Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: - Download links & Installation -

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: RELEASED: RVINA ROMAE

I have been working on it. However due real world priorities it going slower than I would like to have it done.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

I love this mod!!! There are so many units with proper information and I loved the artwork. I bit overwhelmed in my Persia campaign with all of the different clans and unit names but it was worth it. There are some little bugs like some buildings doesn't apply the income and some missing unit cards but overall one of the best mod I ever played. Many thanks to creators!

Quote Originally Posted by karasis View Post
    I love this mod!!! There are so many units with proper information and I loved the artwork. I bit overwhelmed in my Persia campaign with all of the different clans and unit names but it was worth it. There are some little bugs like some buildings doesn't apply the income and some missing unit cards but overall one of the best mod I ever played. Many thanks to creators!
    Thank that you have much fun playing this mod. We put much effort and blood and tears into

If you found some errors could you list them into the thread Report Bugs and Errors, please.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Kaiser Quanah's Avatar Libertus

Is this mod compatible with the Steam version of the game? Or do I need to dig through my wares to find the old discs.
    Big Iron on his hip

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

It works with the Steam version. You just need to follow the instructions from the opening post. Don't forget step #2.

Excellent news!

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma has won the 1st place in the 2019 Mod Awards
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FICIAL-RESULTS

Thank you to all . It is great that all those long hours of modding have succeed in creating a mod so many people really like.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Well, we do. Congratulations and keep it up!
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Congratulations, it is well deserved !

Hey IB team, it's been awhile! Thanks so much for all your work on this great mod. I will definitely be installing it today (just saw that it was released last year). Great job, again.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

The game looks good but both links don't work.

Awesome work guys, I'm loving the mod! Is there any way to run it in windowed mode on Steam? I tried to change -nm to -ne, and it changed the menu background to a movie like another user commented. I've also tried to add it at the end of the command line but it did not change anything.

What a mod, MY GOD!

One of the best without a doubt, the few that deal with the late part of the Empire and few that manage to be as good, rich in details historical, is a new game, refurbished, with scripts, new units and etc.

Congratulations to the team that created this mod!
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links

Finally had some time to play this great mod for quite a while. Amazing experience, it's easily one of the most brilliant mods ever made in the history of Total War. There are several features that deserve praise and congratulations, from the tens of new buildings to the 2-D art, but I will only focus on two things that make Invasio Barbarorum exceptional, in comparison to the rest of modifications. Firstly, it's a matter of philosophy. Most mods usually aim to make the player's life harder, by restricting the economy and forcing you to deploy a very limited number of armies. However, in Flagellum Dei, the opposite is actually true, which leads to many more huge battles, with thousands of soldiers in each side, while the relative ratio of units remains essentially the same. Moreover, most mods tend to increase the morale of the units, which I always found it ahistorical. In fact, even in vanilla, units are a bit too stubborn, especially some elite super-soldiers. In Invasio Barbarorum though, morale has not been strengthened, while the killing rate has been reduced, which makes, to my eyes, at least, the battles more dynamic and realistic.

Secondly, Flagellum Dei is one of the few mods that the eastern portion of the map, which also happened to be the richest and most urbanised during the Antiquity, finally gets the attention it deserves. In vanilla and the majority of mods, regions like Iberia, Gaul and the British Isles (probably the worst offender) had a disproportionately larger number of provinces and factions than Egypt, Mesopotamia, Iran and etc. Well, in Flagellum Dei, it's actually the opposite, which makes the map and the geopolitical base of the game much more accurate. Finally, ancient Iraq is actually richer than Ireland!

Finally, a couple suggestions for possible improvements (I'm clueless about modding, so they might be very hard to implement or outright unfeasible).
    1. The battle-map in certain regions, like Mesopotamia, is too arid and sandy. That was an issue in vanilla, because Creative Assembly had lazily depicted almost everything in Africa and Asia as the dunes of the Sahara desert. Not sure how easy is to modify it, but it would be a great addition, in my opinion, if the battle-maps there looked a bit less dry, since not only the climate was rainier and colder back then, but the irrigation system was still not destroyed by the Mongols and vast herds of sheep and goats.

2. That's possible in Medieval II, but again, it might not apply in Rome I and Barbarian Invasion. In Stainless Steel, for example, if your general was placed for one turn inside a city, he gained a retinue that corresponded with that province's nobility title (as long as no other living general held it at that time). There were even slight variations, depending on the culture of the general. So, for example, a Seljuk, Byzantine and French commander in Ankara, would get nominated respectively as Strategos, Emir and Duke of Ankara. I wonder if this could be implemented in Flagellum Dei, too, similar to these religious relics and administrative offices retinues that already exist. So, for instance, if a Persian, Arab or Roman general was stationed in Damascus, they would get respectively the retinue of Marzban, Emir or Rector of Damascus/Syria.

Anyway, the mod is absolutely amazing, so a big thanks to Joar and Gaïten! If any of you is interested in citizenship, don't hesitate to ask!

Thank you very much for these kind words

Finally, a couple suggestions for possible improvements (I'm clueless about modding, so they might be very hard to implement or outright unfeasible).
    1. The battle-map in certain regions, like Mesopotamia, is too arid and sandy. That was an issue in vanilla, because Creative Assembly had lazily depicted almost everything in Africa and Asia as the dunes of the Sahara desert. Not sure how easy is to modify it, but it would be a great addition, in my opinion, if the battle-maps there looked a bit less dry, since not only the climate was rainier and colder back then, but the irrigation system was still not destroyed by the Mongols and vast herds of sheep and goats.
    This should be possible, I think.

2. That's possible in Medieval II, but again, it might not apply in Rome I and Barbarian Invasion. In Stainless Steel, for example, if your general was placed for one turn inside a city, he gained a retinue that corresponded with that province's nobility title (as long as no other living general held it at that time). There were even slight variations, depending on the culture of the general. So, for example, a Seljuk, Byzantine and French commander in Ankara, would get nominated respectively as Strategos, Emir and Duke of Ankara. I wonder if this could be implemented in Flagellum Dei, too, similar to these religious relics and administrative offices retinues that already exist. So, for instance, if a Persian, Arab or Roman general was stationed in Damascus, they would get respectively the retinue of Marzban, Emir or Rector of Damascus/Syria.
    There would have to be new units designed for this kind of region-specific bodyguard units, I think. So, rather not.

No problem, the praise was well-deserved! About the retinues, my bad, I used the wrong term, I didn't mean bodyguards, but ancillaries (I think that's how they are called in Rome: Total War). The icons every family member gets in his profile page, next to traits. If I remember correctly, the maximum number of ancillaries each general can accumulate is eight or ten. In Stainless Steel, a general stationed in a city for at least one turn acquires the nobility title of that province, as long as nobody else possesses it and as long as the general has no other title. However, you can still transfer ancillaries between your family members, in the traditional way, when you have them both inside the same army. One typical example from my French campaign:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Guy de Tremelay was the governor of Genoa, so he became the Doge of the city. The ancillary has the heraldic symbol of the city and provides a couple of minor buffs. I also gave him the title of Seigneur of Milan, by transferring it from another family member, but he now is the governor of Pisa. However, he will not get the title of governor of Pisa, because that's already taken by another general and Guy, in any case, has already two nobility titles. I personally always transfer nobility titles from older characters to younger ones, so no duchy/county/barony and etc. expries, once its holder dies from natural causes. As a result, we have weird, but also funny situations, where, for instance, the Count of Toulouse is campaigning somewhere in Poland or the Duke of Corinth is wreaking havoc in Tunisia. Finally, there's also a second minor feature of that mechanic:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If you control a pre-determined number of regions (in our case, those that form the historical borders of France), then your faction leader gets the respective title, like King of France or Spain or even the Holy Roman Emperor. The bonuses are quite important here (we all remember how over-powered authority is), but the main advantage, in my opinion, is role-playing. In Stainless Steel's example, it provides the characters with more background and also illustrates the feudal and aristocratic structure of your realm. It also makes the battles potentially more interesting: Arnold of Brest versus Prince Manuel or Arnold, the Duke of Brittany, versus Manuel, Prince of Portugal and Lord of Marrakesh?

Feudal nobility wouldn't always make sense in Invasio Barbarorum, of course (with the exception of Sassanid Persia), but, as long as implementation is easy, the feature could integrate well here, as well, in the form, perhaps, of provincial governorships. Anyway, as I sad, I am clueless about modding. It will be very time-consuming to implement it for all the provinces of the map and I'm not even sure if it's possible in Rome I, because Stainless Steel is a Medieval II mod.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

If you're more interested in the ancillaries related to the provinces or the realm you may also read
    - here about the concept of the titles in the SSHIP.
    - here about the concept of the royal crowns in the SSHIP.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; September 26, 2020 at 07:20 AM.

I don't know if the mod was finalized or if I will add more news, I will give my suggestion. Well, I have a suggestion to be made to improve the historicity and fun in the IBRR campaigns, it will be the addition of missions to be carried out, with a time limit, and if they are not fulfilled, there will be penalties, such as negative money per shift, loss of some resources, missions such as capturing a settlement and, even depending on the faction's case, if the captal falls the nation will be capitulated, thus avoiding those terrible siege wars in each settlement.

Example for the Hunos faction:

Mission 1: occupy the entire Hungarian plateau, exposing the region's Ostrogoda faction.
    (The consequences of this mission will be the immense migration to the Roman lands and the increase of their income per shift, causing the hordes of barbarians to seek asylum in the Empire)

This speaks for other factions, perhaps more the main ones like the Romans, Huns, heftalitas, Sassanidas and the other hordes of barbarians.
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links

During the development I tried to have the Ostrogoths as another Horde faction. Result was that they went straight for the Western Empire. Something that make the game unbalancing.

Are the ostrogoths one of the factions that when they lose all territories turn into hordes? In that case, it is plausible that they will invade the West. Despite starting out of balance for the western Romans with countless hordes of Visogoths about to plunder Rome and the practically fallen Empire, more hordes have not changed the result. I see that it is up to the migration of the barbarian tribes that flee the Huns.
    Last edited by l5c4sl3m0s; October 10, 2020 at 02:42 PM. Reason: comment in english now

Quote Originally Posted by l5c4sl3m0s View Post
    Os ostrogodos são uma das facções que quando perdem todos os territórios se transformam em hordas? Nesse caso, é plausível que eles invadam o Ocidente. Apesar de começar fora de equilíbrio para os romanos ocidentais com incontáveis ​​hordas de visogodos prestes a saquear Roma e o Império praticamente caído, mais hordas não mudaram o resultado. Vejo que cabe a representar a migração das tribos bárbaras que fogem dos hunos.
    It would be very appreciated if you write in English.