Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: - Download links & Installation -

Default Re: RELEASED: RVINA ROMAE

Ohh, confuse languages, but now that's right
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links

vikior's Avatar Semisalis

Hi Gaiten!

In an attempt to put off my university tasks, I've begun sinking more time into IBRR. So far, I'm absolutely amazed! Excellent work to you and the team

I do have two questions though
    1) Why does Rome start out at war with literally everyone? Shouldn't they be at peace with the other Romans and the Sassanids at least
    2) Are there any updates on the full version (with the script)?

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by vikior View Post
    Hi Gaiten!

In an attempt to put off my university tasks, I've begun sinking more time into IBRR. So far, I'm absolutely amazed! Excellent work to you and the team

I do have two questions though
    1) Why does Rome start out at war with literally everyone? Shouldn't they be at peace with the other Romans and the Sassanids at least
    2) Are there any updates on the full version (with the script)?
    Hello.
    Thank you for your Kind words.

Due your Questions:
    1.) When Stilicho was still alive there were quite increasing tensions (even some skirmishes happened) between ERE and WRE because of the Status of Dalmatia/Illyricum. Even when Stilicho was murdered, the tensions remained for some years.
    This is a Background. Another is, the game is called Total War, so it is quite challenging to have the world against you from the beginning

2.) There is an update in work, I hope a working script can be included then.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Buongiorno, ho problemi con il gioco.
    Io ho la versione non Steam, ho scaricato il file e una volta estratta la cartella l'ho copiata nella cartella Rome Total war.
    Una volta fatto questo ho messo l'icona di "Barbarian Invasion" sul desktop e ho modificato la destinazione con il tasto destro su " Proprietà" inserendo la la riga -nm -show_err -mod: ibrr
    Avviato il gioco mi esce lo schermo come Rome Total war e poi si chiude immediatamente il gioco.
    Come devo fare?

JohnD18's Avatar Libertus

Great mod, thank yoy for all, BUT... Why all factions are enemies? I take the ERE an i have only enemies. All factions are enemies, and the WRE is enemy!

Hello, everyone.

This is going to sound very silly to most of you, but I simply can't figure it out. In the installation instructions, it says as follows:
    4. Use the RomeTW-BI.exe -nm -show_err -mod:ibrr path when launching.

But how exactly do I do that? I tried creating a shortcut by copying the BI.exe-file, renaming it and then copying the path into the "path" field,
    but it just said: "path invalid". What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
    Black Spiral

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spiral View Post
    Hello, everyone.

This is going to sound very silly to most of you, but I simply can't figure it out. In the installation instructions, it says as follows:
    4. Use the RomeTW-BI.exe -nm -show_err -mod:ibrr path when launching.

But how exactly do I do that? I tried creating a shortcut by copying the BI.exe-file, renaming it and then copying the path into the "path" field,
    but it just said: "path invalid". What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
    Black Spiral
    In your game/mod directory right click on BI.exe > send to > desktop > open your desktop icon > then properties > paste(with a space) -nm -show_err -mod:ibrr in the target line after RomeTW-BI. exe which should already be there.
    NB: this is for the RTW/BI disk version
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; December 18, 2020 at 06:57 AM. Reason: added info
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Hello, Saul

Thank you for your swift answer. For some reason, I can't right-click anything on my desktop, but I have moved the BI shortcut to a folder an then opened it. It looks like this:
    [IMG]"C:\Users\Søren\Desktop\Afl.BTI\BI_shortcut.jpg"[/IMG]

But when I paste the line in after RomeTW-BI.exe, I get this message:
    [IMG]"C:\Users\Søren\Desktop\Afl.BTI\error.jpg"[/IMG]

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Hmm... And I can't post images correctly either... This is not going well, I feel. Sorry about that.

The error message reads: "The name *** specified in the target box is not valid. Make sure that the path and file name are correct."

Hmm... And I can't post images correctly either... This is not going well, I feel. Sorry about that.

The error message reads: "The name *** specified in the target box is not valid. Make sure that the path and file name are correct."
    Are you using disks or steam?

I'm using disks. I started with a fresh install of the vanilla game (gold edition), and then copied the "Rome - Total War"-folder with everything in it to a new folder named "Invasio Barbarorum".
    I then unpacked the RAR-file and out it in the new "Rome - Total War"-folder I had made. In that folder I obviously had a BI.exe-file, so I figured that one would have to be renamed, given a new path
    and then copied to the desktop. I couldn't change the path in the file, however, so I made a shortcut of it (still in the "Rome - Total War"-folder) and tried to change the path in that one. I wanted to
    change the path and then copy the shortcut to the desktop, but then I got the error message.

Am I trying to change the path in the wrong shortcut or the wrong icon?

On page three of this thread you have posted a picture of the properties of your shortcut (or icon). It looks somewhat different than the one I trying to modify.
    It has an additional tab ("Previous versions), and it's called "Ruina Romae Properties" rather than "Barbarian Invasion Properties" (as mine is). This makes me
    think that I taken a wrong step somewhere. How did you get an icon on your desktop called "Ruina Romae", if you don't mind me asking? Did you rename the
    BI icon from the vanilla game?

I'm using disks. I started with a fresh install of the vanilla game (gold edition), and then copied the "Rome - Total War"-folder with everything in it to a new folder named "Invasio Barbarorum".
    I then unpacked the RAR-file and out it in the new "Rome - Total War"-folder I had made. In that folder I obviously had a BI.exe-file, so I figured that one would have to be renamed, given a new path
    and then copied to the desktop. I couldn't change the path in the file, however, so I made a shortcut of it (still in the "Rome - Total War"-folder) and tried to change the path in that one. I wanted to
    change the path and then copy the shortcut to the desktop, but then I got the error message.

Am I trying to change the path in the wrong shortcut or the wrong icon?
    I think I know what you have done, forget all of that and follow my exact instruction I posted earlier and you should be fine, there is nothing else you need to do.

Yeah, but that's the problem. I'm unable to follow the instruction, because it refuses to change the path in the shortcut.
    I get the same message every time I try: "The name specified in the Target box is not valid".

"Oh, how the not so mighty are laid low by the smallest of pebbles." Or something like that...
    Turns out, the commandswitch (as I now know it) is supposed to go on the outside of the quotes. What do you know? Now it works perfectly.
    Many thanks to you, Saul, for your patience. Getting an answer from you inspired me to stubbornly keep trying to find a solution. Problem solved!

Best regards
    Black Spiral

i'm trying to launch the mod but it says horde_min_units this feature is not supported
    any ideas?

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

did you use barbarian invasion exe? seems like you start with the normal rtw exe.

edit:
    welcome to the forum and your firstpost

Hello _Tartaros_
    Thanks a lot! Your mod (TGC) was the reason I made the account. It's a great mod.
    I pasted the file in steamapps/common/Rome Total War Gold
    and then I put RomeTW-BI.exe -nm -show_err -mod:ibrr in Steam Rome Total War properties

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Thank you
    We are soon relaesing a new big update for TGC.

you´ve done right with the paste in the properties.
    second step is, to start the normal game with barbarian invasions in steam.
    this normally appears as an option. if not, i think right click on the game should do the trick.

Is it impossible for the west to convert back to Paganism?