Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: - Report Bugs & Errors -

Default Re: - Report Bugs & Errors -

I would second doing the verifying of game cache for Steam as I just had CTD's left right and center whether trying to fight battles or moving on to the next turn and since doing that I've only had one or two but that was when I tried fighting Alaric and another of his armies but got around with auto resolve.
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

Yes I have tried to save before battle and start again, it crash anyways.

With any Gallo Romans units vs Langobards army, it crash. I think the problem is the langobard general but im not sure

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Could you try this in the custom battles, please.

Hallo

I also found a bug in the battlefield. The Schildwall and Schildtron formations are not working properly. With the hedgehog formation, the infantry has no advantages and is simply flattened out. The shield wall hardly works at all. The units do not stay in the formation, but push forward very ungodly, which in turn means that they are slaughtered by the enemy.

Hi Everyone !

First of all I would like to thank you all for this mod and the other, yes I am also following Europa barbarorum 2, Restitutor Orbis and Invasio Barbarorum 2 Flagellum Dei. It may not be the same team but quality is IMHO consistent throughout all of these mods.

That being said I would like to let you know of several things that appeared as bugs to me, I will try to post pictures to underline my points. So let us get started;

(1) I am not sure about this one being a bug but when playing as Eranshahr in the main campaign, I feel like there are as many elite unit as there are cities/provinces yet when going to the custom battles there are not as many regional units

(2) Linked to the first one ! When choosing the sassanid in custom battle, there are white screens in place of units yet after going back to the desktop (to write a bug report for instance) and coming back, the white screens disappeared... weird. It may not be a priority though but now you know it exists.

(3) Most annoying issue in my opinion is that the population growth rate in Iran is exponential, I built some wells and tier 0 or 1 in the lowest provincial cities and now I got

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ruinae_roma_02.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	132.4 KB 
ID:	361752Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ruinae_roma_01.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	361753Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ruinae_roma_02.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	132.4 KB 
ID:	361752

Ok well it would seem I learn quickly anyway here is the end of the phrase;

cities that became unmanageable, the growth rate leads high population (too fast) which in turn leads to high squalor (too fast) which leads to cities in rebellion all in all before I am even done building buildings giving happiness or health. I noticed that it was a bug/issue in some barbarorum invasion dlc end game so I am not too sure if you can do anything for that but I usually got 10s of cities entering in rebellion because they were growing too fast.

That is all for now. Maybe these issues are only specific to me, dunnow but they came across as bugs so here you go. Please I am aware that such mod is time consuming so take your time to finish them. Again thank you for your efforts and Keep going.

Thank you that you enjoy the game

Due your points ...

(1) I am not sure about this one being a bug but when playing as Eranshahr in the main campaign, I feel like there are as many elite unit as there are cities/provinces yet when going to the custom battles there are not as many regional units
    This is due the game engine, there is a maximum limit for units for the Custom Battle Mode. More are not possible.

(2) Linked to the first one ! When choosing the sassanid in custom battle, there are white screens in place of units yet after going back to the desktop (to write a bug report for instance) and coming back, the white screens disappeared... weird. It may not be a priority though but now you know it exists.
    This is an original game bug, so far I have not found anything to rectify this. Sorry.

(3) Most annoying issue in my opinion is that the population growth rate in Iran is exponential, I built some wells and tier 0 or 1 in the lowest provincial cities and now I got cities that became unmanageable, the growth rate leads high population (too fast) which in turn leads to high squalor (too fast) which leads to cities in rebellion all in all before I am even done building buildings giving happiness or health. I noticed that it was a bug/issue in some barbarorum invasion dlc end game so I am not too sure if you can do anything for that but I usually got 10s of cities entering in rebellion because they were growing too fast.
    This has been my intention to give a more historical correct background to the Eastern factions, there were a lot of internal upheaval and rebellions. Getting this with a high population growth done, was an easy way to do.
    DDuring my testing, the Sassanids got far too fast too powerful and this did unbalancing the game, IMHO.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Wow, that is a quick reply, thank you !

Even though if I have understood clearly none of my issues are bugs... Glad to hear.

Honestly I kinda of expected the first point, the second one is no priority and as I said I can just go back to desktop and to game quickly.
    As for the last one I would understand, seeing all of these nice regional units AND the money the sassanids make even though with several stacks would be fearsome for the Romans. Revolts will indeed curbstomp them.

I do have a question, when starting the game I have very specific regional units in my cities, they feel unique and I am quite uneasy to engage them and possibly loose them. Is there a possibility to recruit them later on ?

Also May I have the sources for the sassanid military machine you ve used ? I am very interested in them.

Best wishes and many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fauron View Post
    I do have a question, when starting the game I have very specific regional units in my cities, they feel unique and I am quite uneasy to engage them and possibly loose them. Is there a possibility to recruit them later on ?
    Yes, you will have to build certain combination of buildings and then you can recruit these units in these cities/regions.
    The tricky note is, that you do have mostly only one regions for recruiting these elite units.

Quote Originally Posted by Fauron View Post
    Also May I have the sources for the sassanid military machine you ve used ? I am very interested in them.
    There are quite a number of books I have studied to get the Sassanians as good as possible done.

The most important are:

Sassanian Elite Cavaly (Elite) - Osprey Publishing
    Sassanian Military - Montvert Publishing
    Decline and Fall of the Sassanian Empire - I.B. Tauris
    The Armies of Ancient Persia: The Sassanians - Pen and Sword (very recommended)
    Military History of Late Rome: Volume One - Pen and Sword

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Domesticorum Sagittarii Pedites unit causes CTD

Playing as Ostrogoth faction, battle with brigand ,i found a bug regarding brigand units

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tapatalk
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

I have found two more bugs when playing as Vandals.

Bug number 1, one of the CAV units does not have a name or description:
    [IMG]blob:https://imgur.com/0da36f6d-1e8c-4ec1-ba2f-6080dac5eece[/IMG]

Bug number 2, general I Recruited from a town has retinue he should not have based on his culture:
    [IMG]blob:https://imgur.com/206aacf7-1fc6-4058-9eaa-fa20d6bb65da[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Johnadiw26 View Post
    Playing as Ostrogoth faction, battle with brigand ,i found a bug regarding brigand units
    Simple bugfixing:
    Open /text/export_units.txt
    Search for western_peasant_scirii.
    Replace this with scirii_spearman for any of the above mentioned.
    Last edited by Gäiten; September 13, 2020 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignacivs View Post
    I have found two more bugs when playing as Vandals.

Bug number 1, one of the CAV units does not have a name or description:
    [IMG]blob:https://imgur.com/0da36f6d-1e8c-4ec1-ba2f-6080dac5eece[/IMG]

Bug number 2, general I Recruited from a town has retinue he should not have based on his culture:
    [IMG]blob:https://imgur.com/206aacf7-1fc6-4058-9eaa-fa20d6bb65da[/IMG]
    Can not see the pictures

Thanks for the help , Gaiten

My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    Will check this. Gold Edition could be the reason.
    BTW has you activated the script?
    Better not to do this, because script is quite unstable.

What armies did did you have fought each other in your campaign?
    As already mentioned, the scripts are unstable, do not work correctly, is there any way to make them work normally?

Each time I start a campaign and activate the scripts, when the shift changes, it closes and does not start (when it is not active, the mod works). The routes are good for immersion, instead of 2 shifts per year (1 summer and 1 winter), the routes are 4 shifts (2 summers and 2 winters), historical events, etc. They are ideal for you to enjoy the years in an ideal way.

Is there a patch or something to fix this problem? I like playing with scripts and I don't want to give up on them ...
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links

The final sprite for the Jund Mudajjajjun Spearmen seem to be missing for me. If the camera is too far away they turn invisible.

I also noticed a small copy error in the The Kushano-Kidarites flavor text. "After following decades after the death of Shapur II and the slow waning of central power of the Sassanians the Kidarites took advantage of." doesn't quite make sense. You could reword it to something like "The Kidarites took advantage of the slowly waning central power of the Sassanians in the decades following the death of Shapur II."

Also some appreciation:

I wanted to try a Sassanid campaign but I found the one in BI really boring and easy — all there is to do in that campaign is immediately blitz ERE, who it turns out are pushovers. I've only just started IBRR but I'm really liking its Sassanid campaign so far. Sassanids are surrounded by enemies, and they've got this huge sprawling empire that is powerful but also unwieldy. I like the early feel of that campaign. I enjoy the building art and flavor text, and the detail on the unit designs are fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronp View Post
    The final sprite for the Jund Mudajjajjun Spearmen seem to be missing for me. If the camera is too far away they turn invisible.

I also noticed a small copy error in the The Kushano-Kidarites flavor text. "After following decades after the death of Shapur II and the slow waning of central power of the Sassanians the Kidarites took advantage of." doesn't quite make sense. You could reword it to something like "The Kidarites took advantage of the slowly waning central power of the Sassanians in the decades following the death of Shapur II."

Also some appreciation:

I wanted to try a Sassanid campaign but I found the one in BI really boring and easy — all there is to do in that campaign is immediately blitz ERE, who it turns out are pushovers. I've only just started IBRR but I'm really liking its Sassanid campaign so far. Sassanids are surrounded by enemies, and they've got this huge sprawling empire that is powerful but also unwieldy. I like the early feel of that campaign. I enjoy the building art and flavor text, and the detail on the unit designs are fantastic.

You will enjoy the Sassanian Campaign.
    I am a great fan of this faction and my researches of 5-6 years have got info the games. Alone or the the complex recruitung wherein you do have many coices but have to take care of the feudal structure was quite time-consuming to develop.

I have been playing a Sassanid campaign since the confinement and I'm indeed having a blast. I especially love all these brief descriptions of the various agnatic clans!
    Anyway, to keep up with the topic, I can also confirm Mudjahideen glitch, which also occurs with the barbarian warband that is recruited by the Hepthalites (those with the "spiral", blue and white shields). Also, the battles happening east of the Indus river seem a bit unstable. They usually load up fine, but sometimes the game might crush to desktop. I'm not sure if whether the map or my army is responsible for the hiccups. That being said, the mod is one of the most polished I have ever played, better than even the vanilla.
    Finally, the last thing probably concerns an engine limitation. Naqš-e Rostam should normally be in Persis, but, in the game, it is located on the western bank of the Euphrates, in the Arab province of Hira. Naqš-e Rostam has been added in the place of the Babylonian Gardens, so I suppose the problem here lies with the fact that wonders cannot be moved.

hey im using this mod with great joy,but i have an issue when i play with the huns ,issue is as you know attila and bleda starting the game as child and childs in family tree becomes generals when they re 16 or 18(i cant remember right now the exact age) but in my campaign attila and bleda grow up to 30 without becoming generals and they re still seem child in family tree so i cant use them i havent see an issue like this on threads,is there a solution for this problem ? thanks

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast