Thread: Ottoman Empire crashing campaign in DME

Default Ottoman Empire crashing campaign in DME

Does anyone know a fix for the issue of the Ottoman Empire crashing the game in the campaign with the DarthMod? It's been a few years since I've played this game, just got back into it. I know the issue is the Ottomans have hundreds of little single-unit armies marching all over the place and that's what causes the crash.

I'm playing as Russia, starting in the year 1783 and by the year 1786 the game crashes on the Ottomans turn.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Ottoman Empire crashing campaign in DME

That sounds very annoying. I've seen the problem you describe. DarthMod offers a lot of impressive features, but it also seems to give factions a lot more money. If factions have a lot more money, then the Ottoman Empire can more easily recruit lots of tiny armies. To be fair, this problem isn't the fault of the modders who made DarthMod, it can happen in any campaign.

I don't know of a way to fix it when it's happened when a campaign is in progress. I'd be interested to hear from DarthMod players if they know of a solution.

For me, the solution was to reduce the risk of this bug happening by using a different mod, such as Empire Total Factions or Imperial Splendour. You could also try using the version of Bran Mac Born's Empire Campaign AI mod with the hard economy, regional development and anti-Ottoman turn bug features. Alternatively, if you prefer to keep the benefits of DarthMod, Bran released a similar AI mod specifically for DarthMod, with a version intended to reduce the Ottoman turn bug, so you could try that if you aren't already.
    Last edited by Alwyn; September 29, 2019 at 03:20 AM.