Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: - Download links & Installation -

Default Re: RELEASED: RVINA ROMAE

Thank you all for your kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    So what is the difference between this and RRFD? I've noticed so far that Britain and its factions have been removed, and that there are pretty portraits, units, and more traits.
    Where to begin...

- There are 3 new factions
    - All new units
    - Edited map
    - All new UI, and not a single vanilla ancillary, portrait, interface, event cards, buildings, banner in the mod.
    - Many new buildings such as mints, watermills, gardens, hunting, grain trade, wine trade, glass trade, pelt trade, amber trade, hillforts, historical buildings etc, etc.

Here's an overview of the Roman building trees:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The music and the strat map textures are still vanilla, but that will probably change.
    Last edited by Joar; October 05, 2019 at 05:41 AM.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Shame RTW has to do with that 20 factions limit.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    Shame RTW has to do with that 20 factions limit.
    Agreed.
    I would like to have had the following factions included in the game:

* Saxons
    * Celtic Tribes
    * Gök-Turks
    * Gupta Empire
    * Western Roman Usurpers
    * Eastern Roman Usurpers
    * Sassanian Usurpers

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Joar View Post

Where to begin...

- All new units
    - Edited map
    - All new UI, and not a single vanilla ancillary, portrait, interface, event cards, buildings, banner in the mod.
    - Many new buildings such as mints, watermills, gardens, hunting, grain trade, wine trade, glass trade, pelt trade, amber trade, hillforts, historical buildings etc, etc.

The music and the strat map textures are still vanilla, but that will probably change.
    Dear Joan and Team if you came to Bali, i am gonna buy you a lot of beer bintang. Your work is amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnadiw26 View Post
    Dear Joan and Team if you came to Bali, i am gonna buy you a lot of beer bintang. Your work is amazing
    Thanks!

Nice Don't know if you plan to add something new/built from scratch, but if not you have the cities' strat map models from SAI, or a little mod floating around here at the twcenter which adds a late roman/"byzantine" look for strat map cities/forts/towers, for Medieval 2, though.

Quote Originally Posted by _TotalWar_ View Post
    Nice Don't know if you plan to add something new/built from scratch, but if not you have the cities' strat map models from SAI, or a little mod floating around here at the twcenter which adds a late roman/"byzantine" look for strat map cities/forts/towers, for Medieval 2, though.
    We haven't decided on anyhting yet, but I guess we're leaning towards using the ones SAI is using. They look very good, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    Agreed.
    I would like to have had the following factions included in the game:

* Saxons
    * Celtic Tribes
    * Gök-Turks
    * Gupta Empire
    * Western Roman Usurpers
    * Eastern Roman Usurpers
    * Sassanian Usurpers
    And why no use the "solution" of Roma Surrectum II? In that mod you have the option to replace Sparta for a list of minor factions: Bythinia, Galatians, etc. In Ruina Romae for me the faction which best would play the "replaceble" role are the Slavs, which could be replaced for example by the Saxons (so Britain would be again enough relevant to be fully included with its sentlements), and later other minor factions like the ones that you say or the Hispanic usurpers Gerontius and Maximus, the Romano-Britanians, etc.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Invasio Barbarorum II has the best shot for more factions tbh.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Where to begin...

- All new units
    - Edited map

Thanks for the info. I hope you one day find someone to make models to replace the battle map cities so we can finally be rid of those Hollywood Roman marble mega-structures, the limestone walls and buildings, and other weird building design choices Rome I and BI did.

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

the script seems to cause ctd when you pass the turn. arrived to the rebels turn it crash. if i dont activate the script instead all work fine. how can i fix it? that s from the first turn passage happen
    "regina caeli, sive tu Ceres,
    alma frugum parens originalis,
    quae, repertu laetata filiae,
    vetustatae glandis ferino remoto pabulo,
    miti commostrato cibo nunc,
    eleusiniam gleba percolis." - prayer to Kerres (Cerere, Benevolentissima Mater)

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

Constant crashes are to be expected, but I noticed that the Kidarites only have two generals. Obviously they're more attested but the Romans have pretty much every major and minor figure in history that was living at the time and have no shortage of officers. A Kidarite player needs to rely on men of the hour, marriages, and coming of age.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioHundangir View Post
    the script seems to cause ctd when you pass the turn. arrived to the rebels turn it crash. if i dont activate the script instead all work fine. how can i fix it? that s from the first turn passage happen
    We will take a look at the script.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    Constant crashes are to be expected, but I noticed that the Kidarites only have two generals. Obviously they're more attested but the Romans have pretty much every major and minor figure in history that was living at the time and have no shortage of officers. A Kidarite player needs to rely on men of the hour, marriages, and coming of age.
    Are you getting constant crashes?

This is a first version of RR, and even though we don't call it a beta, it will, of course, have bugs and errors that needs to be sorted out. Balancing, and suggestions how to improve gameplay are also issues we would like to get feedback on.

I'm not concerned about it going CTD because I can fix that myself but I'll get you the logs if it helps other people.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    Invasio Barbarorum II has the best shot for more factions tbh.
    Medieval II allows for more faction slots, so that's normal... if IBII's grand campaign ever gets completed. For instance, in Invasio Barbarorurm II: Conquestus Britanniae there already are many factions for that particular campaign in the British Isles, most of Gaul, some of the Low Countries and of the Rhineland.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampante-Cid View Post
    And why no use the "solution" of Roma Surrectum II? In that mod you have the option to replace Sparta for a list of minor factions: Bythinia, Galatians, etc. In Ruina Romae for me the faction which best would play the "replaceble" role are the Slavs, which could be replaced for example by the Saxons (so Britain would be again enough relevant to be fully included with its sentlements), and later other minor factions like the ones that you say or the Hispanic usurpers Gerontius and Maximus, the Romano-Britanians, etc.
    That was exactly what I thought of when I saw Gäiten's post: the Roma Surrectum system. One can lauch a campaign with one of six optative factions (Galatia, Bithynia, Capua, Massalia, Syracuse or the Bosporan Kingdom) instead of Sparta. I don't know how much work it would involve to implement this or if would it be worthwhile, though.

I'd prefer, if that's the choice between them, to instead have work go into the other campaigns especially Restititor Orbis. Empire Divided is interesting enough but doesn't scratch that old school gameplay itch.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Looks glorious - but I get a CTD before literally every battle, campaign or costum (even if I completely turn down all settings)
    (using steam)
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    I'd prefer, if that's the choice between them, to instead have work go into the other campaigns especially Restititor Orbis. Empire Divided is interesting enough but doesn't scratch that old school gameplay itch.
    Yep, that's why I said I don't know if the remote case (because this was only brainstorming) of implementing other factions into Ruina Romae via the Roma Surrectum system would be worth it. Ruina Romae stands out as it is, with the choices made for its design, and the IB mods are a unique experience each on its own, each of them being different also in terms of factions present. Definetely the focus should instead be put on RO - fingers crossed for that one too.

can someone upload a mod to google drive??

Hi!

Unfortunately, I am unable to launch the campaign: it produces a ctd and states that it experiences an error in ibrr/data/world/maps/campaign/barbarian_invasion/descr_strat.txt at line 2401 column 12 because it cannot create the settlement at script line 2401.

What can I do to sort this out?