Page 24 of 59 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast

Thread: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

Default Re: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

Of course Quid Pro Quo is not inherently illegal, most transactions of any kind are Quid Pro Quo. But Quid Pro Quo that is achieved via Bribery and/or Extortion IS illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    That claim was debunked before it was even concocted, as discussed earlier in the thread.

The voters haven’t fallen for it, so I don’t know why you insist anyone should, especially as some function of impeachment.
    I think they are so used to easily deceiving their Fox-addled base that Republicans thought deceiving actual thinking citizens would be just as easy. They expected that they could just gloss over:

-Republicans had full control of the senate, house, and presidency for 2 full years and there was never a peep about the Biden's alleged "corruption". They had 2 full years to investigate it and did nothing. It wasn't until Biden became a legitimate threat to his reelection aspirations that Trump decided to launch his extortion scam involving Ukraine.

-Trump demanded a PUBLIC announcement of an investigation, which blows up any claim that this was not primarily for the benefit of his reelection campaign. The only reason to demand an announcement is because he wanted to influence the vote in his favor. This is a thing of value, violating 52 USC 30121 right there.

-His actions afterwards, such as ordering his lackeys not to cooperate with the investigation, show a clear consciousness of guilt. He knew what he was doing was wrong and has taken several steps to hide it.

Biden himself bragged about having that minister fired by threatening to withhold financial aid, all because he didn't like that they investigated corrupt activity of company, in which his son was a chairman.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Biden himself bragged about having that minister fired by threatening to withhold financial aid, all because he didn't like that they investigated corrupt activity of company, in which his son was a chairman.
    Keep repeating the lie if it makes you feel better about something. The facts state otherwise:
    Kaleniuk was also distressed that the Times report, and Vogel’s tweet promoting it, failed to clearly debunk the false claim that the prosecutor Joe Biden got fired “had opened a case into a company that was paying HUNTER BIDEN.” In fact, Kasko and Kaleniuk noted, Shokin had undermined efforts to investigate the company and its owner.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Its not my words, blame Biden for bragging on camera about threatening a foreign country for investigating his son's company.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Saying that there is no evidence of quid pro quo and that all conduct is quid pro quo is an obvious contradiction. You can't have those two exist simultaneously in the same reality.

Around 3:22, a journalist points out that what Mulvaney just described was quid pro quo and Mulvaney confirms. Mulvaney clearly indicates that the demand for investigation for the Democrats was part of the reason he withhold funding to Ukraine earlier there as well (2:25).

So, yeah, was he lying?
    Once again, the Ukrainian president wasn't aware that funds were being withheld at the time of the phone call in question, which makes it IMPOSSIBLE for the type of qiud pro quo you are referring to happen. That shouldn't be so difficult to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Once again, the Ukrainian president wasn't aware that funds were being withheld at the time of the phone call in question, which makes it IMPOSSIBLE for the type of qiud pro quo you are referring to happen. That shouldn't be so difficult to figure out.
    That's not what I asked from you, and I was not referring to any kind of quid pro quo. Mulvaney was. I asked if Mulvaney was lying. Is he?
    The Armenian Issue

Its not my words, blame Biden for bragging on camera about threatening a foreign country for investigating his son's company.
    It is your words, not Biden’s. You are lying.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

It is your words, not Biden’s. You are lying.
    As much as I I'd like the idea, ability to possess and force people to say things is not one of my powers. Biden went ahead and bragged about threatening to withhold aid to Ukraine because his cokehead offspring's company was investigated. On camera.
    Bragging about how good you are at being corrupt isn't smart.

Biden went ahead and bragged about threatening to withhold aid to Ukraine because his cokehead offspring's company was investigated. On camera.
    That is a lie. You are lying.

That is a lie. You are lying.
    Has nothing to do with me. Your problem is with Biden bragging about corrupt activity.

Has nothing to do with me. Your problem is with Biden bragging about corrupt activity.
    You lied. You got called out.

You lied. You got called out.
    I did not say that. Biden did. On camera. Its not my fault Biden is so stupid that he thought that bragging about it is a good idea.

I did not say that. Biden did. On camera. Its not my fault Biden is so stupid that he thought that bragging about it is a good idea.
    You did not say what? You said:
    It is your words, not Biden’s. You lied. You got called out for lying.

The video of Biden bragging about his corrupt activity was linked earlier in this thread. Its Biden's words, which Biden said on camera. Nobody forced him.

The video of Biden bragging about his corrupt activity was linked earlier in this thread. Its Biden's words, which Biden said on camera. Nobody forced him.
    Biden did not say what you claim he said. You repeated a debunked lie, then lied again, claiming Biden himself said it, not you.

Biden did not say what you claim he said. You repeated a debunked lie, then lied again, claiming Biden himself said it, not you.
    Uh-oh:

Next thing you will tell us is that video is fake and was created by Putin or something.

Biden, and many other people and organizations got the prosecutor fired for corruption. No matter how much Trump's supporters obsess over Hunter Biden, they cannot counter these simple facts:

-Republicans had full control of the senate, house, and presidency for 2 full years and there was never a peep about the Biden's alleged "corruption". They had 2 full years to investigate it and did nothing. It wasn't until Biden became a legitimate threat to his reelection aspirations that Trump decided to launch his extortion scam involving Ukraine.

-Trump demanded a PUBLIC announcement of an investigation, which blows up any claim that this was not primarily for the benefit of his reelection campaign. The only reason to demand an announcement is because he wanted to influence the vote in his favor. This is a thing of value, violating 52 USC 30121 right there.

-His actions afterwards, such as ordering his lackeys not to cooperate with the investigation, show a clear consciousness of guilt. He knew what he was doing was wrong and has taken several steps to hide it.

Biden threatened to withhold funding to Ukraine unless they fire prosecutor who was investigating his son's company. No matter how much fanatical Democrats are willing to defend anyone on the blue aisle, Biden is corrupt and he bragged about it.

Biden threatened to withhold funding to Ukraine unless they fire prosecutor who was investigating his son's company. No matter how much fanatical Democrats are willing to defend anyone on the blue aisle, Biden is corrupt and he bragged about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by What Biden said
    I'm desperately concerned the backsliding on the part of, Kiev in terms of corruption. I will give you one example. that was the assignment I got. I got all the good ones. I got Ukraine. I remember going, convincing our team, that we should be providing for loan guarantees. to try to guess the 13th time, I was supposed to announce in Kiev that there was another billion-dollar loan guaranty. I got the commitment that they would take action against the state prosecutor and they did not. They were walking out of the press conference, we are not going to give you the billion dollars. they said you have no authority. you are not the President. I said, call him. [laughter] you are not getting the billion dollars. I'm leaving in six hours. The prosecutor is not fired, you are not getting the money. son of a , he got fired. [laughter]

What you said:

Quote Originally Posted by The Facts
    “What I’m pissed off about,” Kaleniuk said, “is that Shokin, who was totally corrupt, who undermined the reform of prosecution, and reformers, and who didn’t want to investigate Zlochevsky, now appears in the New York Times as the hero who wanted to investigate Zlochevsky and Burisma and who suffered because Joe Biden demanded to dismiss him because of his willingness to investigate Burisma — which is absolute nonsense.”

As Andrew Kramer explained in the New York Times when Shokin was finally dismissed in 2016, Biden had acted as the point man for a coordinated international effort.

Kaleniuk was also distressed that the Times report, and Vogel’s tweet promoting it, failed to clearly debunk the false claim that the prosecutor Joe Biden got fired “had opened a case into a company that was paying HUNTER BIDEN.” In fact, Kasko and Kaleniuk noted, Shokin had undermined efforts to investigate the company and its owner.

https://theintercept.com/2019/05/10/...reformer-says/
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; November 09, 2019 at 05:19 PM.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    That's not what I asked from you, and I was not referring to any kind of quid pro quo. Mulvaney was. I asked if Mulvaney was lying. Is he?
    As far as I could tell, no.

Are you interpreting things irrationally? The answer is YES!