites the U.S. Economy?

If there were any lingering doubt that Donald Trump’s trade war with China is exerting a considerable cost on the American economy, it was erased on Tuesday, when a closely watched statistic indicated that factory output dropped in August. The news confirmed other recent suggestions that the manufacturing sector has entered a recession.

That doesn’t mean the over-all economy is slumping—not yet, anyway. These days, manufacturing is dwarfed by the giant service sector, which includes industries like health care, finance, and retailing. But it’s still a key part of the economy, and it plays an outsized role in Trump country, particularly the Midwest.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-c...the-us-economy
    https://think.ing.com/snaps/us-ism-i...ing-recession/

Trump appears to have already answered affirmatively to that question, probably due to the fact his calculus was always political, not necessarily based on the national interest. The nebulous “phase one” trade deal, to the extent it exists at all, is another tariff pause “in exchange for” alleged verbal guarantees of increased Chinese support for US agricultural exports, something near and dear to key voters in Trump’s base. Thus China has already proved itself realistically indispensable to the world economy, for the reasons you mention:

The biggest issue that China can pose is really a military response. Without resorting to open war, China can significantly hamper trade coming in and from the Pacific. The collective action problem here is obvious. The benefits of confronting Chinese abuse of international trade, human rights, and international treaties are obvious, but no country wants to lead the charge by fronting the costs.
    The elections of the US political class are heavily influenced by corporate interests invested in or dependent on China. If they had the political will to inflict real pain on the Politburo, they would have done so in 1989, let alone since then. On the flip side, the more the world pressures Beijing, the less incentive the latter has to cooperate with international norms when it comes to things like not invading neighboring countries on the basis of territorial claims based on things that happened 500+ years ago, won during imperial dynasties the CCP considers anti-proletarian, "fostered by the exploiting classes, having poisoned the minds of the people for thousands of years.
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; November 03, 2019 at 06:07 PM.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Wow yep they had transponders on, and junk to make them show up on civilian radar and they (German company) knew where they were flying and when... and lot of civilian radar bouncing all around in a non war situation so yep big deal -not
    I don't know man, the US has a poor record when it comes to stealth technology, be it from Serbs shooting down US stealth fighters to Iranians hacking down US stealth drones.

The more i think about it, the more i realise America never really earned its hegemony, it simply took advantage of the weakness of others to opportunistically steal what should have been others by right of valour.

Man lost the popular vote and failed to carry a sufficient majority in either house to get his wall. System working as advertised. Lost the House in the mid terms so very much no wall. I a bit unclear about what war Trump did not want and beltway elites wanted.
    Is the system supposed to allow for oligarchies impeding the will of the electorate?

The entire reason Trump happened was because the american people lost faith in their own democratic institutitons, because america's weak, effete elites were more concerned with slaaneshi hedonism than noblesse oblige.

Funny you say that since what was the parade in China but a choreographed display of stuff.
    I'd say the job of reminding Americans who want to nuke north korean civilians as well as Chinese civilians, that they themselves get to enjoy radiation poisoning and nuclear fallout, is a job just as essential as sex education for america's youths.

We can't have americans braying for nuclear war against China and expect them not to suffer any sort of repurcussions. That just will not do.

Fine live off the far lefty fringe BS its really no better than the far right. Went to see the man speak he is full of crap. The petrodollar remains a myth. Why not do me a favor and find some numbers and show what the epic catastrophe would be if the Yuan was the currency all oil was traded in. Because where I sit all I see is a marginally more expensive Yuan and marginally more expensive Chinese exports, and a comparably marginally less strong dollar and our exports are more competitive. Lots economies develop without oil got no ideal what the f you are talking about.
    I'm seeing a lot of ad hominems against the man, and elitist snobbery as if you believe you belong to the Beltway Elite, but not enough rebuttals against the man's thesis.

Anyway, getting back on topic; the US has realised too late, that White anglo supremacy is a poor substitute for technological advancement:
    5G policy ‘biggest strategic disaster in US history’

Trump urged to take radical action to ensure the US doesnÂ’t fall further behind
    Source: https://www.asiatimes.com/2019/11/ar...in-us-history/

Meanwhile, the Chinese civilisation marches ever onwards to greater glory:
    China mulls $10 trillion Earth-moon economic zone

China is mulling of establishing an Earth-moon space economic zone by 2050, with insiders expecting the zone to generate $10 trillion a year.

Bao Weimin, director of the Science and Technology Commission of the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation, revealed the ambitious plan at a seminar on space economy on Wednesday, media reported Friday.

In a report on developing earth and moon space, Bao shared his thoughts on the huge economic potential in this field and pledged that the country would study its reliability, cost and flight-style transportation system between the Earth and moon, The Science and Technology Daily reported Friday

He pledged to complete basic research and make a breakthrough on key technologies before 2030 and establish the transportation system by 2040. By 2050, China could successfully establish an earth-moon space economic zone, he said.

Many netizens were thrilled by the news, with some saying that "if I can catch a flight to the moon during the rest of my life, I would die without any regrets."

An aerospace scholar told the Global Times on condition of anonymity that by exploring earth-moon space, China can gain a lot, such as developing the space travel industry or conducting experiments on the moon.

As early as 2016, Zhang Yulin, then deputy commander-in-chief of China's manned space program, told media that they had plans to explore Earth-moon space.

In May 2018, China launched a relay satellite to set up a communications link between the Earth and the then planned Chang'e-4 lunar probe, which accomplished the first-ever soft landing on the far side of the moon in January. Chinese scientists and engineers hope the Queqiao satellite will form a communications bridge between controllers on Earth and the far side of the moon.

Aerospace fans predicted that the plan will accelerate many important projects, including the Long March-5 carrier rocket, China's largest launch vehicle, which is expected to be used to send the Chang'e-5 probe in 2020 to bring moon samples back to Earth, and China's heavy-lift carrier rocket, the Long March-9, which is expected to make its first flight around 2030 and will support manned lunar exploration, deep space exploration and construction of a space-based solar power plant.
    Source: http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1168698.shtml

This is what the white anglo supremacists want to destroy, simply because it makes them feel inferior. Such behaviour is typical of what the civilised world once considered "barbarians".

In fact, white anglo supremacists are so obsessed with feeling inferior when compares against the Chinese that they even want to persecute cancer and medical researchers of Chinese origin, the same Chinese scientists who have demonstrated a possible cure for Alzheimer's:
    China approves Oligomannate, worldÂ’s first new AlzheimerÂ’s drug in 20 years and it is based on seaweed

• Clinical trial shows effectiveness in treating mild to moderate forms of the disease, and it may even improve cognitive function
    • Researchers noticed elderly people who regularly eat seaweed are less likely to develop the condition

Packaging for Oligomannate, the new medication for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease, which is expected to be available for patients in China before the end of the year. Photo: Xinhua News
    Source: https://www.scmp.com/news/china/scie...eimers-drug-20

Gee, having to choose between anti cancer and anti alzheimer's medication, space exploration and interplanetary colonisation or......white supremacy.
    Tough choice.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Gee, having to choose between anti cancer and anti alzheimer's medication
    I drug not even through it stage 3 trials is not cure, its a treatment anyway.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41422-019-0216-x
    https://www.pharmaceutical-technolog...hina-approval/

For a bigger picture

https://xconomy.com/seattle/2014/09/...complicated/2/

https://www.nature.com/articles/nrd3251

On the second not fig 1. 252 new drugs approved by the FDA 98-2007
    USA 117.6
    Japan 23.0
    UK 22.8
    Germany 21.4
    Switzerland 13.1
    France 12.1
    Other Europe 28.7
    Canada and Australia 6.8
    Other 6.5 (mostly Israel)

So in perspective nice to see china joining the club.

space exploration
    Hey where our space station go?

interplanetary colonisation
    You got that from where?

Gonna need a lot more launches than they do now for all that space hype.

https://aerospace.csis.org/data/spac...nches-country/
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Indefinitely Banned

I drug not even through it stage 3 trials is not cure, its a treatment anyway.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41422-019-0216-x
    https://www.pharmaceutical-technolog...hina-approval/

For a bigger picture

https://xconomy.com/seattle/2014/09/...complicated/2/

https://www.nature.com/articles/nrd3251

On the second not fig 1. 252 new drugs approved by the FDA 98-2007
    USA 117.6
    Japan 23.0
    UK 22.8
    Germany 21.4
    Switzerland 13.1
    France 12.1
    Other Europe 28.7
    Canada and Australia 6.8
    Other 6.5 (mostly Israel)

So in perspective nice to see china joining the club.
    Ah but it's merely the beginning; Chinese biotech is merely in its infancy and yet it's already producing results, though tbh, we were already seeing advances in Chinese medical science and biotech from as far back as the past few decades, with antimalarial drugs against quinine resistant strains of malaria to vaccines against deadly flu strains and now, CRISPR.

With the current racial pogroms against ethnic Chinese Americans in the US, this trend is only expected to continue.

Hey where our space station go?
    You mean the test bed Tiangong 1? The same place that Skylab went, or are you implying that Skylab was destroyed due to incompetence?

You know what can't be denied is true incompetence? Allowing the ISS to fall apart in the next few years as the USG is expected to do, with the Chinese space station being the only permanent human outpost in near earth space.

You got that from where?

Gonna need a lot more launches than they do now for all that space hype.

https://aerospace.csis.org/data/spac...nches-country/
    What does it say about american leaders when their best and brightest say that UFOs are Chinese:
    A lawmaker is asking the Navy whether UFOs might be from China — not space
    Source:https://www.businessinsider.com.au/m....com&r=US&IR=T

It makes sense that america's leaders being narcissistic boomers would much rather burn the world down than live in a world where they actually have to treat others as equals, much less, human beings.

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    What does it say about american leaders when their best and brightest say that UFOs are Chinese:

Source:https://www.businessinsider.com.au/m....com&r=US&IR=T

It makes sense that america's leaders being narcissistic boomers would much rather burn the world down than live in a world where they actually have to treat others as equals, much less, human beings.
    Perhaps they were thinking of this;
    China's helicopter prototype looks like a UFO
    https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/16/a...hnk/index.html
    Although it is probably no further being developed than the aeronautical projects of 1930’s Germany.

I honestly do hope that most of the UFO encounters can be attributed to military projects, although I very much doubt it given the flying capabilities of these craft if they aren't the work of imagination.

Should any civilised intelligent creature see a parade of destructive technology, as was seen to celebrate such a thing as the birthday of a nation, and can be seen in other countries too, although less publicly displayed. They may well consider the life form that produced them, a inferior species not worthy of preservation. And it that they would probably be right.

Humans have yet to demonstrate what they have contributed to this planet, accept destruction and harm, and in this the PRC has taken its place as being foremost in this quality amongst nations. Well done China for in such an achievement.

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Ha ha best a brightness republican in the same sentence? Sorry a Minister with a the equivalent of BA/BS and no experience in the military or avionic engineering does strike me a best to discern what blips the navy might or might not see.
    Last edited by conon394; November 04, 2019 at 06:49 PM.

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

If you want to play the morality card, let's take a look what Chinese are doing. We all know what's happening in Hong Kong, to Uyghurs, or even to Chinese that dare to think differently and oppose the brainwashing and propaganda, or are just unlucky to live in one of most polluted areas on Earth.
    But did you know about how they behave in Africa?
    https://observers.france24.com/en/20...ning-companies
    https://asia.nikkei.com/Economy/Ghan...ly-mining-gold
    https://www.scmp.com/news/world/afri...and-corruption

And so on. You support a government that kills its own people, commits cultural genocide, illegaly mines and destroys ecosystems in foreign countries and murders locals, denies its citizens basic human rights, and you dare to speak of morality?

Indefinitely Banned

Ha ha best a brightness republican in the same sentence? Sorry a Minister with a the equivalent of BA/BS and no experience in the military or avionic engineering does strike me a best to discern what blips the navy might or might not see.
    Yet this is what the figurehead of democracy, the role model of the Washington Consensus markets itself as the Standard for the rest of the world.

This level of dysfunction would not be tolerated by any organisation, let alone a government of a supposed superpower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    If you want to play the morality card, let's take a look what Chinese are doing. We all know what's happening in Hong Kong, to Uyghurs, or even to Chinese that dare to think differently and oppose the brainwashing and propaganda, or are just unlucky to live in one of most polluted areas on Earth.
    But did you know about how they behave in Africa?
    https://observers.france24.com/en/20...ning-companies
    https://asia.nikkei.com/Economy/Ghan...ly-mining-gold
    https://www.scmp.com/news/world/afri...and-corruption

And so on. You support a government that kills its own people, commits cultural genocide, illegaly mines and destroys ecosystems in foreign countries and murders locals, denies its citizens basic human rights, and you dare to speak of morality?
    Yep, China is humanity's best hope of reaching the stars; white america has proven incapable of sustaining what it started back in the 60s and 70s. In fact, white america has retained the racism and FBI anti black identitarian movement policies of the 60s and yet hasn't retained the scientifc drive of the 60s and 70s.

In fact,
    Nation makes breakthrough in space plane project

2019-10-23 08:27:25Global TimesEditor : Li YanECNS App Download

China recently made an important breakthrough in developing its own space plane, a genre of aircraft that is expected to become a crucial weapon in the future, a state-owned research institute said.
    The First Research Institute of the Chinese Academy of Aerospace and Aerodynamics successfully conducted a wind tunnel experiment, in which the second-stage aircraft freely detached from the first-stage aircraft of a two-stage-to-orbit (TSTO) space plane, according to a statement the academy released on its WeChat account on Monday.
    TSTO means the space plane consists of two aircraft, with the first stage carrying the second stage, a military expert who asked not to be named told the Global Times on Tuesday,
    Source: http://www.ecns.cn/news/2019-10-23/d...q8046433.shtml

Meanwhile, famous grave robber and french President Macron who formerly said that the white western world needed to stand together against the coloured races like China, recently went to China to trade with the enemy. By his definiton, Macron has now become a race traitor; it's hard for french wannabe imperialists to decide whether they hate the anglos more or the idea of treating coloured races as equals:
    China and France sign deals worth $15 billion during Macron's visit

French President Emmanuel Macron and Chinese President Xi Jinping attend a China-France Economic Forum at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, China November 6, 2019. REUTERS/Florence Lo/Pool

Deals were struck in the fields of aeronautics, energy and agriculture, including approval for 20 French companies to export poultry, beef and pork to China.

They also agreed to expand a protocol for poultry exports reached this year to include duck and geese as well as foie gras, and to work on a protocol allowing France to export pig semen to China, said a statement from Macron’s office.
    BREAKING NEWS: CHINA TO COMMENCE 6G DEVELOPEMTN!!!
    Beijing kick-starts development of 6G technology as US puts pressure on Europe to ban Chinese telecom giants
    Source: https://www.rt.com/news/472827-china...ss-technology/

In solidarity with fellow huwhite people, Anglo America expects europeans to go without superfast internet an connectivity and the IOTs just so the fragile, fragile egos of Anglos can be preserved.
    Last edited by Exarch; November 07, 2019 at 05:31 AM.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

So China is developing a space plane? US has had that for a while now. Always playing catch up i see. You'll get there someday China.

Indefinitely Banned

LOL where's the superior white anglo 5G networks?

Always playing Left Behind, don't worry, Anglo America, you'll still get 5G; Chinese are generous like that.

In other news, the RCEP has been finalised, making it the world's largest FTA and China centred as well. White anglo race traitors like Australia and New Zealand have turned their backs on white anglo supremacism on this instance and bent the knee to Chinese superiority:
    RCEP deal hailed as big achievement

Premier Li Keqiang attends the third RCEP leaders' meeting in Bangkok, on Nov 4, 2019. [Photo/Xinhua]Premier Li calls trade pact a breakthrough for developing free trade zone in East Asia
    The conclusion of 15 Asia-Pacific nations' negotiations for what could be the world's largest trade deal has been hailed by analysts as both symbolically significant and a major achievement.
    In a speech at the 22nd ASEAN-China, Japan and Republic of Korea leaders' meeting in Bangkok on Nov 4, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang said 15 participating countries of the 16-nation Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership have essentially concluded all negotiations on market access.

This will be a major breakthrough for the development of a free trade zone in East Asia, which will have the most diversified structure of members and the largest growth potential possible, Li said.
    Source: http://global.chinadaily.com.cn/a/20...e35575e6f.html

Meanwhile, Americans want to invade Mexico, a fellow NAFTA member.

What i really want to know from some of the twc members here is what they'll do in a world where america is no longer no. 1 and where their white anglo privilege will be rendered null and void?

Civitate

LOL where's the superior white anglo 5G networks?
    You do know Verizon has a 5G network right?

In other news, the RCEP has been finalised, making it the world's largest FTA and China centred as well. White anglo race traitors like Australia and New Zealand have turned their backs on white anglo supremacism on this instance and bent the knee to Chinese superiority:

Source: http://global.chinadaily.com.cn/a/20...e35575e6f.html

Meanwhile, Americans want to invade Mexico, a fellow NAFTA member.

What i really want to know from some of the twc members here is what they'll do in a world where america is no longer no. 1 and where their white anglo privilege will be rendered null and void?
    FTA? Thats it? Thats going to propel China to superpower status? And dealing with cartels isn't an invasion. Gotta troll harder than that.

When China isn't afraid of Winnie the Pooh and caves in to a bunch of students in Hong Kong you let me know and then i'll consider China capable of being a superpower.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    You do know Verizon has a 5G network right?
    Yeah, no sorry:
    Verizon’s 5G home internet is sort of real, sort of fake
    Source: https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/2/1...-speed-meaning

i know that Anglos like to think that reality is just a state of mind, the same way jessica yaniv can believe they're a real woman, but just slapping a 5G label on something doesn't make it 5G the same way AT&T did earlier this year.

It would make sense that such a brazen act could only work in America where the decline in public education has made for a rather hmmmm "critically thinking challenged" generation.

The only real game in town when it comes to 5G is Chinese.

FTA? Thats it? Thats going to propel China to superpower status? And dealing with cartels isn't an invasion. Gotta troll harder than that.

When China isn't afraid of Winnie the Pooh and caves in to a bunch of students in Hong Kong you let me know and then i'll consider China capable of being a superpower.
    That is some impressive north korean tier brainwashing you got right there; we're talking Manchurian Candidate type stuff. Newsflash, bub; Winnie the Pooh isn't banned in China, in fact, some idiot white guy dressed up as Winnie th ePooh in China hoping to get arrested and breaking out into a career in citizen journalism, only to be disappointed by Chinese indifference.

It's funny because the reason why the Cartels have gotten as powerful as they have, is simply due to the drug war and CIA ops in latin america; and of course, here come the americans to provide the solution.

It's like a protection racket on a continental scale but that's what you get when the boomer leaders of America were raised on the Godfather and Goodfellas and fancy themselves as the next Don Corleone

Civitate

Yeah, no sorry:

Source: https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/2/1...-speed-meaning

i know that Anglos like to think that reality is just a state of mind, the same way jessica yaniv can believe they're a real woman, but just slapping a 5G label on something doesn't make it 5G the same way AT&T did earlier this year.

It would make sense that such a brazen act could only work in America where the decline in public education has made for a rather hmmmm "critically thinking challenged" generation.
    You really need to use sources from this year.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/09/tech/...ies/index.html

Its not 2018 anymore Exarch. Do try and keep up with the year.

The only real game in town when it comes to 5G is Chinese.
    No. South Korea has 5G and deployed it in April of this year. Its the first country to adopt 5G on a large scale. Do you really not know this? You act like China is the only one who has it.

That is some impressive north korean tier brainwashing you got right there; we're talking Manchurian Candidate type stuff. Newsflash, bub; Winnie the Pooh isn't banned in China, in fact, some idiot white guy dressed up as Winnie th ePooh in China hoping to get arrested and breaking out into a career in citizen journalism, only to be disappointed by Chinese indifference.
    https://screenrant.com/winnie-pooh-china-ban-why/

Can i compare Winnie to Xi Jinping Exarch in China?

It's funny because the reason why the Cartels have gotten as powerful as they have, is simply due to the drug war and CIA ops in latin america; and of course, here come the americans to provide the solution.
    Mexican cartels existed for decades. CIA actions didn't lead to their rise. Corruption in Mexico, the end of Escobar and the Cali cartel, and of course the War on Drugs helped fuel their rise. China has just as strict drug policy as the US.

Its stil not as bad as caving into those students though. China really showed how scared it was of any dissent.

I don’t see the point of a measuring contest between which country has the shiniest new weapons. That sort of tit for tat would only matter in a prolonged, traditional military conflict. Technological deterrence only worked while the US was lightyears ahead of the rest of the world. The Chinese would win most any conflict with the US in Asia quickly, due to sheer numbers, short supply lines, and media control which makes casualties a liability for the US at home, but not for mainland China. If American superpower proved anything, it’s that in the end, there are a few things that separate the men from the boys on the world stage. There’s currently nothing to stop the Politburo from achieving world dominance on most of those metrics:

https://www.axios.com/chinas-growing...f48710a18.html

https://www.axios.com/europe-china-u...fbea0e926.html

Instead of trying to follow the usual Cold War playbook 40 years too late, US leaders would have been better off working with our allies to corral the Politburo within the rules set by the post-WW2 order, and to respect the territorial integrity of its neighbors. China has US tech and military secrets because US companies sold them to Chinese firms. If the US government is to “crack down” on any side of the equation, it should do so internally to correct policy failures.

Projecting weakness by crying foul when China successfully follows the US playbook for economic growth only incentivizes the Politburo to accelerate the growth of domestic markets, reducing exposure to external economic shocks. Traditional confrontation has empowered hawks on both sides of the Pacific. Now, the future of the Sino-US relationship will be defined by a “race” for unilateral dominance, and that’s not something the US is guaranteed to win. She’s already starting to lose in ways that were previously unfathomable, even at the height of the Cold War. There is no secret economic or political bubble in China that will save the USG from the consequences of its decadence, neglect, and hubris.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

BREAKING NEWS: CHINA TO COMMENCE 6G DEVELOPEMTN!!!
    So does Finland, US universities, various tech firms...

In fact,
    Yup never seen on of those in a wind tunnel before... X-37B much

https://www.defensenews.com/space/20...ears-in-space/

Yep, China is humanity's best hope of reaching the stars
    You got all that from a wind tunnel test?

Yet this is what the figurehead of democracy, the role model of the Washington Consensus markets itself as the Standard for the rest of the world.

This level of dysfunction would not be tolerated by any organisation, let alone a government of a supposed superpower.
    He a congressmen.

vaccines against deadly flu strains and now, CRISPR

https://www.sixthtone.com/news/10032...ccine-shortage

Doing a bang up job on the former, the latter, err what about CRISPR?

Civitate

Way too mich fear mongering for my tastes. China doesn't has the capability to beat the US in the Pacific. Its why they are doing the best they can to catch up. Worse yet any war between the two countries would have devastating economic effects for both countries and the world.

Way too mich fear mongering for my tastes. China doesn't has the capability to beat the US in the Pacific. Its why they are doing the best they can to catch up. Worse yet any war between the two countries would have devastating economic effects for both countries and the world.
    The future is uncertain, sure. The US and China would most likely never find themselves in a direct military conflict, except in the capacity that US bases are in the way of Chinese expansion in Asia. The PLA has already exerted increasingly exclusive control over the South China Sea, for example. Regimes have been Iraq’d for less.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/04/us-e...china-sea.html

All the US and its allies have been willing to do so far is lodge formal complaints, because the reality is the US and monied interests don’t have the political will to do anything more. If nothing and no one stops the Politburo, they have no real reason to stop.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    The future is uncertain, sure. The US and China would most likely never find themselves in a direct military conflict, except in the capacity that US bases are in the way of Chinese expansion in Asia. The PLA has already exerted increasingly exclusive control over the South China Sea, for example. Regimes have been Iraq’d for less.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/04/us-e...china-sea.html
    These bases are also in various countries. China targetting them would force them to war. China isn't going to beat the US plus South Korea and Japan.

All the US and its allies have been willing to do so far is lodge formal complaints, because the reality is the US and monied interests don’t have the political will to do anything more. If nothing and no one stops the Politburo, they have no real reason to stop.
    Chinese actions are pushing them toward better relations with the US. Push too hard and they might start hosting US troops or worse a confrontation breaks out.

These bases are also in various countries. China targetting them would force them to war. China isn't going to beat the US plus South Korea and Japan.
    China isn’t going to invade Japan. Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan, for example? Perhaps. Wouldn’t even be the first attempt in the last century, and the Politburo claims most or all of the land/sea in these countries as territory. China is the golden calf of the world business community, which has muzzled US China policy for decades. US firms sold off the technological and military edge that kept the US on top for nearly a century, and relevant parties have made it abundantly clear through the present day that they will not long tolerate hostility from the USG toward their customers, employees, shareholders and business associates in China. There is no moral or patriotic reason why these same interests would suddenly grow a conscience about protecting political liberalism and the sovereignty of East Asian nations going forward.

The US public is trending increasingly isolationist and war weary for the foreseeable future, and that’s after an inconclusive war in Afghanistan that cost the US a couple thousand KIA in all of nearly 20 years. The public wouldn’t stomach a protracted war in Asia, especially when the PLA starts sending tens of thousands of casualties across American TV screens within hours or days. The assumption that Japan or Korea would choose to host the USM over Chinese cash and risk being “liberated from western occupation” by millions of Chinese troops sitting within a couple hours’ flight or boat ride can only be true for so long. Diminishing US dominance of the world economy will also reduce its ability to finance a global military apparatus with unlimited debt. US dominance in East Asia is a candle burning at both ends.
    Chinese actions are pushing them toward better relations with the US. Push too hard and they might start hosting US troops or worse a confrontation breaks out.
    The problem with the above line of thinking, at the very least, is that the US has plateaued, if not already in decline, while China is ascendant. If anything, China’s growing economic and military power has already produced asymmetrical disparities in East Asia. We’ve already seen media and industry begin to side with China over the US for purely monetary reasons, even as the Politburo seeks to grind down, destabilize and ruin a vital artery of world banking and finance in HK. US firms aren’t exactly lining up behind Trump’s attempts to isolate the Politburo on the tech front, either. If anything, world markets are waiting for the US to shut up and sit down so they can get back to business as usual with Chinese firms. The CCP will have less, not more, incentive to modify its stated foreign policy and security goals to avoid irking the US as time goes on.
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; November 07, 2019 at 11:25 AM.