Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: - Download links & Installation -

Default Re: RELEASED: RVINA ROMAE

I've changed the mod files to suit my personal tastes...

for one, I've fixed the starting family trees of both the ERE and WRE to be more historically correct (eg Arcadius as emperor in the east, instead of Theodosius II who was like 8-9 y/o at the time, etc); and then I took an axe to the script, in order to make it work... I only kept the 4tpy portion and the diplomacy section (made one extra change - ere & wre forced peace; it seems more accurate than having the two brother-emperors at war against each other). In any case, I believe the issue to be in the horde section of the script (which would explain complaints about playable visigoths causing ctd's).

if any one wants, I can upload the files as an unofficial "quick fix" (or hack if you will) until an official update comes out

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I've changed the mod files to suit my personal tastes...
    That's fine as long you don't release it.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    if any one wants, I can upload the files as an unofficial "quick fix" (or hack if you will) until an official update comes out
    Do you have permission to upload your modifications of the mod?

If you don't have permission then uploading violates the Using Modders' Work Without Permission rule in the ToS.

Using Modders' Work Without Permission (1, 3, or 6 points)

Using part or all of any modification without permission is prohibited. Distributing part or all of any modification is prohibited if:

it is distributed exclusively via Steam and the author has not given express permission to create non-steam mirrors.
    the author(s) has expressly forbidden its further distribution.
    there is no proper and full accreditation of the author(s).

Alternate mirrors are permitted for authorised uploads as long as full credit is given to the author(s).
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

I've been playing a WRE campaign over the past few weeks and I can in all honesty say I've not had such fun in a TW campaign in years- the team have done an absolutely brilliant job on this mod. Says something about difficulty and balance that it's only now, in the 450s, that I've stabilised the existing WRE provinces and can even think about undertaking a reconquest of Gaul.

One issue though- the building cards all appear very pixellated on my screen, which is odd. Is there a way to sort this out? It's a shame to not see the new cards in all their glory.

Will we see Theodosian walls of Constantinople on battle-map ?

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    I've been playing a WRE campaign over the past few weeks and I can in all honesty say I've not had such fun in a TW campaign in years- the team have done an absolutely brilliant job on this mod. Says something about difficulty and balance that it's only now, in the 450s, that I've stabilised the existing WRE provinces and can even think about undertaking a reconquest of Gaul.

One issue though- the building cards all appear very pixellated on my screen, which is odd. Is there a way to sort this out? It's a shame to not see the new cards in all their glory.
    Thank you for your kind words!

About the image quality: Yes, this is very frustrating. I have the same issue on my laptop, but on my pc, they look fine. I honestly don't know what causes this, but I guess it's got something to do with the graphic card. It's a shame since I've spent over a decade making all the 2D stuff for the mod, and it doesn't get displayed the way I want...

Quote Originally Posted by Greece View Post
    Will we see Theodosian walls of Constantinople on battle-map ?
    Not at the moment, no. I know that the mod named Ages of Darkness was working on a version of the Theodosian walls for the battle map, but I fear that the chances of ever seeing that one is slim.

Been enjoying it so far. Aside from the mentioned CTD's in the bugs thread, have not had much in the way of problems. Though, unlike IBFD, I've found myself in the black much quicker with the WRE than I expected. Having a few settlements in Iberia flip to me, the Suevians weren't happy and they lay siege to Corduba but give up the next turn and have done that a few times now. Lost Tingis but that returned to my control shortly after. I thought the large Gothic host looked problematic until I saw the Huns arrive on the scene Thankfully they've left me alone to restore Gallia and kick those Berber's in the nuts. Battles have been interesting, particularly when I get caught in less favourable locations. Poor old Sarus, the hero of the Gothic wars, has few troops left at his disposal with one full stack and a half Gothic stack left.
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Hi Guys,

first of all - congratulations. This is mod made by devotion of the modders!

a question: do you plan to implement the scripts?

cheers
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

a question: do you plan to implement the scripts?
    Yes.
    At the moment I support the development of JH`s upcoming mod.
    When this is finished I will do some scripts and some finetuning/bugfixing.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Hallo Giäten

Thank you for reviving Runia Romae. =) I love the mod, but there are still a lot of details that make the game unbalanced and faulty.
    So far I only had one CTD. Whenever I fought a former Visigoth early as a Western current, the game crashed before the battle.

I recommend the following points for the next update:
    - copies or creates a music mod. SAI has very nice music. Maybe you can copy that?

- The battle engine is faulty. The infantry units, regardless of which they are, flee very quickly. Basically you only need cavalry and you can win every battle.

- The units tire a bit quickly and run too slowly.
    ---> is there a way to import the battle engine from RSIII? Can you also import the graphic details from RSIII?

- in the old Ruina Romae Mod there was also Brtiannia. Is there a way to get Britannia back?

- Is there a way to add more hordes to the barbarian?
    I would like to have huge hordes, especially the Huns, storming my empire.

- The battle and campaign AI is also still stupid. RS III certainly has elements that can be copied.

Hello.
    The infantry units, regardless of which they are, flee very quickly. Basically you only need cavalry and you can win every battle.
    The more low-status infantry is not very motivated and flees rapidly. The better the units the more they endure in battle.

The units tire a bit quickly and run too slowly.
    You may test by yourself how long you could run and fight full battle-equipped
    IMHO this is more realistic.

in the old Ruina Romae Mod there was also Brtiannia. Is there a way to get Britannia back?
    It would be another mod.
    However it is a possibility that I may publish a variant with Britannia included.

Is there a way to add more hordes to the barbarian?

There are quite great hordes of the Black and White Huns.

The battle and campaign AI is also still stupid. RS III certainly has elements that can be copied.
    What do you recommend us?

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

I have only played it a few minutes but it seems amazing. Does Soundmod work with it?

Hallo Gäiten

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    What do you recommend us?
    maybe you can ask the RSIII Team to get the battle engine or the better campaign AI? I´ve played RSIII for a very long time and i must say that RSIII is the best balanced and stable mod which i´ve ever seen. The AI in RS III is much more intelligent than in other mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Hüter der Haine View Post
    Hallo Giäten

- Is there a way to add more hordes to the barbarian?
    I would like to have huge hordes, especially the Huns, storming my empire.
    The Huns have something like 20 full stacks at the start of the game....that's quite enough as far as I'm concerned
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Hello Giäten and Joar,

it has somehow happened that due to my busy real life I only now get to install and try the mod. I came back to this thread to congatulate you for the great work done. My first impresions could hardly be better. Offcourse there is always room for fixes etc. but my general feeling about the mod is very good. It is really nice mod with amazing 2d and 3d artworkds and it was definatelly worth to wait for all those years. Thank you for all the effort and energy put into this.

Thank you for your kindly words.

Downloaded and started as ERE. CTD on first Turn End

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

don´t activate the script

The game crashes when make a turn on free people (faction icon), only if you click on the script activation button in the upper corner, if you don't press it the turn goes fine. Is this a feature of the mod, is it bug or is it normal?
    RTW: BI 1.6.0 exe
    LLA (true)

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    don´t activate the script
    i see

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

@Gaiten: Any news for play with Scripts? I can't wait!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!