Thread: Scotland Gracul VH / VH Guide

Icon12 Scotland Gracul VH / VH Guide

Just wrapped up Genoa, fired up Scotland game. This was my first ever faction to win with so I decided to replay it and lend a simple strategy for anyone wanting to give them a try. Its an easy faction to win with as they have it quite easy once you get William Wallace & Company. I will do my best to link photos below at certain spots as I'm quite new to this.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Medieval 2 2019-09-22 12_29_10 PM.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	368.2 KB 
ID:	359615Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Medieval 2 2019-09-22 12_20_26 PM.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	283.4 KB 
ID:	359616Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Medieval 2 2019-09-22 11_28_25 AM.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	295.9 KB 
ID:	359617Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Medieval 2 2019-09-22 11_46_00 AM.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	314.7 KB 
ID:	359619Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Medieval 2 2019-09-22 12_23_27 PM.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	385.8 KB 
ID:	359620Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Medieval 2 2019-09-22 12_26_11 PM.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	356.1 KB 
ID:	359621Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Medieval 2 2019-09-22 10_57_07 PM.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	327.3 KB 
ID:	359622

Please note this using Meloo's fix for SS6.4
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Medieval 2 2019-09-22 10_57_44 PM.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	401.6 KB 
ID:	359624
    First turn:

Recruit a diplomat, catapult, a spy and max units which includes another galley in Edin then go max units plus another spy if available in your other castle/town. Build for population I guess as money and better barracks wont be something to strive for yet. Next break your fleet into two and take one galley to pick up 2 highlanders, 2 highland nobles, 2 archers, 1 General and 2 border horses and send them around the top of the UK to Dublin. They should get there in a few turns. Afterwards send the rest of the army besides any generals whom you want to be lord or whatever for at least a turn to Edin. Now before you end your turn send your princess (in other versions your diplomat) to England for trade rights, then load them onto the other ship you have and send them to France. End turn

Get the princess/diplomat to France and secure an alliance which can be done preferably by turn 2 but possibly 3. While this is going on hopefully you recruited another galley at Edin. Load up all your units besides the few holding things down back home to just above York but keep them on the boat. Hopefully the galley going to Dublin is close/ready.

Whatever turn your at, say 3-4-5 make sure you time it where you take both Dublin and York in one turn. The AI loves leaving a stack by cities, attack it causing a battle to ensue, make sure there are no survivors via execution and then you can take the city. With York, just use the catapult. End your turn by abandoning York, leave it completely empty. If your ballsy, send the army that took York down to either Winchester or Exeter, it may get caught by an English naval stack. By this time keep your spies by Nottingham, London and the castle in Wales (forget how to spell).

Once England retakes York it should trigger the spawning of William Wallace and the other guy. You will now have 2 full stacks containing pikemen. These will nurf any Feudal Knights, GB & Miles. All you have to deal with is early longbowmen which can be taken out via sacrificing one unit as target practice and rushing with others. Once you have these two stacks its balls out against England. It should be a cake walk as once you take Nottingham they're practically screwed. You should have conquered the rest of England by turn 15. Ignore the pope and get excommunicated. The pope shouldn't be a concern until the late stage of your game when you need to get Jerusalem.

After taking England what I like to do is hopefully have a princess marry Wallace so they're might one day be a King Wallace. Besides that basically just turtle up building Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Medieval 2 2019-09-22 11_10_03 AM.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	329.6 KB 
ID:	359623if its a game mechanic but having that Empire is a strain on your money.

Good luck and enjoy. I started this game last week, when I win I will post photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Medieval 2 2019-09-22 11_58_59 AM.jpg  

Default Re: Scotland Gracul VH / VH Guide

Well i completly botched those screenshots lol

Scotland is an ok faction to play for me right now I am playing at aragon and at war with the moors. For some reason the genoans attacked for a while but now at peace with them. It's strage why they attacked. I have one full stack of units going on a crusade to take over Vilnius against the lituanians. Scotland has to worry about england, which is a pain and about france england is dealt with. Best strategy is to bulster your army for a while then strike whatever empire attack you first.

The main part of your strategy there, which is a good one, is taking York and tempting England to take it back (early) to spawn Wallace.
    You're right... long as you do that early, its pretty easy to roll up the English lines and the British isles are yours by turn 15-20.

I usually do the opposite, but similar, strategy playing as England... Tempt Wallace out then make peace. After a few turns (make sure relations stay strong), Scotland will start sending armies to NE France.
    That's when I swoop in and take out the Scottish homelands. I let the European powers wear down and eventually destroy whatever Scots went there.

Whether as Scots or Brits, once you own the islands, the game becomes very relaxing for a while.
    Honest and truly, I AM Robin Hood!

Ive never trieed Aragonn but it seems challenging with France Spain Genoa and the Moors all around. Ive tried portugal but never suceeeded due to spain and the moors smashing me.

Also yes that is my coire strategy Duck, with the english those longbowmen are the biggest challenge/advantage.

So my save fiile was corruppted around Year 1273, i'm playing 2ypt so I don't know how to access my game as when I load the save file it just crashes. total piss off but it looks like we wont see King Wallace smash up Europe.

Ill start a new game and upload a strategy. Thinking something Iberian or Eastern European.

Are the Cumans even good in this mod?

Some people complain they're a weaker Mongols that are included just so half of Russia isn't made up of rebel settlements. But in my opinion, Cumans are fun in the sense they are the underdogs and rely on their cheap and expendable units to overrun their enemies. I find the late campaign a lot more fun than early, as all the low armored units in the early game make battles somewhat of a massacre with your readily-available horse archers.

They don't have a huge variety of units, and your only real strategy is to abuse your horse archers as your infantry die off like the fodder they are

Wanted to let folks know that I wont be posting a final photo for this run through. I conquered the western half of the map excecpt Italy. Lost my last Wallace character to Norway and they were still quite big. Didnt take Scandenavia and Norway controlled most of eastern europe into Russia.

New thread shortly