Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

Default Re: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

Quote Originally Posted by Bob69Joe View Post
    Hey, don't put your sense of self-esteem on the matter. It's probably just nothing again.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...f-russia-hoax/

Has the non-verbatim conversation between the two presidents been linked to yet?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ader-zelensky/
    Where’ve you been? We’ve had that transcript for a few days. Do you just skip the news? HELL. Do you just skip the internet unless convenient?
    Last edited by Gaidin; September 27, 2019 at 07:24 PM.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    The President is not allowed to even ask for help from a foreign entity with a political election. Much less pressure a foreign entity for help with a political election. Those discovered to be involved by foreign intelligence in such a call would be discovered to have broken federal united states law and would have something over their heads. Thus the relevance to an intelligence community whistleblower action and decision. Presidential privilege is not relevant when he is doing something he is not allowed to do. Nothing to see here indeed.
    Democratic president asks Ukraine to investigate member of Republican presidential campaign--no problem;i.e.;A OK

Republican president asks Ukraine to investigate corruption involving democrats--bad bad bad, highly illegal, unconstitutional

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...paul-manafort/

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Democratic president asks Ukraine to investigate member of Republican presidential campaign--no problem;i.e.;A OK

Republican president asks Ukraine to investigate corruption involving democrats--bad bad bad, highly illegal, unconstitutional

When she was Secretary of State, HRC funded a foreign agent to work through Russian contacts to to dig up and fabricate evidence against Trump. This did not bother the Democrats either. Then again, I don't know why anyone still expects any sort of moral or intellectual consistency in these propaganda wars.

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post

Charge them.

If you think it will stand.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    When she was Secretary of State, HRC funded a foreign agent to work through Russian contacts to to dig up and fabricate evidence against Trump. This did not bother the Democrats either. Then again, I don't know why anyone still expects any sort of moral or intellectual consistency in these propaganda wars.
    Uhhh, she started fabricating evidence against Trump...prior to 2013? You know, when she stopped being Secretary of State?

You are talking about the Steele Dossier, right? I am pretty sure he was a private citizen and was not acting in the capacity of Her Majesty's government when working on that Dossier. Asking the Executive of another nation's government to help you out with a political opponent, especially in the capacity as the POTUS, is quite a bit different than a private US citizens paying for a private citizen of another nation to conduct research.

I feel like you are channeling your inner Basil here.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    Uhhh, she started fabricating evidence against Trump...prior to 2013? You know, when she stopped being Secretary of State?
    Like I said. Charge them.

If they think it will stand.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

More information has come out and it appears, once again, that the Dems and the media have painted a fictional narrative of what actually took place:

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign...-ukraine-story

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post

You are talking about the Steele Dossier, right? I am pretty sure he was a private citizen and was not acting in the capacity of Her Majesty's government when working on that Dossier. Asking the Executive of another nation's government to help you out with a political opponent, especially in the capacity as the POTUS, is quite a bit different than a private US citizens paying for a private citizen of another nation to conduct research.

I feel like you are channeling your inner Basil here.
    Yeah because you know there isn't any evidence that Biden actually did threaten to withhold $1 bn. of US aid on the basis - at least partially - that Shokin was continuing to investigate Burisma Holdings, the company which Hunter Biden served on the board of. And that must mean that the president had no legitimate interest in merely asking Zelensky to look into the firing of the prosecutor. Oh wait.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

https://www.scribd.com/document/4276...okin-Statement

But I suppose a sworn affidavit from Shokin himself isn't real evidence. Nor is a Ukrainian government memo of a meeting between representatives believed to have been acting on behalf of Burisma and Ukrainian officials - which was arranged immediately after Shokin's dismissal - in which the former apologized for the "dissemination of false information by U.S. representatives and public figures on the actives of the Prosecutor General's Office of Ukraine", of any interest either.

https://www.scribd.com/document/4276...mo-Translation

No, the only real evidence we have comes from the editorialized 2nd hand account of an unnamed "whistleblower". My scepticism - which was shared by many, even in the mainstream press - is really just a sign that I'm no better than white genocide conspiracy theorist.

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

Hunter Biden (son of Vice President Joe Biden) and Chris Heinz (stepson of Secretary of State John Kerry) create Rosemont Capital, an international investment firm with the help of Devon Archer, a businessman and close friend of Heinz. Rosemont would eventually expand and adding two branches, Rosemont Realty and Rosemont Seneca Partners.

After months of tough talks with China. Biden & Kerry back down on the South China Sea Dispute. At which point China immediately ramps up activity on the disputed territories mostly with military bases being constructed.

12 days later the bank of China creates an investment fund with Rosemont Seneca, a branch of Hunter Biden and Chris Heinz’s Rosemont Capital. The fund name was Bohai Harvest Rosemont more commonly known as BHR.

China also allows Rosemont to set up shop in the shanghai zone..which means Rosemont would actually be allowed to take chinese goverment money and actually invest it outside of China..even in the US. Making rosemont the only western company in world with that power.

Within 2 weeks the BHR fund secured $1.5 billion dollars.

John Kerry visits China, a climate accord is reached between China and the US and it’s headline news around the world.

What doesn’t make headline news is a state-backed chinese company under the name of Gemini purchases 75% of Rosemont’s Realty branch for $75 million...a few months later, Gemini invest $34 million into a Rosemont fund.

Hunter Biden is discharged from the US navy for cocaine usage..

White House records show Joe Biden holds a meeting in white house with Devon Archer.

Devon Archer opens a foreign limited liability company under the name Rosemont Seneca Bohai LLC, using a Ft. Lauderdale Adress.

5 days later, Biden travels to meet with Ukrainian officials in Kiev and offers Ukraine $1 billion to help aid Ukraine’s natural gas industry and economy.

Less than a week later Devon Archer joins the board of Burisma, a Ukrainian natural gas company.

2 weeks later Hunter Biden joins Archer as a board member of Burisma, coincidentally this is around the same time Senator Edward Markey along with 3 other senators write Obama a letter asking for increased aid in Ukraine around the same time.

"We should leverage the full resources and expertise of the U.S. government to assist Ukraine in improving its energy efficiency, increasing its domestic production, and reforming its energy markets," wrote Markey, who has also proposed legislation with about $40 million in additional aide for Ukranian energy development.

Neither Hunter nor Devon had any experience in the energy sector field, records obtained show Hunter Biden was being paid north of $50,0000 a month by Burisma.

Meanwhile back in China, a company named AVIC (aviation industry corporation of china) has been secretly stealing US technologies related to a F-35 stealth fighter jets..AVIC also teams up with a fund known as BHR, the same BHR fund that is owned by Biden and Kerry’s sons and had secured $1.5 billion from the chinese goverment.

Burisma makes a $3.4 million dollar payment to Rosemont Seneca Bohaii LLC.

AVIC buys 51% of a technology known as henniges, Biden and Kerry’s BHR fund purchases the remaining 49%.

Henniges was an anti-vibration technology considered a dual use because it’s used in on military vehicles..like an F-35.

This technology was on the restricted commerce list so it would be require the approval from the committee of foreign investments of the united states for it to be released..the person in responsible for that decision? John Kerry, the secretary of state, and the stepfather of chris heinz who’s BHR fund bought 49%.

His state department approved the deal the same year.

BHR then teams up with a Beijing company this time to buy 100% of a rare earth material called molybdenum. 4 years earlier, the US had filed a complaint to the world trade organization charging Beijing with attempting to control the worlds rare-earth minerals, the WTO ruled in the US’s favor.

Back in Ukraine, Burisma makes another $3.4 million payment to Rosemont Seneca Bohaii, LLC..sparking a potential corruption probe into the natural gas company, which 2 years earlier had placed Hunter Biden and Devon Archer as head board members after Joe Biden used $1 Billion of US money to help boost Ukraines gas and economic industries.

a high profile Ukrainian prosecutor by the name of Shokin launches a relentless corruption probe into Burisma..and almost instantly started feeling pressure receiving pressure from the ukranian president to not pursue any further in the investigation of Burisma.

"On several occasions President Poroshenko asked me to have a look at the case against Burisma and consider the possibility of winding down the investigative actions in respect of this company but I refused to close this investigation," Shokin would later claim in reports recently obtained by the hill.

Despite Shokin’s best efforts and unwillingness to pursue justice, as he got closer to bringing hunter biden in for questioning regarding $3.4 million, so did the pressure from Ukranian officials..which were in constant contact with US vice president Joe Biden.

A withdrawal is made from Rosemont Seneca Bohaii’s account on March 7th and it’s the last activity ever recorded.

Days later, Biden threatens Ukraine to end the investigation or he would cancel $1 billion in US loan guarantees.

a video has since surfaced in 2018 of him bragging about the blackmailing of Ukraine with US Taxpayer money to have Shokin terminated.

"I said, 'You're not getting the billion.' I'm going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: 'I'm leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you're not getting the money,'" Biden recalled telling Poroshenko.

and according to newly released documents out of Ukraine, Joe Biden wad telling the truth. He flies to kiev in Ukraine to meet with officials and Shokin was terminated 2 days later..

and the investigation into Burisma ended.

June, Devon Archer along with two other men are arrested for conspiracy to commit securities fraud that totaled more than $60 million.

November, a jury finds Devon Archer along with the two other men guilty of conspiracy to commit security fraud.

But U.S. District Judge Ronnie Abrams overturned the jury’s decision on Devon Archer, ruling..

“the evidence at the trial earlier this year had not shown that the man, Devon Archer, knew that the bond issue was fraudulent, or that he received any personal benefit from it.”and said she was "left with an unwavering concern that Archer is innocent of the crimes charged."

She upheld the convictions of the other two men who were tried and convicted alongside Archer.

Hunter Biden left Burisma April 20th, 2019.

Joe Biden announced his run for President April 25th, 2019.
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

My good friend Roma_Victrix called my attention to the fact that Warren and Sanders are "staying on message when it comes to policy proposals they are personally passionate about instead of focusing on nothing but this".
    Roma is completely right.Political prudence serves as a vital moral resource for politicians. That's the reason why Sanders, Warren and Harris do not say what they are really thinking,

Biden's Democratic rivals tiptoe around Trump-Ukraine grenade

Bernie Sanders’ remarks on the subject seemed to underscore the pressure Biden’s opponents are under. At a campaign stop Tuesday in Iowa, Sanders reiterated his calls for an impeachment inquiry and said he believes the president has committed impeachable offenses.
    Sanders was asked by a reporter whether he considers Hunter Biden fair game for scrutiny, particularly after Sanders urged Americans to move on from the Clinton email story in 2016. Sanders said he prefers to see evidence before weighing in.
    You make the judgment,” Sanders balked in response to a separate question about whether it makes Biden a weaker candidate. “You guys write very perceptive articles on these things.”
    Harris... asked whether the Ukraine story adds to the “narrative” that Biden has baggage, Harris deflected: “I’ll leave that to the voters to decide.”
    Elizabeth Warren stumbles over ethics question referencing Hunter ...

Elizabeth Warren became flustered when asked an ethics question that was an indirect reference to Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden, serving on a Ukrainian gas company board.
    The Massachusetts senator and 2020 Democrat asserted that a similar kind of behavior would not be allowed under a Warren administration, before saying that she did not know whether the situation would violate her ethics plan.
    When a reporter asked Warren whether her ethics plan would allow her vice president's son or daughter to serve on the board of a foreign company, but without directly referencing the Bidens, Warren responded "no" before quickly walking back her assertion.
    "I don't know. I mean, I'd have to go back and look at the details"
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

-Neil deGrasse Tyson

Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

Last edited by JP226; September 28, 2019 at 01:07 PM.
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Wow! All along I've been wondering how someone could get whistle blower protection without having first hand knowledge of some crime they're exposing and now the reason has been exposed. It seems the CIA changed its whistle blower rules to accommodate just this sort of thing. Now you can literally make stuff up, stir up a bunch of crap, and still get whistle blower protection. I have a feeling this rule will revert back to its original language. Read about it here:

https://thefederalist.com/2019/09/27...wer-knowledge/

Yeah because you know there isn't any evidence that Biden actually did threaten to withhold $1 bn. of US aid on the basis - at least partially - that Shokin was continuing to investigate Burisma Holdings, the company which Hunter Biden served on the board of. And that must mean that the president had no legitimate interest in merely asking Zelensky to look into the firing of the prosecutor. Oh wait.

https://www.scribd.com/document/4276...okin-Statement

But I suppose a sworn affidavit from Shokin himself isn't real evidence. Nor is a Ukrainian government memo of a meeting between representatives believed to have been acting on behalf of Burisma and Ukrainian officials - which was arranged immediately after Shokin's dismissal - in which the former apologized for the "dissemination of false information by U.S. representatives and public figures on the actives of the Prosecutor General's Office of Ukraine", of any interest either.

https://www.scribd.com/document/4276...mo-Translation

No, the only real evidence we have comes from the editorialized 2nd hand account of an unnamed "whistleblower". My scepticism - which was shared by many, even in the mainstream press - is really just a sign that I'm no better than white genocide conspiracy theorist.

The part you're conveniently leaving out is that Shokin, the "real evidence" that you're waving around, is widely criticized as being a corrupt official. Not just by Western institutions,

WaPo

In a 2018 appearance at the Council on Foreign Relations, Biden bragged about his role in Shokin’s removal, saying he had withheld $1 billion in loan guarantees as leverage to force action. But Biden was carrying out a policy developed at the State Department and coordinated with the European Union and the International Monetary Fund.

The Ukrainian prosecutor was regarded as a failure, and “Joe Biden’s efforts to oust Shokin were universally praised,” said Anders Aslund, a Swedish economist heavily involved in Eastern European market reforms. Getting rid of Shokin was considered the linchpin of reform efforts, but U.S. officials had a list of changes the government needed to make before it could obtain another loan guarantee.

In December 2015, Biden traveled to Kiev and decried the “cancer of corruption” in the country in a speech to the parliament. “The Office of the General Prosecutor desperately needs reform,” he noted. Shokin was removed from office three months later, and Biden announced April 15 that the loan guarantee would go forward; the agreement between the United States and Ukraine was signed June 3.
    but by Ukrainians themselves.

PolitiFact

As news of Trump’s interaction with Zelenksy made headlines in recent weeks, Daria Kaleniuk, the executive director of the Anti-Corruption Action Center, a leading anti-corruption voice in Ukraine, began to tweet images and videos of 2015 protests against Shokin.

One photograph she posted, from July 2015, showed a protest before the prosecutor general's office to demand Shokin resign "because of his corruption, attacks on reformers and failure to investigate corruption of Yanukivych associates." (The photograph is similar to photographs in the Associated Press database of the same event on the same date.)

When Shokin was ultimately sacked in early 2016, his reputation was in tatters, according to the Kyiv Post, Ukraine’s oldest English language newspaper.

"By the end of his term he was likely one of the most unpopular figures in Ukraine," the Kyiv Post wrote, "having earned a bad reputation for inaction and obstructing top cases."
    Moreover, the claim over somebody stopping the Bushima investigation seems to have contradicting accounts,

iden was among the many Western officials who pressed for the removal of Shokin because he actually was not investigating the corruption endemic to the country. Indeed, he was not investigating Burisma at the time. In September 2015, then-U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt publicly criticized Shokin’s office for thwarting a British money-laundering probe into Burisma’s owner, Mykola Zlochevsky.

“Shokin was not investigating. He didn’t want to investigate Burisma,” Daria Kaleniuk, of the Ukrainian Anti-Corruption Action Center, told The Washington Post in July. “And Shokin was fired not because he wanted to do that investigation, but quite to the contrary, because he failed that investigation.”
    From the same WaPo article. And before someone asks, "well how can you trust the US account over Ukraine?" Why would the US Amabassador accuse Shokin of thrawting a money laundering probe if they are trying to "protect" the target of the probe? That's illogical, and the only liar in this instance seems to be Shokin.

Yeah, imagine, an outsted corrupt official lying about being wrongfully terminated, due to Western conspiracies no less. "I am not the baddie, they are the baddies."

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by via The Guardian
    That complaint has cast intense scrutiny on the White House’s classification of records of Trump’s communications with foreign officials. The whistleblower claimed that the official transcript of Trump’s 25 July call with Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky was placed into a highly secured system reserved for the most sensitive intelligence information.

It is unclear if records of the May 2017 meeting were filed in the same system. But only a few officials with the highest security clearances had access to a memorandum summarizing the meeting, in an attempt to keep the comments from going public, sources told the Post.
    So Trump wanted to go fishing for LEFTist outrage, telling Russian ambassador and other Russian guy that he was merely "unconcerned" with the story of interference in the election. The LEFT takes the bait, always, and Trump unties a hundred knots of the legal system that the LEFT has thoroughly corrupted since Clinton, nevermind others in the past such as LBJ and the sacred cow of civil rights that Americans are so willing to die for. Trump may yet get to address the nature of civil rights written into the Constitution by his judicial appointments which are amazing by the way, but first the voters need to know that the LEFT is a purely ideological force.

Trump is actually doing a great deal for the economy, the trade war, and perhaps many here have missed the news that Mexico is enforcing immigration laws through its own nation because of Trump.

While someone was listening in on and exposing what should have been secure communication, that Trump wants to find out with the help of the "global community" where all these hoaxes to his legitimacy as President keep popping up from.
    Gornahoor|Liber esse, scientiam acquirere, veritatum loqui
    Crow states: "If you would be a great leader, then learn the way of the Tao. Relinquish the need to control. Let go of plans and of concepts. The world will govern itself. The more restrictive you are, the less virtuous people will be. The more force you display, the less secure they will feel. The more subsidies you provide, the less self-reliant they become. Therefore the master says: Un-write the law, thus the people become honest. Dispense with economics, thus the people become prosperous. Do without religion, thus the people become serene. Let go all desire for the common good, and the good becomes as common as the grass." ~ Lao Tzu - Tao te tching
    MONARCHY NATION TRANSCENDENCE

Of course, it's all 4D chess. You don't find it concerning that the President is abusing the classification system to hide politically damaging information, rather than information that's damaging to national security?

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    The part you're conveniently leaving out is that Shokin, the "real evidence" that you're waving around, is widely criticized as being a corrupt official. Not just by Western institutions

Moreover, the claim over somebody stopping the Bushima investigation seems to have contradicting accounts,

From the same WaPo article. And before someone asks, "well how can you trust the US account over Ukraine?" Why would the US Amabassador accuse Shokin of thrawting a money laundering probe if they are trying to "protect" the target of the probe? That's illogical, and the only liar in this instance seems to be Shokin.
    You can post all the liberal press accounts that you like; I couldn't care less what the subjective findings of WaPo, CNN, the NYT or Politi"fact" are. My point is not that Shokin is telling the truth or that Biden was lying: it's that hard evidence is starting to emerge which justifies the President merely asking Zelensky to look into Biden's dealings in Ukraine. Unless you can produce evidence (which you can't) that Trump actively sought to coerce Zelensky into providing him with fabricated or misleading evidence about Biden then I'm simply not interested. Let the circus continue.
    Last edited by Cope; September 28, 2019 at 02:13 PM.

Yeah because you know there isn't any evidence that Biden actually did threaten to withhold $1 bn. of US aid on the basis - at least partially - that Shokin was continuing to investigate Burisma Holdings, the company which Hunter Biden served on the board of.

The whataboutisms are real, keep cycling until something sticks. Just try not to lie about HRC next time.

As I said, some serious Basil vibes are flowing now.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.