Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Icon3 1.2.5a Fix Update!

Divide et Impera 1.2.5a Fix Update

---> DOWNLOAD <---

1.2.5a Fix Update September 30
    *Only Part 1 Updated for Standalone
    *Steam is updated
    *Save game compatible

This is a small update with various fixes and balancing, but also includes sourav's wonderful updated unit cards for many factions! Huge thanks to him for all the work!

Battle Changes
    - Lowered a bit cavalry and elephant mass for charge damage calculation
    - Changed stats of Illyrian cav and some infantry units
    - Buffed stats of Arverni and Nervi cavalry
    - Fixed wrong horses assigned to Cimbri cavalry (from light to medium and heavy horses)

Other Changes/Fixes
    - Added new Rome, Pergamon, Seleucid, Medewi and Sparta unit cards from sourav. Huge thanks!!
    - Fixed Illyrian Hoplite spearmen having wrong animation type.
    - Fixed a mistake in the Armenian Nakharar unit VMD file causing an issue with animations.
    - Fixed Roxolani Armored Lancers missing arms.
    - Fixed Corsica and Sardinian emergent faction rebel faction names being reversed.
    - Fixed Athenian Thureos Infantry, Infantry and Sparta Allied units being wrong pop size/class.
    - Improved effects of silk and amber road trade route regional effects. Extended silk road further toward Mesopotamia.
    - Fixed Roman and Hellenic small and large military port garrisons having the wrong sizes.
    - Fixed missing name for new Dacian special capital when held by Eastern factions.
    - Fixed Cimbri units having wrong formation type (hoplite phalanx instead of shield wall)
    - Added testudo, square and repel cavalry formations to Polybian units missing them.
    - Reduced Cimbri foot nobles armor and attack a bit.
    - Fixed German pike unit having wrong population size.
    - Added proper artillery recruitment for Getae and Ardiaei factions.
    - Updated Imperial Armored Legionaries description.
    - Fixed Cimbri not being playable in multiplayer.
    - Fixed Mercenary Scythian Armored Horse Archers having wrong unit card.
    - Changed "Release Captives" to "Ransom Captives"
    - Fixed Mac Wars Sparta having extra garrison units, added special tier 5 barracks.
    - Fixed tier 1 Illyrian Medaurus temple having wrong upkeep cost.
    - Fixed Lugii having wrong building for Victory Condition (new campaign only)
    - Removed some AOR units from Odyrssian custom battle roster to match campaign roster.

Credits
    - sourav for the wonderful unit cards! Thanks again!

---------------

Future Plans

Next we will be starting work on a larger update that will include some new features for the Alexander submod, some new features for the main mod and also may include some new battle updates. KAM will possibly have a new experimental pack for those who enjoy testing soon! We also have a website in the works, a small preview of which you can see here.
    Last edited by Dresden; September 30, 2019 at 03:19 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Default Re: 1.2.5a Fix Update!

Thank you Dresden! I finally have some spare time and Rome 2 + DEI is still my best choice for 4 years now.

One thing I noticed is how the Ardiaei went from being the most neglected faction in TW (according to RepublicOfPlay in YouTube too if I'm not mistaken) to receiving so much love and dedication to the point that the Illyrians are always mentioned in every update.

It really fixed things for me in the Balkans as I personally only focus on Italy, Spain, Greece, Western Balkans and Western Anatolia.

Nevertheless, I might have raised this issue many times before but why do the Ardiaei get Barbarian style buildings in the Campaign Map? I notice the Delmatae end up transforming a semi Hellenistic looking city into a barbarian one slowly (starting with the wall).

Even the Odryssians get nice looking buildings together with the Triballians who shouldn't even be in the game as the Autariatae drove them East and Alexander forced them to migrate in Getae territory and their power was further reduced by the Autariatae and the migrating Celts.

So IMO considering the time period you should replace the Triballi who also wrongly have Celtic skins with the Dardani for a far more interesting and historically accurate experience.

That and I still believe you should change the Ardiaei buildings into Hellenistic, especially since Epidamnos became a Corinthian/Korkyrean colony since 7th century which brings me to my next suggestion to rename Epidamnos to Scodra, the actual Ardiaei capital as well as its location on the map is perfect. Epidamnos is almost exactly between Scodra and Apollonia (even slightly closer to the latter).

Hope my post it's informative and helpful.
    Last edited by Nikron; September 30, 2019 at 08:39 PM.

The Illyrians have a mix of Barbarian buildings and Hellenic sprawl if I remember, so it should look unique compared to any other faction.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    The Illyrians have a mix of Barbarian buildings and Hellenic sprawl if I remember, so it should look unique compared to any other faction.
    Ardiaei's level 4 Epidamnos in the campaign map has 1) what looks like a burnt Square with black tiles, 2) amother barbarian looking square with 3 ugly buildings, and 3) a white small fishing village. It's completely empty even for North European barbarian standards.

Epidamnos was an Hellenistic Polis while Scodra (where Epidamnos is mistakenly placed) was a walled heavily fortified settlement, nothing like celto-germanic villages build by carpenters.

So in the campaign map I see simply a razed and burnt small barbarian village instead of a level 4 Polis.

Do you have in mind an update for Imperator Augustus, Empire Divided and the Rise of the Republic just like the main campaign? I mean including battle changes, scripts, roster overhauls, AOR etc.
    Imperator Augustus has already updated, but I would like to know if the DEI team will continue working on this campaign.

Greetings.

Excited to see what you guys add on the Alexander campaign

Quote Originally Posted by curro123 View Post
    Do you have in mind an update for Imperator Augustus, Empire Divided and the Rise of the Republic just like the main campaign? I mean including battle changes, scripts, roster overhauls, AOR etc.
    Imperator Augustus has already updated, but I would like to know if the DEI team will continue working on this campaign.

Greetings.
    The IA campaign has been worked on extensively with custom units for various factions, etc. I don't think we have many more plans for it. The other 2 campaigns will be lightly worked on but nothing major soon, they are well outside the mod's main timeframe and, therefore, would require an entirely new effort/overhaul. I would like to get some of the anachronistic units out of RoR, such as the Nuragic roster.
    Last edited by Dresden; October 01, 2019 at 02:38 PM.

Centenarius

Good news, thank you Dresden!

Hey Dresden, is this save compatible?

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post

*Save game compatible
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiochos VII Sidetes View Post
    Hey Dresden, is this save compatible?
    It's. He actually wrote it up there.

Oh my bad. Good to know.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Is there an easy way to find this on Steam? I have looked through almost the whole workshop. Sorted every way possible and searched on 1.25, 1.25a, nothing. Any tips on finding this?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

It is already included in the first part of DeI
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

So I just need to get a new part 1?

Doh! Never mind. I went back to my Pergamon campaign and see new cards! Beautiful!
    Last edited by struckat; October 05, 2019 at 01:40 PM.

Part 1 only yep. I won't update Part 2 unless its a large update that requires it.