Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: - Report Bugs & Errors -

Default Re: - Report Bugs & Errors -

Winter 529 AD bug-save

Here I attach the bug save about the constant crush reported in my previous comment
    : simply ends turn and auto-resolve or flee from the 2-4 battles that are present in the IA turn. The game will crash in free people turn, as I have already reported (more details about this bug are in my previous comment). I hope someone can help.

More bugs report:

Crush bug identical to the Ostrogoths gothic bug I have already reported (no save)

Do you rember the Ostrogoths Cavalry bug I have reported that involves (at 99%) only the mercenary version of this unit? I have found an identical bug with another unit and it’s at 100% tested that it regards only the mercenary version of this unit. The unit it’s “Abasgian Warriors”, and this is the error message:

Generic error:
    Failed to find texture
    “ibrr/data/models_unit/textures/gaiiten_unit_frisii_noble_D2.tif”.

Now: for me that I have this bug (the user that has helped me it doesn’t have it) the best solution it’s not to add every single faction for this unit in descr_model_battle file, but simply to erase it from mercenary pool: the Ostrogoths lancers are available only in five regions; this one I don’t have checked, but for sure It’s not a great loss.

Crush bug generic report (probably identical to the other two I have reported) :

Two weeks ago I was in Spain (playing with Slavs) with a bribed small army to finish a Huns Horde. And I have found the same bug crush playing against a Vandals army with inside it a cavalry unit of Lancers. For some reasons I don’t have saved its name (I don't rember the why), but it's higly probable that it's again a mercenary unit, and it has the following characteristics:
    - Eagles inspires troops
    - Bonus fighting cavalry
    - combat bonus in snow
    - excellent morale
    - can form wedge
    - my charge without orders
    - powerful charge
    As experience it was double silver, with these stats: attack 15, charge 18, defense 43 (I repeat: not a basic unit: double silver).

Minor bugs:
    - Playing with Slavs (and probably with other barbarian factions, but I don't know) the “Weaponsmith” (the evolution of “blacksmith”) has a graphic bug: the right image is showed only in “constructions available” slot of a city: if you select it, in every other occasion will be showed with the “building description” version of this building image.
    Very probably, an identical problem is present for an archery field, a Romanized-German version of it, but I don’t have deeply checked this one because currently I don’t play with that faction (I have just seen it inside a city).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MarcoAurelio82; May 31, 2022 at 11:06 AM.

Update about the bug of the save that I have attached:

Surprisingly I have resolved activating the script before ending the turn: I had tried many attempts more logical than this before to do this, so it was just a "desperate attempt" (Lol). I say this, because activating the script in the first turn of the campaign it results in a constant crash bug in the AI turn. So, after having realized this, I had never touched the script button again. And now the script button has resolved the bug: I'm sure about this, because I have made a second attempt to make sure it wasn't random.

Now I'm a bit in trouble (Lol), because I don't know if to activate the script again or not: usually there are a good number of battles during the IA turn, so it means to lose a lot of time if I do the wrong choice. Someone has had a similar experience about the script button in late campaign games? You suggest me to use it, or not?
    Last edited by MarcoAurelio82; May 31, 2022 at 03:04 PM.

A new update about the bug of the save

I have noticed only now that the year have been reset to 470 AD (maybe 469 AD, considering it has passed at least one turn from the "bug fix" solution). I suspect that this fact will influence family members coming on age and more in general the age of all family members. Considering the fact that the game works in this case, I wonder if the bug crush was caused by two family members that were coming on age in relation to the good number of generals I have created: maybe there is a "hidden limit" about them in the game.

EDIT
    Mathematically speaking, I really think that the reset to 470 AD is due to 4 turn per years script (if present). It was the 529 AD when the bug happens, in new turn probably 530 AD without the bug crash. The game starts in 410 AD, so:

530-410 =120 years (passed)
    120 (years) x 2 (turns per years) = 240 turns played in a 2 turns per year game.
    240:4= 60 (potentially) years played in 4 turns per year game.
    410+60 = 470 AD (with the activation of the script).

P.S.
    In theory there is a console command to change the year, but it works no more.

EDIT 2 - NEW UPDATE ABOUT MY CAMPAIGN (in relation to the bug I have reported)
    - "Coming on age" of family members works, so is not affected to the return back to 470 AD (from 529 AD). I have also recruited new generals without problems. Only family tree info about born-dead dates of family members remain of course "weird", but sure it's not a problem about the gameplay.
    - I have continued without to activate the script: so I play with 2 turns per years.

Considering the first point that I have reported, family members were not the cause of the constant crash in 529 AD (I report also these kind of feedback because can be useful for the modders and for other players that have or will have similar bug crash problems).
    Last edited by MarcoAurelio82; June 02, 2022 at 07:43 AM.

I consider my campaign with Slavs virtually finished (maybe I will continue anyway, maybe not). You can see the final result in the image I have attached. I have had no more game crashes during IA turn (excellent!).

I report some new bugs:

The Mercenary unit game breaking bug (it’s like the old ones I have already reported)
    :
    First of all, now I’m totally sure that it’s thing that it regards only the mercenary version of these units, because I have fought against the regular version of them without problems. Moreover, I’m inclined to think that it’s a bug present only in steam version of the game (only a user have posted here about this fact and he has a “particular installation”, but not the steam version) : just an hypothesis, of course. Finally, they are easily recognizable because all (are almost all) have showed in the strategic map with the default basic UI (the farmer with knife UI); instead, the regular version of them have the correct UI (and they works, as I have already said). That said, here the new bug reports about this bug:

- Abasgian Warriors
    - Transoxanian Tribal Spearmen

I repeat again: only the mercenary version of these units.
    I have recruited mercenaries in all the provinces I have reached (please see the .jpg I have attached), so I have reached the great part of provinces (only two in the west North Africa and none of them in far east, but all the others yes) : of course, there is the possibility that there are stil one or more units about this bug.
    As I have already written, the best solution (for sure the quickest waiting a patch) is to erase the mercenary units that are problematic from the mercenary pool (therefore, from the regions where they are available).
    A curiosity: I have created the two protectorates offering them 1 milion of Mnai each one (the number of provinces they had in that moment it’s the same that you can see in the picture attached).

The unit zoom out bug:
    The following units “disappear” (they are not visible) when you zoom out the battlefield during a battle. They are visibile only if the zoom is very close:

- Pâyghan-î-Gûnd-î-Chôsrôy
    - Pâyghan-î-Vûzûrgân-î-Spândîyâdh

I have recruited them as mercenary units, but I suppose and I suspect that it’s the same with the regular version of these units.

Minor bugs (about buildings) :

- An obscured (therefore not selectable) “to do” building that should not be even showed

Playing with Slavs, in Poetovia city (and only there) is present a “Tillage” in the building “to do” list, but it’s “obscured”, so it’s not selectable for the construction queue and this is a correct thing, because it’s already present a (barbarian) crop rotation.
    I have had a similar “problem” (even if it’s not a real problem) in a city in the middle east, but I have resolved demolishing the building already “upgraded” related to the obscured one. So two considerations: 1) In the eastern city the building was destructible while in Poetovia crop rotation (of course) is indestructible, so it was not possible to correct there; 2) The upgraded building in the eastern city was damaged (like many others) after an auto-resolve siege battle. Maybe it has happened the same thing in Poetovia (I don’t remember). I mean that I don’t know if it’s a modder minor error or a random and rare minor bug due to the damaged buildings after a siege.

- “Cavalry Stables” that should not be buildable playing with Slavs

As you can see in the picture I have attached, I don’t have conquered all the eastern cities, so it’s possible that this minor bug is present in some other cities. Anyway, for now is present in the following cities:

- Nasîbîn
    - Nôd-Ardaxsîr
    - Al-Hirah
    - Âmol

Playing with Slavs, the maximum upgrade for this building is “Horse Breeding”.

Corrections for the modders

Pâyghan-î-gund-î-Bâvând missing description unit
    Note: this error is not the same of the Scirii Spearmen that I have already reported in past: in this case, the correction is the following:
    Inside “text” folder open “export_units” and change from:
    “{payghan_bavand_descr} This unit can only be recruited in Bukhara.\n\ Pâyghan-î-gund-î-Bâvând are” (Note: the description of course it continues)
    To:
    “{payghan_bavand_descr} This unit can only be recruited in Bukhara.\n\nPâyghan-î-gund-î-Bâvând are”

In other words, the correction is: “\n\n” (without a space after this). I have already verified that it works.

City name corrections:

“Antioch” - “Antiochia”, or “Antiochia ad Orontem” if you prefer (because the city name it’s in English while all other roman cities are in Latin).

“Urganj” - “Gurganj”
    (“Urganj” it’s too recent; “Gurganj” is more old, but I really don’t know if it was already used in late roman period: for sure it’s more old, so more correct, than “Urganj”)

Region names suggestion:
    There are Khwarazm and Khwârâzm regions: it’s the same region (like it happens with Lusitania that I have already reported) with different accents. I suggest the following change:

{Khwarazm} Gharb Khwârâzm
    {Choresm_II} Sharq Khwârâzm

In Persian (for sure in Arab, I hope in Persian, Lol) it should mean: “Western Khwarazm” and “Eastern Khwarazm”. This is not only related to region location on the strategic map: it’s also something about the Oxus river. In fact, in the strategic map one region is located on the west bank of this river (the region with the Urganj city, that I suggest to correct in Gurganj), the other one on the east bank of it (the region with Kât city).

EDIT
    I report another small bug easy to fix:
    Sarmatian Argaragantes (a mercenary cavalry lancers unit, but I suppose that it's the same for the regular unit, if it exists), has the ability: "Can form Cantabrian circle", but it's not a cavalry archer/skirmisher unit, so the ability it's useless for it and should be removed from this unit.
    Last edited by MarcoAurelio82; July 07, 2022 at 01:05 PM.

General Update

- I have resolved the mercenary units bug without “weird solutions”. Simply, in the “export_descr_units” file these units were without the feauture “mercenary_unit” and this fact caused the game crashes. Moreover, also the UI of these units (as mercenary units) were missing, so I have fixed also them.

- I have also fixed a general ”mess up”about the following units: Horde Gothic Cnihte, Gothic Cnihte, Greutungi Cnihte and Greuthungi Cnihte mercenary version: it’s long to explain, but there was a problem of homonymy (coders names vs dictionary names) that messed up in some way something of each one of these units bringing confusion between them: now they are fixed.

- A good number of minor bugs I have reported have been fixed: the “enormous” buildings; units descriptions and few others.

- I have also fixed/updated city and region names: about Caesarea Mazaca and Caesarea Maritima it’s mandatory to act inside more files (with attention) in order to get them to work with their different and right names and, at the same, preserving the stability of the game, but I have done it: they are fixed.

- I have no problems to open .cas files: if someone have suggestions to where to search/watch in order to correct the two units that disappears zooming out the view of the battlefield, I will try to fix also them. To know what to search/watch it will save time, if I will decide to try to fix them. It’s also possible that I will decide to upload here the files with my corrections, as unofficial patch.

Thanks for the attention.

P.S
    Some of these bug fixes require to start a new game, therefore they are not savegame compatible (not for an approximate work on them: it's a necessary thing because in the savegame files they are stored some old settings of the files that I have modified).

EDIT - Update 2

Trasoxanian Tribal Spearmen and Yemeny Warriors have a conflict problem: they share the same "soldier model" and this means a big conflict about textures. They should be two differents models (it's not possible to add one because the maximum of the model units has been already reached by modders: there aren't unused entries in "descr_model_battle" file, as far as I know) and this means chaos about textures in mercenary or recruiting mode about various factions, depending how has been set. Analyzing them, the situation is:

Merc unit:
    Yemeni warriors: 2 provinces (one of them not totally realistic)
    Transoxanian Tribal Spearmen: 5 provinces

So I have opted for the Transoxanian Tribal Spearmen as mercenary unit, deleting the Yemeni Warriors mercenary unit due to the the texture conflict: they are really two completely different units.

Slave faction (rebels) : always for the "texture" problem and considering that Yemen is out of the strategic map, I have opted to keep the Slave faction ownership only for the Transoxanian Tribal Spearmen (Transoxanian Tribal Spearmen and Yemeny Warriors are correctly different units in "export_descr_unit" file, but they are the same kind of model with totally different textures in "descr_model_battle" file. This a very common thing to do, but almost always only if units are very similar, therefore only if they are slightly different versions of the same unit, even more so if they are used as mercenary units.).

Recruiting matter:

- Transoxanian Tribal Spearmen : as made in game settings, only Hephthalites (a nomad faction) can recruit them in a specific region and this is remained in this way.
    - Yemeni Warriors: as made in game settings, only Arabs and eastern factions can recruit this unit in Muscat and this is remained in this way.

Anyway it's just a workaround (in my opinion the best compromise). The best solution (not praticable, as I have said) is to duplicate the model of this unit and set all the "arab textures" only for the Yemeni Warriors unit and all the "Steppe textures" only for the Tribal Transoxanian Spearmen unit. If someone knows if there are unused entries in "descr_model_battle" file, I would glad to know it.
    Last edited by MarcoAurelio82; July 10, 2022 at 08:43 AM.

NEW UPDATE

Together with my recent burg reports (and some new ones not present here) I'm also fixing a good number of things present in my old bug reports about my Kushano-Kidarites campaign (a campaign I have played two years ago or so). Here what I have done until now (about both old and recent bugs) :

- Regions borders of two regions reworked: Farghana region and Tribus_Saxones regions have been reworked in order to be more small:
    1) Farghana region has been cut in the (useless and not historical) north part of it and expanded to west in order to include the entire valley;
    2) Tribus_Saxones regions now is only Denmark and a very small part of the south of Scandinavia peninsula.
    For both regions, terrain lost is now part of “Terra_incognita” region.

- Added two Slave (Saxon) armies in the Scandinavian part (the big part of it) that now is Terra Incognita.

- Building corrections:
    1) No more Roman walls in: Campus Dahae, Campus Sakae and Kashgar. Now they have the mud break walls or wooden palisade of their culture.
    2) Corrected Carpi Cnihte that was no more available for Alemanni, upgrading the related cavalry building to level 3. In the level 2 cavalry building they were there, so it was strange that they were available no more in the level 3 building: I have fixed it.
    3) Fixed the barbarian “Weaponsmith” graphic bug.
    4) Fixed the Romanized-German “Archer field” graphic bug.
    5) Fixed Eastern “Spice market” graphic bug in Barbarikon.
    6) Corrected a wrong exchange between level 2 and level 3 barracks about war elephants.
    7) Reworked/corrected level 3 cavalry building for all no-romans and no-eastern factions. Library is not available for those factions and this fact means that there is the possibility to build cavalry building level 3 in very few cities (for those factions). Therefore, there was a conflict with a weird result: conquering foreign settlements more "civilized", I.E. roman or eastern settlements, in some of those cities all the “few civilized” factions can have access to their best cavalry units, while in their former and ancient lands often not (a weird result, as I have said: I have fixed it). This fixing includes the problem about Slavs level 3 cavalry building that I had reported (considering it in the wrong perspective when I have reported it)
    8) Corrected level 3 health building for some barbarian and all German-Romanized factions that can build it. The same problem as above: barbarians can’t build library, so Roman bath was not available for barbarian factions that in theory (in the tech tree) can build it, if they are not in a Roman or Eastern city with a library building already built. Now the construction of Barbarian Roman bath requires a tavern building.
    9) Hepthalite faction related:
    9.1 Fixed the duplicate Levies, Hephthalite Tarqhan Horse Archers and Hunnic Chosen Armoured Archers (new name of a wrong unit name and description about heavy lancers) on the same building info (about units available; it was visibile two or more times on the same building).
    9.2 Corrected the duplicate of Steppe Spearmen, Hephthalite Tribal Cavalry and Hephthalite Tarqhan Lancers on two different buildings (about units available; it has no sense that two different buildings give the recruitment of the same unit).
    9.3 Removed Hephthalite Nuker (General bodyguard) from Governor building level 4 (now it’s available only in Governor Level 5 building).
    9.4 Corrected some unit type and unit description and other minor bugs about the units of this faction.
    10) Slavs faction related (in my campaign I have played with this faction) :
    10.1 Archers and slingers have been relocated in archer building to give more sense to these buildings and because for the barbarian factions it has been made in this way.
    10.2 This is not a bug or a minor bug correction, just a secondary adjustment. Tribal Warband the best “basic” (not veteran) unit of this (very weak) faction, has been relocated to the Core building level 3 (governor building), in order to give sense to it about recruiting (all the other medium units are available in the level 2 of the core building) and because it’s the only medium unit that I have used a good number of time for this faction.
    10.3 Corrected a problem with cavalry building upgrade for Slavs in Campus Latgalia, that in other terms it's a general problem: I don't think that trade horses is a good idea in order to have cavalry buildings disposable: trade horses should be for other purposes (personal usage; fields work etc. so in the game just a source of money), because for war purposes they were always acquired/disposable in that age; it's instead a good idea for camels and elephants (of course). This kind of problem is not showed often because a good number of regions have cavalry buildings already built, but if a user destroy them? No more cavalry available, and anyway no upgrade for them (if horses are not present in that region as trade resource, or acquired via trade from a border region).

- The following mercenary units have been fixed in more aspects (graphic and setting):
    1) Greutungi Cnihte
    2) Abasgian Warrior
    3) Transoxanian Tribal Spearmen

- Corrected a deep conflict (more aspects) between Transoxanian Tribal Spearmen and Yemeni Warrior units, both mercenary and regular version of them (it depends from the faction considered).

- Fixed a setting conflict problem with the following units: Horde Gothic Cnihte, Gothic Cnihte, Greutungi Cnihte and Greuthungi Cnihte mercenary version.

- Corrected "Scirii Spearmen" "unlocated text placement".

- Fixed Pâyghan-î-gund-î-Bâvând missing description unit.

- Fixed Sarmatian Argaragantes unit wrong ability: no more Cantabrian circle for this unit.

- Corrected some minor things in setting and text files of the units (Example: from “Tribal Horse” to “Tribal Horsemen” for a Frank cavalry unit; some typos, unit tipe missile instead of heavy etc.).

- Here the cities/regions name corrections made in these days that I had already reported as suggestions:
    Premise: reporting here the cities, I always use the name chosen or modded of it (sometime is like the original, sometime not) and then I report the change of the name I have done. Instead, for the regions, I use the orginal coded name (in fact is reported in curly brackets) and then I report the change of name that I have done.
    1)Cities:
    Aureliani - Aurelia
    Arleate - Arelate
    Salamantica - Salmantica
    Caesarea - Caesarea Mazaca
    Caesarea - Caesarea Maritima
    Rome - Roma
    Antioch - Antiochia
    Urganj - Gurganj

2)Regions:
    {Lusitania} - Lusitania Interior
    {Lusitania_III} - Lusitania Superior
    {Khwarazm} - Gharb Khwârâzm
    {Choresm_II} - Sharq Khwârâzm

- Here the more recent cities/regions name corrections:
    Premise: I don’t have planned to change the cities position, so my corrections involve only the more evident errors.
    Example: the real city of Chach (today Tashkent), pulling in line on a real map, it’s almost in line with Gurganj and Kat cities, while Kashgar is far east, at south-east of Farghana region. Moreover, Chach is absolutely inside the Jaxartes area, at east of this river. So the current position of Chach is totally wrong; and Jaxarta is a city name that I don’t have found anywhere. I have checked this aspect because what seems to me really wrong was Gandhara region + Chach city (both very wrong, in particular together).
    That said here my corrections:
    1)Cities:
    Jaxarta - Chach
    Chach - Dušanbe
    Kavûl - Kaoufu *
    Taksasila - Butkara
    Sakala - Taksasila
    Terra Incognita - Campus Barbaricum **

* Today is Zhob city. It's not exactly the real settlement position, but it’s really, absolutely a better choice than Kabul, considering the real Kabul city position.
    ** A very minor change just in case the user uses the console command “toggle_fow”. It’s a Slave settlement not reachable to preserve the stability of the game.

2) Regions:
    {Scythia} - Thracia Secunda
    {Thracia_Secunda} - Scythia Minor
    {Dragiana} - Drangiana
    {Kushana_Inferior} - Turan
    {Hindustan} - Kushanshar *
    {Kushana_Superior} - Gandhara
    {Gandhara} - Sakas **

* Kushanshar must be located between Peshawar and Kabul, this is the real position of this area; in a more generic way, the entire area of the “central far east” in the stratmap, including Gandhara region, was called in this way as a big Sassanid province, but later in history: in fact, in the mod the entire area is not a Sassanid province, but a Kushano-Kidarites territory and, in this case, the term “Kushanshar” is more adapted for their entire reign (for what I have understood). This is the why I think is more correct my solution, also because “Hindustan” it seems to me a vey recent term (but maybe I’m wrong) that it regards a very big area of current India.
    ** Historically speaking it’s a more old name, like it has been done for few other eastern provinces already present in the mod, but there is literally nothing in that area (the west part of this region is the eastern part of Soghdiana), and Gandhara is located more south, not there. Moreover, sometime older names resist in the “common language” even centuries.

Next steps:

- To fix barbarian and German-Romanized recruitment (the same units in different buildings), including the missing General Unit recruit (the one similar to family members) for some of this factions, missing UI and bug fixing (for example a Vandals cavalry unit that I had a already reported and that I have now identified), units missing (for example Tribal Levy spearmen for the Suevi) etc. This is a good amount of work: it will not be a “refined” work about the distribution of these units between barracks and the core buildings: I will respect modders choice and I will made only corrections.
    - Minor bug fixing for Persian units duplicate entries in some recruitment buildings.
    - Other minor bug fixing in my list.
    - Update victory/lose images (the fmv) and the in-game maps of every faction.

Missing sprite bug info:

Here the units that remain visible only at short distance. Zoom is involved because involves distance, but also moving away with arrows (no matter the zoom) this bug happens. Moreover, I have tested that it's not a problem of units detail in preferences file.

1) Model unit:
    arab-elite-spear_payghan-spandiyah
    Soldiers involved:
    - Pâyghan-î-Vûzûrgân-î-Spândîyâdh (bug)
    - Jund Mudajjajjun Spearmen (bug confirmed in past by another user)

2) Model unit:
    andraplakan_paduspan_payghan_vandal-scara
    Soldiers involved:
    - Pâyghan-î-Vûzûrgân-î-Kârên-î-Pâhlâv (bug)
    - Pâyghân-î-gund-î-Pâdûspân (bug)
    - Vandal Scara (it works)

3) Model unit:
    Eastern_two_handed_sword
    Soldiers involved:
    - Pâyghan-î-Gûnd-î-Chôsrôy (bug)
    - Pâyghan-î-gund-î-Vaspûhragân-î-Ârrânsâhr (it works)

4) Model unit:
    barbarian_lance_axe_general
    It' a very generic tribal spear warband for many factions.
    Sprites involved in the bug:
    - Alan, Hun, and Hephthalite versions of this unit (because it's the same sprite for all the three units).

5) Model unit:
    spear_warband
    Another very generic Spearmen unit used by many factions.
    - Hephthalite version of this unit.

About the sprites work, I have the Steam version of the game, so is not so easy for me to create/modify .dds and/or .spr files. A hand about this matter is (of course) welcome.
    Last edited by MarcoAurelio82; July 15, 2022 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoAurelio82 View Post
    NEW UPDATE

Together with my recent burg reports (and some new ones not present here) I'm also fixing a good number of things present in my old bug reports about my Kushano-Kidarites campaign (a campaign I have played two years ago or so). Here what I have done until now (about both old and recent bugs) :

- Regions borders of two regions reworked: Farghana region and Tribus_Saxones regions have been reworked in order to be more small:
    1) Farghana region has been cut in the (useless and not historical) north part of it and expanded to west in order to include the entire valley;
    2) Tribus_Saxones regions now is only Denmark and a very small part of the south of Scandinavia peninsula.
    For both regions, terrain lost is now part of “Terra_incognita” region.

- Added two Slave (Saxon) armies in the Scandinavian part (the big part of it) that now is Terra Incognita.

- Building corrections:
    1) No more Roman walls in: Campus Dahae, Campus Sakae and Kashgar. Now they have the mud break walls or wooden palisade of their culture.
    2) Corrected Carpi Cnihte that was no more available for Alemanni, upgrading the related cavalry building to level 3. In the level 2 cavalry building they were there, so it was strange that they were available no more in the level 3 building: I have fixed it.
    3) Fixed the barbarian “Weaponsmith” graphic bug.
    4) Fixed the Romanized-German “Archer field” graphic bug.
    5) Fixed Eastern “Spice market” graphic bug in Barbarikon.
    6) Corrected a wrong exchange between level 2 and level 3 barracks about war elephants.
    7) Reworked/corrected level 3 cavalry building for all no-romans and no-eastern factions. Library is not available for those factions and this fact means that there is the possibility to build cavalry building level 3 in very few cities (for those factions). Therefore, there was a conflict with a weird result: conquering foreign settlements more "civilized", I.E. roman or eastern settlements, in some of those cities all the “few civilized” factions can have access to their best cavalry units, while in their former and ancient lands often not (a weird result, as I have said: I have fixed it). This fixing includes the problem about Slavs level 3 cavalry building that I had reported (considering it in the wrong perspective when I have reported it)
    8) Corrected level 3 health building for some barbarian and all German-Romanized factions that can build it. The same problem as above: barbarians can’t build library, so Roman bath was not available for barbarian factions that in theory (in the tech tree) can build it, if they are not in a Roman or Eastern city with a library building already built. Now the construction of Barbarian Roman bath requires a tavern building.
    9) Hepthalite faction related:
    9.1 Fixed the duplicate Levies, Hephthalite Tarqhan Horse Archers and Hunnic Chosen Armoured Archers (new name of a wrong unit name and description about heavy lancers) on the same building info (about units available; it was visibile two or more times on the same building).
    9.2 Corrected the duplicate of Steppe Spearmen, Hephthalite Tribal Cavalry and Hephthalite Tarqhan Lancers on two different buildings (about units available; it has no sense that two different buildings give the recruitment of the same unit).
    9.3 Removed Hephthalite Nuker (General bodyguard) from Governor building level 4 (now it’s available only in Governor Level 5 building).
    9.4 Corrected some unit type and unit description and other minor bugs about the units of this faction.
    10) Slavs faction related (in my campaign I have played with this faction) :
    10.1 Archers and slingers have been relocated in archer building to give more sense to these buildings and because for the barbarian factions it has been made in this way.
    10.2 This is not a bug or a minor bug correction, just a secondary adjustment. Tribal Warband the best “basic” (not veteran) unit of this (very weak) faction, has been relocated to the Core building level 3 (governor building), in order to give sense to it about recruiting (all the other medium units are available in the level 2 of the core building) and because it’s the only medium unit that I have used a good number of time for this faction.
    10.3 Corrected a problem with cavalry building upgrade for Slavs in Campus Latgalia, that in other terms it's a general problem: I don't think that trade horses is a good idea in order to have cavalry buildings disposable: trade horses should be for other purposes (personal usage; fields work etc. so in the game just a source of money), because for war purposes they were always acquired/disposable in that age; it's instead a good idea for camels and elephants (of course). This kind of problem is not showed often because a good number of regions have cavalry buildings already built, but if a user destroy them? No more cavalry available, and anyway no upgrade for them (if horses are not present in that region as trade resource, or acquired via trade from a border region).

- The following mercenary units have been fixed in more aspects (graphic and setting):
    1) Greutungi Cnihte
    2) Abasgian Warrior
    3) Transoxanian Tribal Spearmen

- Corrected a deep conflict (more aspects) between Transoxanian Tribal Spearmen and Yemeni Warrior units, both mercenary and regular version of them (it depends from the faction considered).

- Fixed a setting conflict problem with the following units: Horde Gothic Cnihte, Gothic Cnihte, Greutungi Cnihte and Greuthungi Cnihte mercenary version.

- Corrected "Scirii Spearmen" "unlocated text placement".

- Fixed Pâyghan-î-gund-î-Bâvând missing description unit.

- Fixed Sarmatian Argaragantes unit wrong ability: no more Cantabrian circle for this unit.

- Corrected some minor things in setting and text files of the units (Example: from “Tribal Horse” to “Tribal Horsemen” for a Frank cavalry unit; some typos, unit tipe missile instead of heavy etc.).

- Here the cities/regions name corrections made in these days that I had already reported as suggestions:
    Premise: reporting here the cities, I always use the name chosen or modded of it (sometime is like the original, sometime not) and then I report the change of the name I have done. Instead, for the regions, I use the orginal coded name (in fact is reported in curly brackets) and then I report the change of name that I have done.
    1)Cities:
    Aureliani - Aurelia
    Arleate - Arelate
    Salamantica - Salmantica
    Caesarea - Caesarea Mazaca
    Caesarea - Caesarea Maritima
    Rome - Roma
    Antioch - Antiochia
    Urganj - Gurganj

2)Regions:
    {Lusitania} - Lusitania Interior
    {Lusitania_III} - Lusitania Superior
    {Khwarazm} - Gharb Khwârâzm
    {Choresm_II} - Sharq Khwârâzm

- Here the more recent cities/regions name corrections:
    Premise: I don’t have planned to change the cities position, so my corrections involve only the more evident errors.
    Example: the real city of Chach (today Tashkent), pulling in line on a real map, it’s almost in line with Gurganj and Kat cities, while Kashgar is far east, at south-east of Farghana region. Moreover, Chach is absolutely inside the Jaxartes area, at east of this river. So the current position of Chach is totally wrong; and Jaxarta is a city name that I don’t have found anywhere. I have checked this aspect because what seems to me really wrong was Gandhara region + Chach city (both very wrong, in particular together).
    That said here my corrections:
    1)Cities:
    Jaxarta - Chach
    Chach - Dušanbe
    Kavûl - Kaoufu *
    Taksasila - Butkara
    Sakala - Taksasila
    Terra Incognita - Campus Barbaricum **

* Today is Zhob city. It's not exactly the real settlement position, but it’s really, absolutely a better choice than Kabul, considering the real Kabul city position.
    ** A very minor change just in case the user uses the console command “toggle_fow”. It’s a Slave settlement not reachable to preserve the stability of the game.

2) Regions:
    {Scythia} - Thracia Secunda
    {Thracia_Secunda} - Scythia Minor
    {Dragiana} - Drangiana
    {Kushana_Inferior} - Turan
    {Hindustan} - Kushanshar *
    {Kushana_Superior} - Gandhara
    {Gandhara} - Sakas **

* Kushanshar must be located between Peshawar and Kabul, this is the real position of this area; in a more generic way, the entire area of the “central far east” in the stratmap, including Gandhara region, was called in this way as a big Sassanid province, but later in history: in fact, in the mod the entire area is not a Sassanid province, but a Kushano-Kidarites territory and, in this case, the term “Kushanshar” is more adapted for their entire reign (for what I have understood). This is the why I think is more correct my solution, also because “Hindustan” it seems to me a vey recent term (but maybe I’m wrong) that it regards a very big area of current India.
    ** Historically speaking it’s a more old name, like it has been done for few other eastern provinces already present in the mod, but there is literally nothing in that area (the west part of this region is the eastern part of Soghdiana), and Gandhara is located more south, not there. Moreover, sometime older names resist in the “common language” even centuries.

Next steps:

- To fix barbarian and German-Romanized recruitment (the same units in different buildings), including the missing General Unit recruit (the one similar to family members) for some of this factions, missing UI and bug fixing (for example a Vandals cavalry unit that I had a already reported and that I have now identified), units missing (for example Tribal Levy spearmen for the Suevi) etc. This is a good amount of work: it will not be a “refined” work about the distribution of these units between barracks and the core buildings: I will respect modders choice and I will made only corrections.
    - Minor bug fixing for Persian units duplicate entries in some recruitment buildings.
    - Other minor bug fixing in my list.
    - Update victory/lose images (the fmv) and the in-game maps of every faction.

Missing sprite bug info:

Here the units that remain visible only at short distance. Zoom is involved because involves distance, but also moving away with arrows (no matter the zoom) this bug happens. Moreover, I have tested that it's not a problem of units detail in preferences file.

1) Model unit:
    arab-elite-spear_payghan-spandiyah
    Soldiers involved:
    - Pâyghan-î-Vûzûrgân-î-Spândîyâdh (bug)
    - Jund Mudajjajjun Spearmen (bug confirmed in past by another user)

2) Model unit:
    andraplakan_paduspan_payghan_vandal-scara
    Soldiers involved:
    - Pâyghan-î-Vûzûrgân-î-Kârên-î-Pâhlâv (bug)
    - Pâyghân-î-gund-î-Pâdûspân (bug)
    - Vandal Scara (it works)

3) Model unit:
    Eastern_two_handed_sword
    Soldiers involved:
    - Pâyghan-î-Gûnd-î-Chôsrôy (bug)
    - Pâyghan-î-gund-î-Vaspûhragân-î-Ârrânsâhr (it works)

4) Model unit:
    barbarian_lance_axe_general
    It' a very generic tribal spear warband for many factions.
    - Alan, Hun, and Hephthalite versions of this unit (because it's the same sprite for all the three units).

5) Model unit:
    spear_warband
    Another very generic Spearmen unit used by many factions.
    - Hephthalite version of this unit.

About the sprites work, I have the Steam version of the game, so is not so easy for me to create/modify .dds and/or .spr files. A hand about this matter is (of course) welcome.
    Good job! It's a bit sad that Gäiten and Joar have simply vanished (RL issues, surely) from the forum to fix and polish the mod, which, after all, took so long to finish.

NEW UPDATE

1) General fixes
    - Fixed campaign map fort, watchtower and advisor, and battle advisor graphics for Nomad factions and Hun faction.
    - Fixed recruiting image of diplomat, spy and assassin for the Ostrogoth faction.
    - Eastern water well image in building construction queue was different from the constructed one, because it was the barbarian Well image: it has been corrected.
    - In both start campaign menu and in the faction summary card while playing, for the following factions, due to a bug, there wasn’t specified which and how many settlements must be controlled to win: Hephthalites, Burgundians, Longobards, Berbers. The problem was in the descr_win_conditions file and it was related only to the Berbers: all the factions positioned after Berbers were afflicted by the same bug. Now is fixed.

2) Reworked/corrected/fixed a good number of recruitment buildings for all factions: core buildings (cities, all building levels), barracks (all building levels), stables (all building levels: a very long work, Lol).
    2.1) Some examples (among many) of the things corrected during this work:
    - Added slingers (one unit) and archers (two units) to the Arab faction.
    - Fixed a Vandals cavalry unit (both graphics and UI text)
    - Added one missing General unit to a barbarian faction.
    Note: often factions can recruit generals only if the horse resource is present in the region or acquired with trading (therefore, present) from other regions: this fact means that if you control very few regions (especially if your faction starting the game controls only one or two regions), there are good possibilities that even inside a good number of level 5 regions user can’t recruit (until trading with borders regions starts) the General unit of the faction.
    2.2) Two examples of my very old bug reports (Kushano-Kidarites campaign) corrected during this days:
    - “In battle map, the cavalry unit Azadan-i-Hyon is marked as missile cavalry, but it hasn’t javelins or bows (it’s a classic heavy cavalry to charge the enemy”. Now is fixed.
    - “In battle map, Khotan Cavalry bow it disappears after every shot, then it reappears (it's replaced by a sword, then replaced by the bow, and so on: it doesn’t work).” Now is fixed.
    2.3) Some info about this work: Romans and Eastern factions have been basically preserved: I have only corrected minor errors. About barbarian factions, the philosophy behind my work is that in the barbarian lands the core buildings recruit the units, while in the other lands (but not everywhere) barracks recruit them (so no more duplicate units). For very few units, this is valid also for the he Huns. About nomad factions and the Huns, core buildings recruits the units more close to the faction, while barracks recruits the auxiliary units. I have also corrected some things about the desert factions (I have already reported some of them).

3) Traits work:
    - Corrected the Persian faction leader bonus (added the text: it was missing only for this ruler).
    - Corrected the duplicate heir for the Armenian (Armenian Heir + Heir to the Throne: the second has been removed).
    - Corrected the duplicate goths (Visigoths ) leader trait (Rex Gothum + Ruler: the second has been removed). Corrected the text description (it was about Vandals) of Rex Gothum. Corrected “Rex Gothum” in “Rex Gothorum”.
    - Removed the duplicate trait “ruler” (Specific faction ruler + Ruler: I have removed the second) for Suevi and Vandals factions (it’s the same thing done for the Goths).
    - Changed Cyning to the related latin term for the Suevi, because “Cyning” means “Goth”, so I don’t think it was correct. Enhanced the description of this trait.
    - Fixed the passage from a faction leader to a new one for some of the new (in the mod) king traits (example: Rex Wandalorum etc.) for all the three Romano-Germanized factions. The problem was that, exactly because they are coded under “Greek” culture, in traits file barbarian was wrong, so I have corrected the setting in this sense.
    - Added Kushano-Kidarites faction leader trait (Kushanshah) and faction heir (“Kushano-Kidarites heir), and added the related script: I have tested that they work both when the traits are acquired by the next leader and heir. Removed Armenian and Persian leader and heir traits from Kushano-Kidarites faction (with a new settings/scripts written in the traits for this faction). Now is totally correct.
    - Corrected religion adoption for Kushano-Kidarties faction (romano_british faction, I.E. the Kushano-kidarites faction, in the traits file was set like the old and real Romano British faction about religion for adoption; also the problem about Leader/heir was linked to this fact).
    - Removed “Khan” from Alans, and with a trait script I have created is still present in the other nomad faction that is similar to Huns: the Hephthalites: so I have preserved it for this faction. It was a dublicate: there was also “King” for the Alan Faction Leader: the barbarian appellative for the kings that is the right one for the Alans faction. I have tested that both Khan and King (the script for the Alans) appellatives work in the right way when there is the passage from a died faction leader to a new one.
    - Removed Rex Gothorum” from Ostrogoths faction: this faction had been coded as barbarian (not German-Romanized) in the mod and at the time of the starting of the mod is right in this way, “King” is the appellative for the barbarian factions (no Latin for barbarian).
    - More in general, for all this work here and there I have added/changed something in the traits script about Leaders and Heirs.

4) Family members work
    A work I have started when I have realized that it was possible to have “hidden faction heir” (when therer is a new Faction Leader) due to the fact that some/many (depending of the faction) family members were set wrong in the family tree (examples: a family member not present as chid in the parents string, or a setting of more than 4 child, when 4 is the limit for every couple), so they were not present in the family tree inside the game. I don’t know what implies about the game, how much can be potentially a big problem, but for sure it’s wrong and a bug. This work had been necessary for about 75% of the factions and basically I have resolved the family members problem in the family trees: now family members are all visible in the family tree of the respective faction.
    A little different work has been made for Romans and Persian faction, because family members are too many and because, at least about Roman factions, I have a good knowledge about them. Therefore, the other ones has become Generals (they are out of the family tree). With the premise that I speak about active family members (16 age or more), the work has been the following:
    - Western Roman Empire: 17 in total: 5 family members and 12 generals (reduced by 5)
    - Eastern Roman Empire: 6 family members and 8 generals (reduced by 1: Arcadius dead in 408 AD now set in the campaign script)
    - Gallo-Romans: 10 in total: 3 family members and 7 generals (reduced by 2). For this faction I have also added the right name and surname of the family members (and I have added the second son of Constantine). I have also added a diplomat and an assassin at the beginning of the campaign, and corrected some traits like Night fighter and Pagan for some Generals of this faction.
    - Persian Empire: 10 in total: 6 family members and 4 generals (reduced of 1)

5) Added “faction destroyed” and “faction win” quick movies for all the 20 factions (something of very basic, just to complete the mod).

6) Buildings:
    - Bazaar (level 4 market) requires crop rotation, but desert factions doesn’t have it. So now it requires blacksmith.

7) Sounds:
    - Changed the Greek culture, I.E. Romano-Germanized culture, from speaking in “roman style” to speaking in the “barbarian style” (in the related files): “Rome has made a conquest!” (or something similar in English: I hear it in my language) is something that is not good to hear in Campaign map about Goths, Vandals and Suevi. More important: all the three Romano-Germanized factions (Goths, Vandals and Suevi) were just in the road of the civilization in 410 AD (so they still were more barbarian than “romanized”, I think). Best option would be Roman voices (for these three factions) without any reference to Rome, but it means to work with sounds a lot.
    - Corrected the sound of Sughdian Warriors (they said: “Triari”, a Roman unit; now they say: “Warriors”).
    - Corrected the sound Aspet Ayrudzi cavalry (they are a Medium/light Cavalry Archer unit that said: ”Cataphrats”; now they are silent, like many other units in the mod and in many other mods: a good choice made in order to not hear wrong unit names).

8) Regions corrections:
    Pontus Polemoniacus - Pontus Polemoniacus et Armenia Mayor
    Sophene et Gentes - Armenia Prima et Armenia Secunda
    Armenia Secunda - Osrhoene
    Osrhoene - Euphratiensis Occidentalis
    Euphratiensis - Euphratiensis Orientalis
    Tribus Langobardi - Locus Langobardi
    Tribus Lombardi - Tribus Langobardi

Former “Sophene et Gentes” region has been reduced removing its South-East strip of land, in order to enlarge a bit “Mesopotamia” region.

City correction:
    Campus Lombardi - Campus Langobardi

9) Other minor changes/corrections. Example: considering that the mod is set 4 turns per year and that and that it can be played 4 turns per year after the first turns (I don’t know how many are necessaries) that result in a crush bug if the main script is activated, I have inserted the written “Summer, Spring or Fall” instead of only “Summer” for the three summer turns.

To do:
    - Check and eventually correct in the remaining recruiting structures: archery, eastern forts, eastern estates, Subjugation structures (German-Romanized factions) and Foederati buildings.
    - the sprite bug (a real work or a workaround). I have noticed that also Hephthalite bodyguards cavalry (the General/Family member cavalry) suffers of this problem. Let me know if you know other units with this problem. And if someone of you wants work on this aspect, is really welcome (they are few units, but I have the steam version of the game, as I have already said, and this fact it doesn’t help this kind of work for reasons that are annoying to explain here).
    - to make the in-game small maps about victory conditions.
    - Add some bonus to Hill forts and Mountain forts for the factions that can build them. Question: they are just cosmetic without bonus, right? I mean: it doesn’t seem to me that they work in a way similar to walls: they seem to me cosmetic without to add bonus.
    - Few minor bugs in my list to fix.

P.S.
    With the premise that it's just an indicative date, my goal is to finish the work for the end of August.
    Last edited by MarcoAurelio82; July 26, 2022 at 09:12 PM.

New Update

1) Fixed the script that caused the game crash activating the “show me” button in the first phase of the game.
    It was not a problem with the sack of Rome script, it was a problem with border/limes troops script: I have discovered this working/testing by exclusion. This script (the border script) is a secondary script: it involved two Gallo-Romans and some Western Roman Empire Generals and the scope it was toh ave these generals (and their troops) to return in their original position evey turn (the “border/limes position of the starting of the game). The script it involved also the Romano-British faction but in this case was totally wrong, because it referred to the original Romano-British faction, not the Kushano-Kidarites, naming a Roman settlement in England, so I have started to remove this one, but crashes still occurred; then I have tried in many ways to correct it and, in the end, I have been obliged to remove it (I repeat: it’s anyway secondary script).
    The testing after this work: the Sack of Rome + Sack of Capua + Move to France scripts for Goths involve no more than 10 turns. I have played with two factions reaching the 15th turn (seeing also the Goths units movements/actions) and I have had only one random crash (that it has been possible to resolve even just reloading the autosave, that usually is the more problematic save, because it can be corrupted by the many overwrites). So, I can say that the problem has been resolved.

2) Reworked and updated the preview campaign maps for 15 factions (the ones in the main campaign screen with the factions to choose). The remaining 5 maps did not require this kind of work.

3) Created the 20 in-game victory conditions maps (therefore, it has been done for all factions)

4) Corrected/updated the victory conditions for all the factions. A typical error I have found it was about the fact that settlements listed were more than the total number of settlements to conquer. I have also consulted historical maps of the various kindoms of every faction, during this work.
    Note: for Eastern Roman Empire and Sassanid factions I have preferred to preserve the layout of interface (that it becomes confused with too many settlements listed), pulling off a few number of settlements (no more than 4-5; together with the updating victory conditions work). It remains anyway valid the total number of settlements to conquer I have set (that is similar to the original one: no revolutions), so they can be easily part of the settlements to conquer, considering their positions on the strategic map.

5) Checked/corrected (when necessary) the remaining recruiting buildings: archery, eastern forts, Roman estates, Eastern estates, subjugation structures (for the German-Romanized factions) and Foederati buildings.

6) Added law bonus (10% and 20%) to Hill fort and Mountain fort for the two factions that can build them.

7) Minor corrections in the text files of the units/buildings.
    I have also added a note about Eastern Estates building functioning (in some regions it’s possible to build only the first two levels of this building), including a notice about the replacement of some units with the passage from level 2 to level 3 of this building.

8) Regions and Cities name correction

Regions name correction:
    Augusta Raurica - Raetia Prima
    Raetia - Raetia Secunda
    Tribus Alanni - Tribus Alani
    Tribus Sabir - Tribus Sabiri
    Vicus Gepidi - Locus Gepidi **
    Vicus Alani - Locus Alani **
    Vicus Siraci - Locus Siraci **
    Vicus Garamantae - Locus Garamantae **
    Moesia - Moesia Prima
    Dardania - Dardania et Dacia Mediterranea***
    Macedonia - Macedonia Prima et Secunda
    Pannonia - Pannonia Prima et Valeria
    Valeria Ripenses - Pannonia Secunda
    Dacia Ripenses - Dacia Ripensis
    Thracia Secunda - Thracia et Haemimontus
    Thracia - Rhodope et Europa
    Dalmatia - Dalmatia et Praevalitana
    Sitifensis - Mauretania Sitifensis
    Sahara - Africae Desertum***
    Saharat - Deserta Vasta***

** “Locus” instead of “Vicus” because they are regions, not cities.
    *** Dardania is more west, but there isn’t a city in the game for it, so I have also enlarged a bit this region.
    **** "Sahara" it’s an Arab term, so I have corrected with the historical Roman generic appellatives for this desert.

Cities name correction:
    Campus Alanni - Campus Alani
    Campus Sabir - Campus Sabiri
    Colonia Dacia – Napoca **
    Constantinople - Constantinopolis
    Syracuse - Syracusae
    Croton - Crotonem

**Colonia Dacica has been destroyed during Marcomanni wars.

To do:
    - To fix the sprite bug for the units involved: I think it will be only a workaround: I will try to use the sprites of another faction (anyway, I speak about the same unit) for the more generic units with this problem, and I will pull off the sprite for the units for which it will not be possible to use a very similar one.

I invite you all again to report other units with the sprite bug (if any), errors in text of the units/buildings and/or units that does not work (resulting in a game crash).
    If you know someone that can work with sprites in a proper way having a no-steam version of the game, please report to them this thread, thanks.
    Last edited by MarcoAurelio82; August 15, 2022 at 06:42 AM.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Great work here. Appreciate all of your hard work. When will you be posting the edits?

JH

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Great work here. Appreciate all of your hard work. When will you be posting the edits?

JH
    Hi, and thanks. I really think for the end of August (or even few days before) : I will do a bit of testing, but in the end they should be the users to find problems (if any).

Quick Update (about the sprite bug)

- Hephthalites Bodyguards unit view bug: it’s only about horses, it happens only in some kind of terrains (this is the why I have noticed it only recently) and it happens only when distance is remarkable (compared to the more classic sprite bug), removing manually the sprite of the related horses of this unit the problem is still there, so I don’t think it’s a sprite related bug. Someone has any idea about this kind of bug? Could be model unit related? It’s highly probable that this small and minor problem will not be resolved.

- Points 4 and 5 of the sprite bug list (you can find the list some comments above) have been resolved using a very similar sprite (same unit, but another faction) : I have tested/checked that you will not notice the difference in the passage between 3D unit and the 2D sprite (and vice versa). So, they are fixed.

- About points 1, 2 and 3 : using a similar sprite of another faction (in two cases out of three is disposable) it means to see different colors during transition between 3D unit and the 2D sprite (and vice versa) : I don’t think it’s good to see this. So here the solution is to delete the sprite for the units involved (or create a new one). The total number of units involved in the delete of the sprites is only of 5, and considering also the power of the modern machine (PC) I don’t think it’s a problem leave them without sprites. Deleting the related sprites on descr_model_battle file it seems a safe solution: no game crash in custom battles and I have started a campaign without problems, but if you think it could be a problem, let me know. I have thought to this solution because in this way users have to do nothing to resolve the problem (they are not obliged to delete the sprites involved manually, for example).
    P.S. A unit without sprites is not less detailed: it's the opposite, you will see it always detailed even zooming out (sprites are thought to avoid delays in graphics while playing with many units on the field).
    Last edited by MarcoAurelio82; August 16, 2022 at 04:23 AM.

New Update

Sprite bug, correction for another unit:

Model Unit involved:
    kavulsahr_kidarra_payghan

Units involved (at least one of them used in the mod) :
    - Pâyghan-î-gund-î-Kîdara
    - Pâyghân-î-gund-î-Vaspûhragân-î-Hîndûstân
    - Pâyghan-î-gund-î-Vaspûhragân-î-Kâvûlsâhr

The different sprites for the different factions were all bugged, so I have removed the sprite for them. Let me know if you find other units with the sprite bug.

Other minor bugs fixed:
    - Corrected the sprite of for Kamândârân-î-Asp-î-Sâka (the unit had different colors in the transition between 2D and 3D).
    - Corrected the horse graphic of Farghana Aswaran for some factions that can recruit it.

- City name correction:
    Thesalonicae - Thessalonica

About the mod script
    Problem I have found playing the game: I have noticed that every 5-6 turns there was a random crash (random = not a game breaking bug) during the IA turn with the scripts (the show me button) activated. I have also tested that, without the scripts activated, the mod (with all my changes/corrections) is very solid like it was in the campaign I have played with the Slavs faction (played with the scripts not activated). The game crashes were just random, but anyway annoying for the frequency they happened. The most important feature of the mod scripts is the possibility to play 4 turn per year (instead of 2), so I have worked on them again.

I have investigated in the mod script file, and I have corrected the following things:
    - Corrected the Ostrogoth faction numerical position in the global (main) and local (subscript of other script) about “return to my faction” (essential for sack of Rome and Sack of Neapolis scripts). Of course they were also involved the remaining factions (just three) after the Ostrogoths wrong position.
    - Polished/corrected Sack of Rome and Sack Neapolis scripts (minor things about the effects of the scripts).

The random crash was still there, particularly probable in turn three and another turn still inside the Goths script. So I have investigated and corrected:
    - I have removed two stages of the “returning in France” (of the Goths) script, the two stages in which the game crash was more probable. Goths return in France anyway because the scripts were 6: now they are 4. My personal theory is that, in some cases (for example a chain-case with all units involved), coordinates for the armies can cause crash when the related terrain is occupied for some reasons (I suppose it could be true also for the borders/limes script).

After this work, the random crash was still there, just it was more frequent after Goths scripts than during them. So I have checked the only mod script not related to a specific turn: the “global returning to my faction” script: it checked every turn.
    - Therefore I have duplicated it and added the condition “and I_TurnNumber = 0” (Sack of Rome) for every faction for the first one; and “and I_TurnNumber = 1” (the Sack of Neapolis) for every faction for the second. In this way the script works only when necessary and is unused in the rest of the game (my theory is that, continuing to work/check, can cause random crashes in somehow).
    - Armenia1 script has been deleted (is still there for overwrite purpose, but it’s empty). It involved the creation of two units in VAN city, but one of them doesn’t exist in the recruiting pool for the mod. Instead of keep the script only for one unit, I have deleted it, also because is not clear the scope of it.
    - FULLIBFD script file. Premise: I’m not sure if it was used or not in the game (I suppose not). Anyway, it contains IBFD scripts and some more sub-scripts for them. Moreover, it contains four other scripts for some factions (alliance between Sassanids and Arabs; Hepthalithes go to conquer Merv, and two others) , and a couple of old scripts useless in the mod (one of them about the original Romano-British faction: the one in England). So I have taken the sub-scripts I needed for the IBFD file (Sack of Neapolis and local “return to my faction” script for Sack of Rome and Sack of the Neapolis), and I have deleted the rest of it (is still there for overwrite purpose, but it’s empty).

After this work, I have played with three different factions for 12 turns each faction (so 36 turns in total) with only a single random crash (in turn 2). Therefore random crashes (with the scripts activated) haven’t been totally removed, but the situation has been improved a lot. At this point, I really think that further random crashes can be caused by Original (BI) game scripts that, of course, are all still there (or by the following aspect that I have already reported in this comment: "my personal theory is that, in some cases (for example a chain-case with all units involved), coordinates for the armies (set in the script) can cause crash when the related terrain is occupied for some reasons (I suppose it could be true also for the borders/limes script)."
    Last edited by MarcoAurelio82; August 19, 2022 at 08:44 AM.

New Update, the last one. The release of the patch is very near.

1) Some bugs corrections

- Corrected a conflict about homonymy of some regions/cities: the city was not really present (set), so, in those cases, changing the province name it changed also the city names: a possible cause of instability/random crashes in the game.
    - “huns, spawns_on_revolt ostrogoths” command line removed from a file about factions: it was a useless set (in the mod) and a possible cause of crashes in IA turn.
    - Corrected a building in “export_descr_charcter_traits” file: it was not present in the mod, so it’s a possible cause of random crashes.

2) Regions and cities name corrections

Cities name corrections:
    Erân-Xvarrah-Sâhbuhr - Erân-Xvarrah-Shâbuhr

Corinth - Corinthus
    Herât - Harêv
    Campus Sciri - Campus Scirii
    Adurbadagan - Afraza
    Xunan - Shahin

Regions name corrections:
    Pusâng - Abarshahr
    Âdurbâdagân - Atrpatakan *
    Ganzak - Âdurbâdagân *
    Âmol - Tabarestân
    Drangiana - Harêy
    Afraza - Daylam
    Hyrcania - Qûmis **
    Gedrosia - Paradan
    Karmania - Kirmân
    Susiana - Spâhân
    Parthava - Pahlaw
    Phoenicia - Phoenice
    Sinai - Palaestina Salutaris
    Arabia Superior - Arabia ***
    Coele - Syria Salutaris ****
    Syria Salutaris - Phoenice Libanensis ****
    Paphlagonia - Paphlagonia et Helenopontus
    Asia - Asia et Lydia et Hellespontus
    Galatia - Galatia et Phrygia *****

* Same region: one is the Armenian name; the other one is the Sassanid name. The region name has survived/still present in Sassanid era.
    ** Because Hyrcania was the old Greek (and Roman) name of Sassanid Gurgan region, already present in the mod in the correct position.
    *** This province has been a bit enlarged to east.
    **** These two provinces borders have been deeply reworked, but preserving their resources on the Stratmap.
    ***** This province has been a bit enlarged to west.

3) A description of a minor bug that it has been impossible to resolve for me
    Some of the horse units equipped with medium horses (not armoured), in the battlefield, are colored in different ways during the transition from the 3D unit to the sprite (2D). Precisely: in some occasions the light brown (medium) horses become white horses when they become sprite. I have checked all the files involved: “export_descr_units”, “descr_model_battle” and “descr_mount”, and they are set in the right way; moreover, also the textures are the corrected ones (they are set in “descr_model_battle” file). I have also to say that, considering how these files are set about horses (for at least two units I have checked), the right one is the white version (the sprite). Of course medium horses are set in different colors depending on the faction, but, for example, Equites Parthii should have white horses (also the mercenary unit) considering how they are set; instead they are light brown (and they are white only when the unit becomes a sprite).
    Therefore, two possibilities: it’s a game bug in .exe file, or there is something that I don’t have considered.

4) And bad news about the reliability of my most recent testing

My system has become unstable for reasons that I don’t know: more crashes during the game and even a good number of savegame corrupted (a thing never happened to me in years and years of playing with RTW mods: I have read here and there that sometime it happens, but personally I don’t think that it’s a game bug) : this second aspect seems now resolved after a “polishing work” made on some files. The most strange thing: during a game crash, a moment before one of them happened, Eastern Roman empire has offered a truce and thanks to this I was able to have a windows message about the crash: “a direct draw problem” (non sense). I’m professional about this kind of things and I’m sure I have made no changes (and no update, really nothing) during last month in windows 10. Anyway after this message I have updated windows C++, but it was not the problem. I have also already reinstalled the game on Steam and before to do it I have deleted the old folder with the files remaining inside it (and this mod is mod-foldered, so no installation).
    I have also already tested that is not a problem of changes in : “export_descr_building” (recruitment), all the files about names (I have added just two of them and in all the right places) and the files about sounds changes for German-Romanized factions. Due to link to the various files and the many changes, it’s impossible for me to check old “descr_strat”, “descr_model_battle” and “export_descr_unit” files. More important: no relevant changes inside these three files have been made by me before the instability of my system begins. I have also corrected things in some other files, but they are totally irrelevant about this kind of crashes (for example the text files).
    In this situation, I can’t know if some crashes are more mod-related, or my system related (maybe the audio settings: I have read something in past about this possibility). One more reason to release the unofficial patch in a few days.
    Last edited by MarcoAurelio82; September 06, 2022 at 07:14 PM.

I don't know if this was a bug but...
    i started a Sassanids campaign, when i finish my turn, everytime the Kushano-kidarites attack me and i chose to manually play the battle,the game crush without any errors showed, it just force me out of the game,i just wandered if there a way to fix it
    Aside from this problem i really liked this mod,thanks.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

@MarcoAurelio82

Thank you very much for all your efforts.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

@MarcoAurelio82

do you already know when you can offer all the changes listed above in a patch?

Hi guys,

Here my unofficial patch of IBRR with tons of bug fixing and updates: some are listed here in this forum, toghether with some others listed only in the word readme file, inside the .rar file.
    Simply copy and paste (rewriting when necessary) the IBRR folder inside your RTW folder: I have the steam version, so I have modded that version (I don't have tested the mod using CD).
    Naturally, the patch is not savegame compatible. You should also consider to make a backup copy of your IBRR folder before to install the patch.

The attachments are two due to the .rar space limit on this site (10 MB), so I have divided the patch in two parts. The installation procedure is identical for both parts.

NOTE: Unfortunately, I had had some instability problems in IA turns in last steps of my testing: they had started suddenly, without to modify something of specific, so maybe it was just instability of my machine. I have been very careful in modifying things, making sure to updated every file linked/involved with the correction/update X.
    Please test the patch and let me know how it works: bug fixing and updates are all of absolute quality: it should be just some compatibily issues.
    Last edited by MarcoAurelio82; April 20, 2023 at 04:32 AM.

Many thanks, MarcoAurelio, for your work of love to th8s mod and for making the files available. IBRR was awaited for so long, it was a shame that it was left with bugs. Cheers!

hannibalcaesar's Avatar Mostly Retired Modder

For the CD version of the game, MarcoAurelio's patch as a whole causes a CTD upon campaign start at the menu. However, if you just copy the script folder from his update, it fixes the campaign crash. Everything ran smoothly till 15 turns for me. I have not advanced beyond that point, but test ran it twice and things are looking good. Many thanks MarcoAurelio for the script fixes. Just FYI to anyone who might see this, if you reload a save make sure to restart the game. The script does not reactivate unless you restart the game and then load your save.

The Mod still alive?
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast