Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

Default Re: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Everybody thought top-tier politicians could get away with anything until the Supreme Court ordered Nixon to give the tapes to the Special Prosecutor. Sixteen Days later he resigned when his own party refused to back him anymore. It's been gone over in detail why what Biden did wasn't corruption. It's also been gone over why you're literally not allowed to involve a foreign agent or country in a campaign for federal, state, or local political office in America. Which is what Trump is doing.

So, you can either accept this history. Or not.
    * Yawns*
    How does that change the fact that Biden admitted of his crimes on a video?

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Fireworks ensue as Fox morning show brings on constitutional expert. The video is about 8 minutes and worth watching:

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019...ine-president/

My own view is that the idea of an anonymous official bringing down a constitutionally elected President is ludicrous. The Dems have ventured onto a dangerous path whose future implications will endanger the Republic.

Ask yourself: Should an anonymous person be allowed to charge the President with a crime?

The answer, if you're a sane person, is NO!

From Bill Clinton trying to force himself on every female around him other then his wife to Bush sr and junior's war crimes, American presidents have history of doing far worse things then Trump got accused of with 0 consequences. Anyone that thinks Trump will be impeached over this has to be a hard case of Trump Derangement Syndrome. I wouldn't even be surprised if Trump literally intended for this to happen when he called Zelensky, since the end result is Democrats politically decimating themselves even further.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

No-one’s charged him with a crime. A whistleblower, albeit one who saw nothing, has credibly accused him and it has to be followed up.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    No-one’s charged him with a crime. A whistleblower, albeit one who saw nothing, has credibly accused him and it has to be followed up.
    And the act of following-up would inevitable involve going through Biden's activity, which most likely was Trump's goal all along. Needless to say, Dems walked into that like Romans into Teutoburg forest.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

I see the cultists are in full force with the whataboutism.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Is second hand info considered credible in Europe? You guys do things so backwards over there, I have to ask.
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    As I pointed out, Biden himself admitted that. On the video. Of course we know that top-tier dems can get away with murder and still not get indicted, Smollett effect and all. But we do have Biden confessing on record and that will bury them much faster.
    He doesn't say what you think he says.

Quote Originally Posted by JP226 View Post
    Is second hand info considered credible in Europe? You guys do things so backwards over there, I have to ask.
    Any complaint against Trump is, by liberal definition, credible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    He did admit his corrupt activity. Even bragged about it. Doubt he'd face any repercussions for it, but media won't be able to memory-hole it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    Just wan to make sure and understand you. It’s okay to demand a foreign country fire a prosecutor by withholding aid?
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Just wan to make sure and understand you. It’s okay to demand a foreign country fire a prosecutor by withholding aid?
    I await the indictment with bated breath.

It is, of course, illegal for someone to solicit something of value from a foreign agent in regards to our elections.

I also await the excuse that the President of Ukraine is not a foreign agent.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

I await the indictment with bated breath.

It is, of course, illegal for someone to solicit something of value from a foreign agent in regards to our elections.

I also await the excuse that the President of Ukraine is not a foreign agent.
    Trump literally said I’ll give you ‘x’ if you give me ‘y’? Did you tell NBC about this?

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    Any complaint against Trump is, by liberal definition, credible.
    It's credible when the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community says it's credible. You're not even trying anymore with this dribbling about 'libruls'. I guess given the weight of evidence againt your position it's either resorting to that or whataboutism.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

I don't even think it's Her Majesty's government anymore; it's more like Lady Brenda Hale's government now.
    Ok? Maybe you are missing the point, neither Clinton or Steele held office during the work on the Steele dossier. See how that might be a bit different than, say, the acting POTUS engaging with the executive of a foreign power?

I don't care that Hillary sought to investigate a political opponent.
    You cared enough to bring it up as a means to call opponents hypocrites in an unrelated thread. Cough Cough.

Well would you continue to think it was improper for a president to request an investigation into the actions of a former administration if there was a genuine basis for assuming that it had acted illegally?
    Domestically? I am sure the POTUS can put pressure on his AG (he can fire him, after all) to go after opponents if he wants, but then the AG will have some hard decisions to make. Going to international leaders to coordinate against opponents? It is absolutely improper. I mean, think about it, the acting POTUS has huge amounts of leverage over all kinds of nations, and you are asking if it is ok for him to get foreign leaders involved in our partisan politics? That has disaster written all over it, not to mention some severe "party over country" . And you even had to throw in the vapid phrase "genuine basis for assuming that it had acted illegally" to qualify the insanity. In correspondence the POTUS has with a foreign leader, a "genuine basis" is whatever the goddamn POTUS says it is, he could cite a blog post for all he cares. You have been saying that it is ok if the POTUS even targets political opponents through international means as long as he can point to "a reason". That could even mean, say, calling a foreign leader and asking them to focus on a niece or nephew of the opponent that lives in the country as a means of punishing or dissuading the opponent. Maybe the niece or nephew had actually been shoplifting or had some drugs in their residence; it is fine if the POTUS calls up the president of that country as asks to make sure that person was prosecuted? It's too abusable, man.
    Highlighting hypocrisy isn't automatically whataboutery no matter how much you wish it was.
    You literally couldn't bring up Clinton in any way other than: "whatabout Clinton." There was no set up for you, she has nothing to do with the thread or event. Other than to be a tool to attack opponents with and support "your side".

To point out this impeachment investigation isn't being held in good faith.

So you acted in bad faith...to draw attention to others acting in bad faith?

Irrelevant, for the reasons shown.
    Sure, buddy.

If there is a basis for said opponent to be investigated then I have no issue with it.
    Uhuh, and who other than the POTUS decides what counts as a "basis" or not? You are kind of belying the abusability of such a power. You are saying it is up to the President's discretion whether there is "cause" to ask a foreign leader to have an opponent investigated, right?
    The point is that there is nothing really clandestine about their activities, so calling it a conspiracy theory wouldn't be appropriate. We knew that the Democrats were considering triggering an impeachment inquiry and we knew that the liberal press would support them in that endeveour.
    Wait, so there is literally overt acknowledgment that the "liberal press*" (*organizations involved unspecified) and the Democratic Party (I guess you mean DNC?) and the Intelligence Community (not sure which agencies) coordinated a "choreographed assault" on Trump? Like, they just put out a memo saying they were doing this, or what?
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Trump literally said I’ll give you ‘x’ if you give me ‘y’? Did you tell NBC about this?
    Quid pro quo not required to solicit something of value.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quid pro quo not required to solicit something of value.
    Quid pro quo appears to be the phrase of the week. How smart did you feel after typing that?

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Wall Street Journal, Taking Out Joe Biden - WSJ
    The problem for Joe Biden is that outright criminality is not necessary for these stories to stink. The appearance of conflict of interest is bad enough, and there is plenty of it.
    In fact,
    1- Posted on May 13, 2014,

Biden's Son, Polish Ex-President Quietly Sign On To Ukrainian Gas
    Revelations that Hunter Biden and Aleksander Kwasniewski serve on the board of a company controlled by a Yanukovych ally raise serious conflict of interest questions for Western countries' Ukraine policy.

Hunter Biden could not be immediately reached for comment. An assistant at Rosemont Seneca Partners, the investment firm where he is partner, said he was out of the office. A woman who answered the phone at the London number listed for Burisma on its website appeared to have no idea who either Biden was. By late Tuesday, however, Burisma had reacted quickly enough to remove a link to a New York Times story from April, when Biden visited Kiev and urged it to reduce its dependence on Russian gas, from a prominent position on the homepage.
    Kendra Barkoff, a spokesperson for Joe Biden, denied to comment on the vice president's son's appointment.

It proved difficult to discern at first whether the Burisma website carrying the press release was even real. Its photos of Hunter Biden and Rosemont co-founder Devon Archer, who is listed as a member of the Burisma board, are lifted from Rosemont's website.

The company site carries a bizarre interview with Archer — apparently first published in the Ukrainian newspaper Kapital, then translated badly into English with Slavic syntax left intact — in which he tacitly acknowledges his connections to the Biden family and says Burisma "reminds [him] of Exxon in its early days." The Burisma site was registered anonymously through the domain service GoDaddy in 2010, according to the who.is service.

Company registration documents for Burisma show, however, that both Hunter Biden and Archer joined its board of directors in April. Burisma is completely owned by another Cypriot offshore company, Brociti Investments Limited, which, records show, belongs to Mykola Zlochevsky, who was energy minister and deputy national security council chair under Yanukovych, deposed in February.
    2-John Kerry's son cut business ties with Hunter Biden over Ukrainian oil

Hours after Biden’s board appointment went public on May 13, 2014, Heinz emailed Matt Summers and David Wade, two of his stepfather’s top aides at the State Department.
    Heinz was troubled by his partners’ decision to join the Burisma board and immediately took steps to end his business relationship with Biden and Archer,
    “Apparently Devon and Hunter both joined the board of Burisma and a press release went out today,” wrote Heinz. “I cant speak why they decided to, but there was no investment by our firm in their company.”
    Last edited by Ludicus; September 29, 2019 at 04:11 PM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Quid pro quo appears to be the phrase of the week. How smart did you feel after typing that?
    Apparently smart enough for you to not have an answer. All Trump had to do was ask for a favor from a foreign agent regarding his political opponent. Not somebody potentially committing a criminal or corrupt act. But a political opponent. And he did not let his own government ferret this out and press charges if Biden really did commit corrupt acts. He asked a foreign agent to drum up information on a political opponent who does not currently work for the US Government in an effort to make that political opponent's campaign messier.
    Last edited by Gaidin; September 29, 2019 at 04:15 PM.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Apparently smart enough for you to not have an answer. All Trump had to do was ask for a favor from a foreign agent regarding his political opponent. Not somebody potentially committing a criminal or corrupt act. But a political opponent. And he did not let his own government ferret this out if Biden really did commit corrupt acts. He asked a foreign agent to drum up information on a political opponent who does not currently work for the US Government in an effort to make that political opponent's campaign messier.
    I get weirded out that people will gladly accept this as the new norm for the POTUS to do for the sake of protecting Trump.
    Last edited by The spartan; September 29, 2019 at 04:15 PM.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.