Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6314647484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1167

Thread: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

Default Re: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    A lot of them are just plain dumb and uninformed.
    Two can play that game.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    No I didn't. We all heard the video. Biden bragged about getting Shokhin fired. Same Shokhin that investigated Burisma and Biden's junkie son. Again, at this point you are arguing against universally recognized facts.
    You're doing it wrong. The only people allowed to infer motive are liberals.

Again, the available evidence doesn’t support the false accusation that Biden blackmailed Ukraine’s leaders into firing the country’s chief prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, to derail an investigation he was leading into a Ukrainian gas company that the vice president’s son, Hunter, was paid to advise:
    Among the most prominent cases of official corruption Shokin had failed to pursue was against Yanukovych’s environment and natural resources minister, Mykola Zlochevsky, who had oversight of all Ukrainian energy firms, including the largest independent gas company, Burisma. By getting Shokin removed, Biden in fact made it more rather than less likely that the oligarch who employed his son would be subject to prosecution for corruption.

Indeed, hiring the vice president’s son might have seemed to Zlochevsky like a way to protect his business from scrutiny by international investigators. But the facts show that the Obama-Biden administration strenuously opposed the decision by Ukrainian prosecutors to let Zlochevsky off the hook.

Reporting from Bloomberg News revealed that the 2014 case against Zlochevsky “was assigned to Shokin, then a deputy prosecutor. But Shokin and others weren’t pursuing it, according to the internal reports from the Ukrainian prosecutor’s office reviewed by Bloomberg.

https://theintercept.com/2019/05/10/...reformer-says/
    Hunter Biden joined the board in April 2014, two months after U.K. authorities requested information from Ukraine as part of a probe against Zlochevsky related to money laundering allegations. Zlochevsky had been minister of environmental protection under then-President Viktor Yanukovych, who fled to Russia in February 2014 after mass protests.

The case against Zlochevsky and his Burisma Holdings was assigned to Shokin, then a deputy prosecutor. But Shokin and others weren’t pursuing it, according to the internal reports from the Ukrainian prosecutor’s office reviewed by Bloomberg.

In a December 2014 letter, U.S. officials warned Ukrainian prosecutors of negative consequences for Ukraine over its failure to assist the U.K., which had seized Zlochevsky’s assets, according to the documents.

Shokin became prosecutor general in February 2015. Over the next year, the U.S. and the International Monetary Fund criticized officials for not doing enough to fight corruption in Ukraine.

Shokin took no action to pursue cases against Zlochevsky throughout 2015, said Kasko, who was Shokin’s deputy overseeing international cooperation and helping in asset-recovery investigations. Kasko said he had urged Shokin to pursue the investigations.

In October 2017, Burisma issued a statement saying Ukrainian prosecutors had closed all legal and criminal proceedings against it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-s-biden-claim
    We’ll see what other conclusions the Senate GOP can draw in their investigation into Hunter Biden.
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; February 10, 2020 at 11:41 AM.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    Again, the available evidence doesn’t support the false accusation that Biden blackmailed Ukraine’s leaders into firing the country’s chief prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, to derail an investigation he was leading into a Ukrainian gas company that the vice president’s son, Hunter, was paid to advise
    The point is contested. No one knows what is or isn't "false" until the matter is fully investigated. Minimally we know that Hunter Biden's presence on Burisma's board (perhaps the result grotesque nepotism and perhaps an exploitation of the office of VP) created a clear conflict of interest which the administration knew about but ignored. Whether or not Joe Biden was motivated to remove Shokin, at least in part, to protect his son's profiteering we do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    "The most disturbing explanation is that the company is attempting to curry favour with the US government by enlisting the services of the close family friend and campaign bundler of the secretary of state and the son of the vice president. After all, Archer notes on one of his company's web pages that his firm's "relationship network creates opportunities for our portfolio companies which then compound to greater outcomes for all parties".

Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    The point is contested. No one knows what is or isn't "false" until the matter is fully investigated. Minimally we know that Hunter Biden's presence on Burisma's board (perhaps the result grotesque nepotism and perhaps an exploitation of the office of VP) created a clear conflict of interest which the administration knew about but ignored. Whether or not Joe Biden was motivated to remove Shokin, at least in part, to protect his son's profiteering we do not know.
    Counterclaims and opinion pieces based on information from Rudy Giuliani et al are unable to contest the available evidence. The allegation that Biden blackmailed Ukraine’s leaders into firing the country’s chief prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, to derail an investigation he was leading into Burisma is false. The available evidence indicates the opposite, meaning Shokin’s removal made it more rather than less likely that the oligarch who employed Hunter Biden would be subject to prosecution for corruption.

The Senate GOP is welcome to investigate within their power to do so. I’m not sure what the exact focus of the investigation into HB will be, but anything pertaining to Shokin’s removal would also implicate the Senators themselves. GOP and Democrat Senators formally demanded “urgent reforms to the Prosecutor General’s Office” in Ukraine, as part of a well documented international effort, shortly before Shokin’s resignation.
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; February 10, 2020 at 02:08 PM.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Counterclaims and opinion pieces based on information from Rudy Giuliani et al are unable to contest the available evidence. The allegation that Biden blackmailed Ukraine’s leaders into firing the country’s chief prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, to derail an investigation he was leading into Burisma is false. The available evidence indicates the opposite, meaning Shokin’s removal made it more rather than less likely that the oligarch who employed Hunter Biden would be subject to prosecution for corruption.
    You cannot know that until a full investigation occurs (which House Dems derailed to protect their electoral prospects). And since you've reverted to the "what I think is fact" position, I see no point is discussing it anymore.

The Senate GOP is welcome to investigate within their power to do so. I’m not sure what the exact focus of the investigation into HB will be, but anything pertaining to Shokin’s removal would also implicate the Senators themselves. GOP and Democrat Senators formally demanded “urgent reforms to the Prosecutor General’s Office” in Ukraine, as part of a well documented international effort, shortly before Shokin’s resignation.
    No one else would be "implicated" unless their support for reform in Ukraine was linked with a personal interest (ie. having a family member inexplicably raking in millions of dollars from a company under investigation). The Shokin dismissal aside, it is also worth noting (again) that the mere presence of Hunter Biden on Burisma's board (a man with zero qualifications for the role) suggests that the Bidens were exploiting US policy vis-a-vis Ukrainian corruption for their own financial benefit.

You cannot know that until a full investigation occurs (which House Dems derailed to protect their electoral prospects). And since you've reverted to the "what I think is fact" position, I see no point is discussing it anymore.
    Dismissing the available evidence as “what I think” would indeed leave little room for further discussion.
    No one else would be "implicated" unless their support for reform in Ukraine was linked with a personal interest (ie. having a family member inexplicably raking in millions of dollars from a company under investigation). The Shokin dismissal aside, it is also worth noting (again) that the mere presence of Hunter Biden on Burisma's board (a man with zero qualifications for the role) suggests that the Bidens were exploiting US policy vis-a-vis Ukrainian corruption for their own financial benefit.
    Shokin’s dismissal is the topic of discussion, and is the central theme to the allegations against Biden, as well as potential investigations stemming from those allegations. Whatever the Senate is investigating HB for, I look forward to any factual conclusions they would be able to draw.

Number one: you're a lying dog faced pony solider.

Number two: I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun.
    I know a few people who voted for Trump purely for the entertainment factor. I think a Biden presidency would be even more entertaining.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    I know a few people who voted for Trump purely for the entertainment factor. I think a Biden presidency would be even more entertaining.
    Look, fat, here's the deal: you're too old to vote for me.

I am saying the same thing I’ve been saying. You lied. I said that because you lied.
    Yet you keep saying a different mutually contradicting statement each time. Yet we all can watch the video where Biden brags about firing a prosecutor for investigating company where his junkie son was a chairman.

Yet you keep saying a different mutually contradicting statement each time. Yet we all can watch the video where Biden brags about firing a prosecutor for investigating company where his junkie son was a chairman.
    You’re lying again.

Keep repeating the lie if it makes you feel better about something. The facts state otherwise
    It is your words, not Biden’s. You are lying.
    That is a lie. You are lying.
    You lied. You got called out.
    It is your words, not Biden’s. You lied. You got called out for lying.
    Biden did not say what you claim he said. You repeated a debunked lie, then lied again, claiming Biden himself said it, not you.
    Biden did not say what you claim he said. You repeated a debunked lie, then lied again, claiming Biden himself said it, not you.
    And I posted what Biden said in that speech verbatim. Biden did not say what you claim he said. You repeated a debunked lie, then lied again, claiming Biden himself said it, not you. Now, you repost the same debunked lie, this time from the right wing blogosphere you probably picked it up from.
    And I posted what Biden said in that speech verbatim. Biden did not say what you claim he said. You repeated a debunked lie, then lied again, claiming Biden himself said it, not you.
    I posted what Biden said in that speech verbatim. Biden did not say what you claim he said. You repeated a debunked lie, then lied again, claiming Biden himself said it, not you.
    I posted what Biden said in that speech verbatim. Biden did not say what you claim he said. You repeated a debunked lie, then lied again, claiming Biden himself said it, not you.
    Watch the video. I posted what Biden said in that video verbatim. Biden did not say what you claim he said. You repeated a debunked lie, then lied again, claiming Biden himself said it, not you.
    What you’ve said here is a lie. Biden did not brag about getting Shokin fired for investigating his son.
    Citation needed
    Per your own source, you lied. Biden did not brag about getting Shokin fired for investigating his son. You have presented no evidence to support that claim. If anything, the available evidence indicates Shokin’s removal made further investigation into Burisma more likely, not less.
    You’re lying again. You lied, and you got called out for it. That’s the take.
    I posted what Biden said in that video verbatim. Biden did not say what you claim he said in the video. You’re lying.
    I’ve said what I’ve said. You lied.
    You’re lying again.
    No. You lied.
    I posted what Biden said in that video verbatim. Biden did not say what you claim he said in the video. You’re lying. Biden did not brag about getting Shokin fired for investigating his son. You have presented no evidence to support that claim. If anything, the available evidence indicates Shokin’s removal made further investigation into Burisma more likely, not less.
    I am saying the same thing I’ve been saying. You lied. I said that because you lied.
    You’re lying again.

Imagine falling for leaf bait this hard.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Again, the available evidence doesn’t support the false accusation that Biden blackmailed Ukraine’s leaders into firing the country’s chief prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, to derail an investigation he was leading into a Ukrainian gas company that the vice president’s son, Hunter, was paid to advise:

We’ll see what other conclusions the Senate GOP can draw in their investigation into Hunter Biden.
    Burisma needed Hunter Biden to advise them because of his vast experience in the oil and gas industry. And besides that, there is no way that Joe Biden, in his capacity as Vice President of the United States, would have known that his son was being paid millions of dollars (plus all the coke he could snort) for his "advise".

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Burisma needed Hunter Biden to advise them because of his vast experience in the oil and gas industry. And besides that, there is no way that Joe Biden, in his capacity as Vice President of the United States, would have known that his son was being paid millions of dollars (plus all the coke he could snort) for his "advise".
    Hunter Biden was offered a job. He accepted the job. Republicans want to jail him for it because his father has the absolute gall to run against Trump. It's similar to how Republicans still despise, lie about, and want to harm Obama's daughters.
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; February 11, 2020 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Hunter Biden was offered a job. He accepted the job. Republicans want to jail him for it because his father has the absolute gall to run against Trump. It's similar to how Republicans still despise, lie about, and want to harm Obama's daughters.
    So they hired a degenerate drug addict who has no experience in the industry, but happens to be son of VP from a country that effectively had Ukrainian government as its puppet at the time.
    Also this happened before Biden ran for president.

I've never said a word about Obama's daughters. Where do you come up with this BS?

So they hired a degenerate drug addict who has no experience in the industry, but happens to be son of VP from a country that effectively had Ukrainian government as its puppet at the time.
    Many people have had drug problems. You may see them as "degenerates", but many go on to live productive lives. You may hate Hunter Biden because of who his father is. You may hate Joe Biden because he's running against Trump. But you have yet to demonstrate how accepting a job offer is criminal.

Also this happened before Biden ran for president.
    And yet Trump had two years of full control of all three branches of government and somehow completely ignored this "corruption". It only became an issue once Biden entered the race. Then like magic the man who had his charity shut down after he got caught taking money from it, who is never to be allowed to run a charity in New York again, and who had his fraud university shut down along with being forced to pay $25 million to the people he scammed, suddenly became interested in corruption.

I wish Trump's supporters would just be honest and admit they want Joe Biden locked up solely for running against Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    I've never said a word about Obama's daughters. Where do you come up with this BS?
    Which is why I said "Republicans" in general and not "B.W." If I was speaking of you specifically I would have mentioned you by name.
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; February 12, 2020 at 02:08 AM.

Which is why I said "Republicans" in general and not "B.W." If I was speaking of you specifically I would have mentioned you by name.
    I read news from both sides every day and I don't recall any attacks on Obama's daughters. If you're going to cast such accusations you should produce some proof.

Many people have had drug problems. You may see them as "degenerates", but many go on to live productive lives. You may hate Hunter Biden because of who his father is. You may hate Joe Biden because he's running against Trump. But you have yet to demonstrate how accepting a job offer is criminal.
    Hunter is a worthless degenerate and a poor excuse for a human being (imagine failing so hard in life when you have so much agency and money behind you, what a loser). Again, there is nothing really that makes Biden's junkie son an irreplaceable asset to a company, especially given how he has literally no experience in the field. He was hired because he was son of one of the biggest politicians to an executive position in an energy company of America's de-facto client state.
    Once Biden concedes his candidacy, it will be amusing to watch Hunter's life go on downward spiral. I wonder if he'll end up on an episode of Dr. Phil.
    And yet Trump had two years of full control of all three branches of government and somehow completely ignored this "corruption". It only became an issue once Biden entered the race. Then like magic the man who had his charity shut down after he got caught taking money from it, who is never to be allowed to run a charity in New York again, and who had his fraud university shut down along with being forced to pay $25 million to the people he scammed, suddenly became interested in corruption.

I wish Trump's supporters would just be honest and admit they want Joe Biden locked up solely for running against Trump.
    Irrelevant. That conversation happened before Biden ran for office.
    Last edited by Heathen Hammer; February 13, 2020 at 07:24 AM.