Page 32 of 59 FirstFirst ... 722232425262728293031323334353637383940414257 ... LastLast

Thread: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

Default Re: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    As we all already suspected, impeachment will be dead on arrival in Senate. McConnell has effectively confirmed that now. It also appears to have fallen flat as a purely electoral strategy (aka. an abuse of process); there's even a possibility that it will help Trump come November. Insincere posturing is all that now remains.
    I don't think anyone was truly in doubt as to what the Senate is going to do. Any GOP senator that votes for conviction will never be reelected as a Republican for as long as they live. Trump could have eaten a baby live on television and this would still hold true.

I honestly can't wait until he is politically irrelevant to the Right (post-presidency), his improprieties get fully aired out, and the Right turns on him and pretend they never actually liked him much. You know, like with Bush.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Democrat desperation is real. I'm curious who will they blame for losing in 2020, Russians again, imaginary "white supremacy" or the Jews.

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    I don't think anyone was truly in doubt as to what the Senate is going to do. Any GOP senator that votes for conviction will never be reelected as a Republican for as long as they live. Trump could have eaten a baby live on television and this would still hold true.

I honestly can't wait until he is politically irrelevant to the Right (post-presidency), his improprieties get fully aired out, and the Right turns on him and pretend they never actually liked him much. You know, like with Bush.
    I think they'll worship him from here on out. Because your average Trump supporter is solely interested in hurting others and would gladly sacrifice everything to that end. That's why they love him. Just head to the comments on any article about Trump if you don't believe me.

In future Republican debates each candidate will invoke his name as they swear to put more children in smaller and filthier cages then their opponent.
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; December 14, 2019 at 03:12 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

Do the Democrats have the balls to remove a sitting elected President? Trump supporters are already anouncing they'll resort to arms if they remove their President from the white house.
    Then and again, americans have a manner of talking up a good game but lack the courage to follow through.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post

When people start saying they never liked him, I'll be like "I have screenshots. You were a full blown Trump cultist."
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    When people start saying they never liked him, I'll be like "I have screenshots. You were a full blown Trump cultist."
    They'd just cry "Fake news!" and accuse you of being on Soros' payroll. Honor and honesty are utterly alien concepts to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    Do the Democrats have the balls to remove a sitting elected President? Trump supporters are already anouncing they'll resort to arms if they remove their President from the white house.
    Then and again, americans have a manner of talking up a good game but lack the courage to follow through.
    Are you saying the Democrats are going to walk back the Impeachment?

That's an interesting an interesting and fantastical take.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Objectively speaking, Trump is one of the best presidents US had for decades, so your implication that anyone would be ashamed of supporting him is factually wrong. However this can be rationally said about Democrat cultists, who will probably regret outing themselves as neoliberal drones in the future.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Objectively speaking, Trump is one of the best presidents US had for decades, so your implication that anyone would be ashamed of supporting him is factually wrong. However this can be rationally said about Democrat cultists, who will probably regret outing themselves as neoliberal drones in the future.
    Your opinion =/= objective.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked

A.B.A.P.

Your opinion =/= objective.

... It was a reply to your opinion. At least my opinion is backed by objective evidence (economy being good and US not committing war crimes like it did under last several less competent administrations).

Citizen

Care to back up that claim?

A.B.A.P.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

The US economy isn’t actually doing that great, iirc and I’m no economist but there’s a bubble developing apparently due to ‘inflated stock, bond and house prices’.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jesseco...-short-heyday/

Anyway, whether a President should be impeached has nothing to do with their performance in office and everything to do with whether they committed an impeachable offence.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Lack of warhawk foreign policies (in comparison to previous administration) and highest employment rates speak for themselves, but I'm sure you'll come up with variation of "ORANGE MAN BAD" retort.

Citizen

Lack of warhawk foreign policies (in comparison to previous administration) and highest employment rates speak for themselves, but I'm sure you'll come up with variation of "ORANGE MAN BAD" retort.
    You did it, HH. You actually backed up a claim. But let's compare the economy of this current administration vs the previous 2. You can thank Obama for the strong economy. Trump does none of the work and feels entitled to take all the credit...how very trust fund baby of him. He's set to damage the progress that has been made by the Obama administration. As for the supposed lack of hawkish policies, as someone pointed out in another thread, he hasn't pulled out of Syria, troop presence has been bolstered to hold the oil fields. Oh, and also this. But anything to praise the messiah, right?
    Last edited by irontaino; December 14, 2019 at 01:47 PM.

A.B.A.P.

Objectively speaking, Trump is one of the best presidents US had for decades, so your implication that anyone would be ashamed of supporting him is factually wrong.
    And W. Bush had an approval rating of 91% (of the nation, not just his own party) after 9/11. Now, you can hardly find a Republican who will admit they supported the Iraq war that they so clearly did at the time. My how the tides shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Anyway, whether a President should be impeached has nothing to do with their performance in office and everything to do with whether they committed an impeachable offence.
    Apparently not.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Are you saying the Democrats are going to walk back the Impeachment?

That's an interesting an interesting and fantastical take.
    No, i'm saying Trump supporters lack the balls to protect the constitutionally mandated elected sitting President and will simply stand by and let him be torn apart by the 1%er Hillary clinton pizzagate types.

If they had the cojones, they would march en masse with their weapons and state unequivocally that they would protect their democratically elected President.

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    No, i'm saying Trump supporters lack the balls to protect the constitutionally mandated elected sitting President and will simply stand by and let him be torn apart by the 1%er Hillary clinton pizzagate types.

If they had the cojones, they would march en masse with their weapons and state unequivocally that they would protect their democratically elected President.
    They never will because deep down they know he's guilty. In the midst of all the indignant cries of hoax and coup and no quid pro quo, you think you'd hear at least one Trump supporter declare that Trump would never, ever solicit election interference from a foreign country because Trump's an honorable man. But you don't ever hear them say anything close because even the most avid Trump supporter knows Trump is dirty and cheating is consistent with his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    They never will because deep down they know he's guilty. In the midst of all the indignant cries of hoax and coup and no quid pro quo, you think you'd hear at least one Trump supporter declare that Trump would never, ever solicit election interference from a foreign country because Trump's an honorable man. But you don't ever hear them say anything close because even the most avid Trump supporter knows Trump is dirty and cheating is consistent with his character.
    Also, Hillary won the popular vote by nearly 3 million people, so this whole “democratically elected” schtick is inherently disingenuous.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

It was her turn!

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/p...an/2650654001/

A democrat from NJ switching sides over the impeachment. Way to go Democrats... losing congressmen in seats you won.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.