Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: - Report Bugs & Errors -

Default Re: - Report Bugs & Errors -

Playing with the Suebians. They are all Nicene, despite being Arian heretics, which messes up with provincial conversion. Furthermore, going Arian seems to have very little benefits. Their temples are cheaper and quicker to build, but other than that, you are objectively better off going Nicene.

They also acquired Eran Amargar and Vazaarbad ancs. I think they are not correctly assigned to the Barbarian cultural group.

Edit: I forgot to mention, Arianism is missing it's interface icon. Either that or it's corrupted.
    Last edited by RodriguesSting; February 03, 2021 at 11:45 PM.

No matter what faction I pick, whenever it's the rebels turn, the game crashes, always, in the first turn. How can I change that?

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

test, not to activate the script.

I also have the same problem, when I do not activate script everything is working fine. What is the script for anyways? Is it necessary?
    Hello. Today we are gathered here to do battle. Regretable, isn't it? but sometimes, you know, life is like that. You have to do something that you don't want to do, just because someone is telling you to do it. I didn't want to be here myself, but then my mother told me that I'd better make a reasonable show of it all, so here we go then...
    Today we fight against monsters - the Gauls! They are dangerous, mad and hairy beyond reason. In victory, they are always heartless.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitore View Post
    No matter what faction I pick, whenever it's the rebels turn, the game crashes, always, in the first turn.
    Same here. Thought having the folders of SAI and RO might cause that, but even with those gone, game "cleaned"(aka validating via steam), no saves, still it crashes.
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

Hello

I unfortunately get CTDs very often when fighting with the Western Roman Empire against the Eastern Romans and against local Roman rebels in Gaul. Always CTD in battle loading screen. Every attempt ends with a CTD. There must be something wrong with the units from the Eastern Romans and Rebels?

I would like to play IBRR with script. It is said that the script does not work well, ... but it should be possible? The game with script from the beginning always crashes when the rebels take their turn.

Yes, the script is very unstable, you should ignore it completely. Never click on the advisor. As for the battle crush, the elite Roman archers always cause problems, but my patch is supposed to fix that. Have you downloaded the file? It's save-game compatible. If that still doesn't work, then can you post a screenshot of the army composition and upload the save file, so that I can test it myself?

thank you. it works.
    What would have to be done to have a stable version with full script? It would be a completely different game experience if historical events are brought into the game through the script.

No problem. Unfortunately, I have no idea what's the problem with the script. I'm not a member of the modding team. I only made that small patch to fix the battle crush, because the solution was simple. Scripts are way beyond my abilities.

ok thanks.

I have more points that could be changed.

Unfortunately the formation "Schildtron" does not work. It is supposed to be good against cavalry. In vanilla it is. In IBRR I can destroy a shieldtron with any cavalry with almost no losses.

The second thing is that every Comitatensis unit has had pila or other javelins. Unfortunately, that is not included in the game.

There is also a bug when in fight with romans against Ostrogoths.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (1).png  

I can't help with the rest, but the Ostrogoth bug is supposed to be fixed by my patch. You can download the attached file and copy-paste it to the data folder of the IBR mod.
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks!

Icon5 Re: - Report Bugs & Errors -

[CONTENTBOX][/CONTENTBOX]
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    I can't help with the rest, but the Ostrogoth bug is supposed to be fixed by my patch. You can download the attached file and copy-paste it to the data folder of the IBR mod.
    Hello man, i have the same problem, i already downloaded the file but the bug keep going show up...
    You have any suggestion =?

Well that's weird, if you downloaded the file in the correct place (the mod's data folder), it should work like a charm. If the bug persists, upload the save file, so that I'll try it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    Well that's weird, if you downloaded the file in the correct place (the mod's data folder), it should work like a charm. If the bug persists, upload the save file, so that I'll try it myself.
    Sorry for the late response, i had not check the forum... And yes, copy and paste the fixed patch in the mod folder (IBRR/data). I can't upload the save file, i believe for the format, sorry, are know not change the format file. the add file option tells me .sav: Invalid File.

Quote Originally Posted by towerhell View Post
    Sorry for the late response, i had not check the forum... And yes, copy and paste the fixed patch in the mod folder (IBRR/data). I can't upload the save file, i believe for the format, sorry, are know not change the format file. the add file option tells me .sav: Invalid File.
    No worries mate. To upload a save file, go to "advanced reply" and select the "attachments" option. Then click on "Add files" and check the save file (located in the "saves" folder of the mod). Then click "upload" and once the file has been added to the bar below titled "Attachments", just press the "Done" button. If everything works, the save file should be attached to your reply.

Good evening,
    I report a bug: it’s an error loading the battle. The game crashes with the following message:

Generic error:
    Failed to find texture
    “ibrr/data/models_unit/textures/gaiiden_unit_datoyan_asavaran_lancer_D.tif”.

There are no .tif files in that folder: just .DDS files. Anyway, I have already found the unit that causes the game crash (disbanding it before the battle). Its name is: “Greuthungi Cnihte” and it’s a mercenary unit recruited by my (Slavic) General. It’s a Gothic heavy cavalry (lancers) unit and I repeat that it’s a mercenary unit. About this unit, I add that also the UI of the unit is missing after hiring it.
    I play the steam version of RTW. Thanks for the attention.

An update about the bug I have reported: also the regular unit has this problem (therefore not only the mercenary unit). I have encountered an AI Army of Ostrogoths with this unit inside it: the result is the same kind of crash with the same message. It's an annoying bug because "auto-solve battle" means losing battles and, in this specific case, it also means losing a settlement (of course, I can't disband an AI unit to avoid that the game crashes).
    Last edited by MarcoAurelio82; May 04, 2022 at 10:01 PM.

Yes, there is no distinction between mercenaries and regularly recruited units. The bug is well-known (it also occurs with the Roman elite archers), but it's supposed to be fixed by the patch linked in the original post of the installation thread. If that solution still doesn't work, you can upload your save file here (follow the instructions included in my previous comment), so that I can try to correct it on my own.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast