Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: - Report Bugs & Errors -

Default Re: - Report Bugs & Errors -

Quote Originally Posted by juanplay View Post
    Managed to solve my battle crashes, it seems the steam´s version of the game was causing them, had to install the mod in an old CD version of the game I had.
    A question: do you also have the old IBFD installed? ( on your steam install )

No, my steam installation was clean. Can anyone confirm if their steam versions work as intended without crashes?

Quote Originally Posted by juanplay View Post
    No, my steam installation was clean. Can anyone confirm if their steam versions work as intended without crashes?
    Well, I remember that a while back I had some issues with instability, but then I installed IBFD (+ the upgrade ), and it became much better. I know very little about these things, I'm afraid, but I found it rather interesting.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Fresco View Post
    For the creators of this beautiful Mod: are you working to solve the Script problem, which if you activate CTD cause? It is very annoying that the sticker to always activate the Script always appears!
    However,very compliments for your fantastic Work!!!
    Well, you may activate the script (it is a 4-turns-per.year), however, you may save more often then,

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

Great notice Gaiten!! Can I activate Scripts even in the Campaign in progress?
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

I found something very strange: I'm having a lag of 1 or 2 seconds during the battles that blocks the game until it runs again normally, but it occurs continually in each battle so it is frustated.

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

I get a CTD during the final stage of the end turn process, when i activate the 4 turns per year script.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Just wanted to first off say amazing work to you all! Talk about giving a fresh look to a mod I have absolutely loved!

I did want to say that I am getting crashes with custom battles. I wanted to see the units and all, try to check them out before jumping into campaign, but the mod crashes. No error or anything of note. Spoke with a fellow TWCer who plays the updated mod and said he didn't encounter any issues. So not sure what I am doing wrong lol.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    Just wanted to first off say amazing work to you all! Talk about giving a fresh look to a mod I have absolutely loved!

I did want to say that I am getting crashes with custom battles. I wanted to see the units and all, try to check them out before jumping into campaign, but the mod crashes. No error or anything of note. Spoke with a fellow TWCer who plays the updated mod and said he didn't encounter any issues. So not sure what I am doing wrong lol.
    It can be very frustrating indeed... There are so many factors to take into account in terms of what platform one uses ( disc or steam? ) Some have very few issues, while other experience lots of crashes. It makes you feel a bit nostalgic when thinking of the old disc days...

Diplomacy WRE & ERE starts at war?

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Joar View Post
    It can be very frustrating indeed... There are so many factors to take into account in terms of what platform one uses ( disc or steam? ) Some have very few issues, while other experience lots of crashes. It makes you feel a bit nostalgic when thinking of the old disc days...
    Unfortunately, the only discs I have are my sole copy of Battle for Middle-Earth 1 (2 and Witch-King are impossible to find or extreme expensive)

Yeah it is a lot of factors so I sort of gave up for now after reinstalling the game and mod as well as getting rid of map.rwm. The battles work in the campaign so maybe, considering all the possible culprits, I may just need to wait for a hotfix/update lol.

Thanks!
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Dear Gäiten, Joar and team,

First let me thank you for this long awaited mod. I am an old TW series player, as I started with Medieval 1. I mainly play some Kingdoms mods, like EBII, DIK, TATW, 1648 and the Last Kingdom. I tried IBII, but did not really adhere to the choices of this mod - choices I obviously respect.
    For RTW/-BI, I played EB, FATW, VI2, Arthurian, and already played IBFD. And I awaited for years (to no avail, sadly) Age of Darkness II, that was meant to take place in the dark ages.

This to say that I have sometimes strong opinions that may differ from those of the developers, but that I never think I am "right"

So far, I have tested IBRR for more than 25 turns with the Hephtalites, using a Steam version of RTW-BI (I first tried to install my old CD version, but couldn't have it work under Windows 10 - this to say that even if I love playing, I am totally dumb with IT!).
    I have so far 3 bugs and/or errors to report:
    1/ a very small one, there is no card for "watchtowers" and "forts";
    2/ a larger one, as all cities have a growth of 10% to 12.5% per turn, naturally. This obviously should be changed to a much lower figure, between 0 and 1.5%, IMHO;
    3/ a maybe personal view, as I fight against Persia, there are tons of stacks coming my way. I doubt that this is possible without a large amount of money given each turn. My view is that I should not be forced each turn to fight against at least 10 stacks. It is just like a combat feast, and from my view, this should not as much as this. Even for this period.

I want to say that my criticisms are only aimed to be positive, as I love both teh period and your endeavour. Sorry for my English, and thank you, again!

FFJean

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

First of all - fantastic work, looks glorious.

However, I am constantly getting CTDs in all battles, both in my campaign as with custom battles. I have also reduced the settings to a minimum, but that shouldnt be the issue.
    I am playing the ERE (no script), steam version.
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

One thing I forgot to add: I have experienced almost 0 CTDs, playing battles againt the Indian power (don't remember the name, sorry) and Persia. However, during battles, it lags almost continuously. Maybe settings are too high, even if my computer is rather powerful.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    ....However, I am constantly getting CTDs in all battles...
    Have you tried applying a 4gb file to your exe? if you haven't I can't give more detail as it's against TWC rules just google it
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; October 09, 2019 at 11:59 AM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Quote Originally Posted by FFJean View Post
    One thing I forgot to add: I have experienced almost 0 CTDs, playing battles againt the Indian power (don't remember the name, sorry) and Persia. However, during battles, it lags almost continuously. Maybe settings are too high, even if my computer is rather powerful.
    Have you tried turning off battle map & detailed unit shadows? also try changing you resolution from x32bit to x16bit as well, no guarantees but it may help, this works quite well for me, I also use large not huge unit sizes. I also play RS III a lot which is a heavy content mod and it helps there too.

Thank you Saul,

I’ll try that.

FFJean

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    Have you tried applying a 4gb file to your exe? if you haven't I can't give more detail as it's against TWC rules just google it
    Hi Saul, thanks for the response, but I don't quite follow - do you mean allowing the exe to access more than the 4gb ram?
    ~Alfred Adler

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    also try changing you resolution from x32bit to x16bit as well, no guarantees but it may help, this works quite well for me,.
    I'll try this too
    ~Alfred Adler

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    ......do you mean allowing the exe to access more than the 4gb ram?
    Yes mate, there's no guarantees, it's just a suggestion, it doesn't always seem to work for everyone or every mod but it has worked for many people I have suggested it to.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; October 09, 2019 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Typo

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast