Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: - Download links & Installation -

Default Re: RELEASED: RVINA ROMAE

There are no words. Like Gäiten correctly said, this is the end of an era; I still remember the first rumours and talks here at twcenter about a follow-up, a next version, of IBFD 7.03. It was like, what, 12 years ago? So many things happened, good and bad, unfortunately, during this time... but one of the things always present was the wait for this new IBFD, this "RR". Congratulations on the release, and I praise your persistence. All the best for your next endeavours!

Libertus

Congratulations! Great work!

OH GOD... i waited so long for this amazing news...and now it's real. Thank you so much !!!

Does anyone know why in the launch options after i modify "nm" into "ne" (in order to play in windowed mode) the art from the main menu changes into a video of the game? Am I changing anything else from the mod when I make this little modification?

Thanks for making this mod! I was searching news about Invasio Barbarorum Flagellum Dei (I have played an old version of it some years ago) and I'm come here following user Joar banner that publicizes this new mod (a new RTW mod in 2019: awesome!). I have taken a look to the mod characteristics: the start date of this mod it's the same of Flagellum Dei mod and 3-4 factions are different. So I was wondering: it's IBRR an evolution of IBFD, or it has sense to download and play also IBFD 7.03 because the two mods they are anyway focused in different aspects?

Thank you all for your kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane View Post
    Congratulations!

Extremely quality UIs, professional work!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by juanplay View Post
    Does anyone know why in the launch options after i modify "nm" into "ne" (in order to play in windowed mode) the art from the main menu changes into a video of the game? Am I changing anything else from the mod when I make this little modification?
    No idea, Gäiten better answer this one...

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoAurelio82 View Post
    ...is IBRR an evolution of IBFD, or it has sense to download and play also IBFD 7.03 because the two mods they are anyway focused in different aspects?
    Yes, RR is an evolution of FD, but a complete overhaul. Completely new units, ui's etc. The factions are also different, as well as some starting positions, making RR a new experience. So in my opinion it makes perfect sense to download and play them both.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Will have to check this.
    Never tested this before.
    Do you have Windows 10?
    Thanks for making this mod! I was searching news about Invasio Barbarorum Flagellum Dei (I have played an old version of it some years ago) and I'm come here following user Joar banner that publicizes this new mod (a new RTW mod in 2019: awesome!). I have taken a look to the mod characteristics: the start date of this mod it's the same of Flagellum Dei mod and 3-4 factions are different. So I was wondering: it's IBRR an evolution of IBFD, or it has sense to download and play also IBFD 7.03 because the two mods they are anyway focused in different aspects?
    The base for IBRR is IBFD and so I see IBBR as evolution of.

A big change in my opinion is the increased importance of the Eastern factions, especially the Sassanians. They were an equal of the Late Romans and their feundal structure was quite difficult to get into the game (though I think I have got it).
    Furthermore, I wanted to get more different factions and tribes into the game. Having some of them as Mercs did this (e.g. as to the Saxons).
    The Romans do have a great number of units, but not so many as in other mods.

There have been made some changes to the Stratmap (you will see while playing )

IMHO you will have a gameplay you might recognized from IBFD, but the longer you play you will recognize the differences made in IBRR.

So enjoy this game.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    Will have to check this.
    Never tested this before.
    Do you have Windows 10?
    Yes, I play on windows 10. I also wanted to ask if the unlimited men option is somehow modified?, because even when I change it to TRUE it does not seem to work.

Congratulations for the release!!

ROME TOTAL REALISM ANABASIS FORUM: HERE

If I'dont activate scripts the advisor continues to appear. Is there a way to not see it without activating scripts?

Edited: Wrong post

Another download link has been added to the opening post. Big thanks to Leon Katakalon!

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

So generally spoken, what are your impressions of the Game?

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

11-12 years waiting for it... and I still haven't played it (lack of time). Perhaps I will also wait a bit for you to fix the small "bugs" mentioned on this sub-forum
    One thing I think I didn't notice in the previews during all these years is that the Saxons aren't in the campaign. Not a criticism, though, I think it's an interesting decision and makes a difference in RR in regards to other mods in the Invasio Barbarorum universe. I understand they and the Romano-British faction wouldn't have that much impact overall in the specific case of Ruina Romae, so I understand the decision. And there's always the great IB2 Conquestus Britanniae mod for Medieval 2, for a specific, full-blown and immersive campaign in that part of the Late Antique world.
    One thing I've noticed though, is that Arian Christianity is not in RR, am I right? Contrarily to the other released and feature-complete Invasio Barbarorum mod, SAI. I might even make a submod adding it to RR, if I find the time. If I'm not mistaken, adding other big Christian movements like Nestorianism or the Monophysites doesn't make sense in 410, right?... Another thing, does RR have the ethnicities like SAI (I mean, people with traits like "romano-germanic", stuff like that)?
    Other quick thing, have you ever planned to make a campaign starting some years before, during Theodosius I's reign?
    And finally, this one specifically for Joar, have you managed to find that beautiful Roman ui previewed years ago, which I've asked you a couple of times already in the past?
    Last edited by _TotalWar_; September 30, 2019 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _TotalWar_ View Post
    One thing I've noticed though, is that Arian Christianity is not in RR, am I right?
    You're mistaken, Arian Christianity is most certainly already in. In contrast to Nicene Christianity, it features three levels.

Another thing, does RR have the ethnicities like SAI (I mean, people with traits like "romano-germanic", stuff like that)?
    No.

Other quick thing, have you ever planned to make a campaign starting some years before, during Theodosius I's reign?
    Not at this moment, no.

And finally, this one specifically for Joar, have you managed to find that beautiful Roman ui previewed years ago, which I've asked you a couple of times already in the past?
    I haven't had the time to go through the old files, but I promise I will check.

Does anyone know whate the requirements are for the hunnic alliance building?

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

I would play with the Scripts,please resolve it!!
    P.S. The Persian Army are infinite!!!(I play with ERE)!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

Finally man, Finally man
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

Does anyone know whate the requirements are for the hunnic alliance building?
    I believe it's determined by location ( hidden resources ) and are located in the Danube regions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fresco View Post
    I would play with the Scripts,please resolve it!!
    P.S. The Persian Army are infinite!!!(I play with ERE)!
    We will look at the script, but we are focusing on bugs at the moment.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Congrats guys!