Thread: IS DLC worth getting alongside DeI?

TrippinDaJive's Avatar Libertus

Default IS DLC worth getting alongside DeI?

There's a steam sale going on right on for TW games. I was thinking of getting Rise of the Republic and Desert Culture pack. Would they add anything to DeI or it doesn't matter? For instance, is DeI compatible with RotR?

Default Re: IS DLC worth getting alongside DeI?

RoR is compatible but some of the units are anachronistic (will be addressing some of the worst cases hopefully in the next update).

Desert culture will let you play as some of the African/Arabian tribes.

Most of the DLC is good for unlocking factions, a few have some good campaigns too.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Black Sea is personally my favorite since it includes Massalia (amongst others), Hannibal at the Gates, and Caesar in Gaul both offer 2 unique campaigns with a large concentration of regions on smaller maps.

So I just got the Desert Kingdoms DLC, the last one I didn't have -- and it is worth it. The Kushite roster is so delightfully ancient Egyptian it makes me feel like my armies stepped out of a time machine. Numerous, brave, but not well armored medium infantry make for a fascinating battle system.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

for the majority of the DLC, absolutely. I love the campaigns because they are more focused, like the M2TW Kingdoms expansion pack, making it easier to simulate specific campaigns like Caesar in Gaul or Hannibal Barca without having to deal with a surprise Arabian invasion as Gaul or the generals dying of old age just as they've started their famous adventures

Rise of the Republic is the only one that doesn't work with DEI, in terms of gameplay mechanics. You could still theoretically play the campaign, but ROTR has unique "technologies" for each faction which DEI hasn't implemented yet

Is beasts of war required?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

No, we use custom units.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod