Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 73247484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1167

Thread: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

  1. #1121

    Default Re: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Hunter is a worthless degenerate and a poor excuse for a human being ... it will be amusing to watch Hunter's life go on downward spiral.
    This is conservatism folks. HH hates Hunter Biden and wants to see him suffer for daring to be related to someone running against Trump. Remember this when someone tries to tell you conservatism isn't 100% evil spite and lust for power at any price.

  2. #1122
    Legio_Italica's Avatar Lost in Limbo
    Civitate Gaming Staff

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,336

    Default Re: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

    Breaking: GOP senator directly responsible for Trump not learning anything from impeachment says it appears Trump hasn't learned anything from impeachment.

    https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...ent-nr-vpx.cnn

    I’m convinced the entire Republican party exists only to troll the planet since at least 2012, if not before.

  3. #1123
    Ludicus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    11,267

    Default Re: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    I’m convinced the entire Republican party exists only to troll the planet since at least 2012, if not before.
    Characteristics Associated with Cultic Groups.”
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

    Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

  4. #1124
    B. W.'s Avatar Vicarius
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bayou country
    Posts
    2,840

    Default Re: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    I've never heard of any of those "conservative" news sites that Snopes listed. It's total garbage. But that's what I would expect from a site like Snopes, which is ever willing to promote left wing narratives.

  5. #1125

    Default Re: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    This is conservatism folks. HH hates Hunter Biden and wants to see him suffer for daring to be related to someone running against Trump. Remember this when someone tries to tell you conservatism isn't 100% evil spite and lust for power at any price.
    I like how you had to carefully cut out the parts of my post directly pointing out that this happened before Biden announced his candidacy, rendering your narrative null and void:
    Again, there is nothing really that makes Biden's junkie son an irreplaceable asset to a company, especially given how he has literally no experience in the field. He was hired because he was son of one of the biggest politicians to an executive position in an energy company of America's de-facto client state.
    That conversation happened before Biden ran for office.
    And yes, I hope once daddy's money run out, Hunter will receive help from Dr. Phil or whichever reality show will decide to boost its rating with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    Breaking: GOP senator directly responsible for Trump not learning anything from impeachment says it appears Trump hasn't learned anything from impeachment.

    https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...ent-nr-vpx.cnn
    The only lesson to be learned is that Democrats care more about attaining political power then their own voters, which is something Trump and sane part of America were clearly aware of before the impeachment circus even begun.
    Last edited by Heathen Hammer; February 14, 2020 at 04:21 PM.

  6. #1126

    Default Re: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    I've never heard of any of those "conservative" news sites that Snopes listed. It's total garbage. But that's what I would expect from a site like Snopes, which is ever willing to promote left wing narratives.
    Lashing out at Snopes for telling you things you don't want to hear won't make the facts stop being facts. Facts are facts regardless of who is stating them. The sky doesn't stop being blue because someone you don't like says "The sky is blue." Snopes always provides a bibliography. If you have some complaint with their research then go check the sources for yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    I like how you had to carefully cut out the parts of my post directly pointing out that this happened before Biden announced his candidacy, rendering your narrative null and void:


    And yes, I hope once daddy's money run out, Hunter will receive help from Dr. Phil or whichever reality show will decide to boost its rating with him.
    Backpedaling rarely works. Honest question, what do you think should happen to Obama's daughters? How about Chelsea Clinton? My family for me voting Democratic?

    The only lesson to be learned is that Democrats care more about attaining political power then their own voters, which is something Trump and sane part of America were clearly aware of before the impeachment circus even begun.
    We voted them in precisely to check Trump and the Republican's lawlessness. I can't even imagine how terrible things would be if we had lost in 2018. We probably wouldn't even be having anymore elections.

  7. #1127

    Default Re: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Lashing out at Snopes for telling you things you don't want to hear won't make the facts stop being facts. Facts are facts regardless of who is stating them. The sky doesn't stop being blue because someone you don't like says "The sky is blue." Snopes always provides a bibliography. If you have some complaint with their research then go check the sources for yourself.
    Snopes is a partisan source. Try again.
    Backpedaling rarely works. Honest question, what do you think should happen to Obama's daughters? How about Chelsea Clinton? My family for me voting Democratic?
    Has nothing to do with what I said. Hunter Biden has no skills that would make him an asset for Burisma and the whole ordeal with phone call happened before Biden announced his bid for presidency. I'm not entirely sure how you got from there to quoted part.
    We voted them in precisely to check Trump and the Republican's lawlessness. I can't even imagine how terrible things would be if we had lost in 2018. We probably wouldn't even be having anymore elections.
    So Democrats spent this whole time they had the House to try and remove Trump from power. You'd think they'd do something for, you know, people that voted them in, but clearly their attempt at powergrab was more important then their own voters.

  8. #1128
    B. W.'s Avatar Vicarius
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bayou country
    Posts
    2,840

    Default Re: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Lashing out at Snopes for telling you things you don't want to hear won't make the facts stop being facts. Facts are facts regardless of who is stating them. The sky doesn't stop being blue because someone you don't like says "The sky is blue." Snopes always provides a bibliography. If you have some complaint with their research then go check the sources for yourself.
    I went through the list and I've never heard of any of them. I wouldn't trust Snopes as far as I could spit. It's just another left-wing "fact checking" site. Total garbage.

  9. #1129
    Legio_Italica's Avatar Lost in Limbo
    Civitate Gaming Staff

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,336

    Default Re: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

    Snopes isn’t biased just because you say so or because you’ve never heard of the referenced news stories. Baseless accusations regarding alleged bias in Snopes content is at least as old as the days when chain email propaganda was a thing. A basic internet search will yield links to the media stories in question, including other fact checking sites. Take your pick.
    Q: Did FactCheck.org expose Snopes.com as an “extremely liberal propaganda site”?
    A: No. That false claim was made in a meme circulating online.
    FULL QUESTION
    A Facebook post states that your org found that snopes was biased in favor of liberal points of view and untrustworthy. Is that true? Did you make this claim and if so, what is that claim based upon?
    FULL ANSWER
    In 2009, we addressed Snopes.com’s alleged political bias and wrote that we found the website’s work to be “solid and well-documented,” and that its articles appeared “utterly poker-faced” when tackling rumors about Democratic and Republican politicians.
    We also noted at the time: “We even link to Snopes.com when it’s appropriate rather than reinvent the wheel ourselves, which we consider high praise.”
    At no point did we ever “expose” the myth-busting website as “an extremely liberal propaganda site with an agenda to discredit anything that appears to be conservative.”


    https://www.factcheck.org/2018/03/me...ed-snopes-com/

  10. #1130

    Default Re: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

    Let's all take a moment and appreciate the irony of criticizing Snopes while almost exclusively relying on AmericanThinker.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  11. #1131

    Default Re: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    Snopes isn’t biased just because you say so or because you’ve never heard of the referenced news stories. Baseless accusations regarding alleged bias in Snopes content is at least as old as the days when chain email propaganda was a thing. A basic internet search will yield links to the media stories in question, including other fact checking sites. Take your pick.
    Conservatives in general never have anything but ad hominem attacks, because the facts are never on their side and they have been trained by decades of Conservative media to distrust anyone who seems too educated. So most of their reasoning is emotion-based. If something tells them what they want to hear, it must be true. If something tells them what they don't want to hear, it must be false. Other factors like evidence and documentation simply do not rank.

  12. #1132
    B. W.'s Avatar Vicarius
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bayou country
    Posts
    2,840

    Default Re: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    Snopes isn’t biased just because you say so or because you’ve never heard of the referenced news stories. Baseless accusations regarding alleged bias in Snopes content is at least as old as the days when chain email propaganda was a thing. A basic internet search will yield links to the media stories in question, including other fact checking sites. Take your pick.
    I laid out the case against Snopes on another thread over a year ago. You were a participant. You should have taken the time to read it. Anybody who relies on a fact checking site for verification is just asking to be deceived, which is typical of leftists.

    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Let's all take a moment and appreciate the irony of criticizing Snopes while almost exclusively relying on AmericanThinker.
    I have other sources. I use AT because I know it irritates all the lefties here and AT always sources its stories.

  13. #1133
    Legio_Italica's Avatar Lost in Limbo
    Civitate Gaming Staff

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,336

    Default Re: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    I laid out the case against Snopes on another thread over a year ago. You were a participant. You should have taken the time to read it. Anybody who relies on a fact checking site for verification is just asking to be deceived, which is typical of leftists.
    If you want to “lay out a case against snopes,” feel free. So far, your “I never heard of those stories” thesis doesn’t offer much to go on.

  14. #1134
    Cope's Avatar Have you no decency?
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    I've never heard of any of those "conservative" news sites that Snopes listed. It's total garbage. But that's what I would expect from a site like Snopes, which is ever willing to promote left wing narratives.
    Don't waste your time being sucked into an irrelevant tangent. Whether or not a handful of obscure websites (no idea if even Republican) published fake news about the Obamas is a distraction your interlocutor is using to rationalise his unhinged prejudices.

  15. #1135

    Default Re: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    I have other sources. I use AT because I know it irritates all the lefties here and AT always sources its stories.
    We could easily describe AmericanThinker as an other arm-chair right wing conspiracy blog site. What irritates is not that it somehow manages to throw dents in what people argue, which is really doesn't. It's the fact that we almost exclusively see links from that site. It's a testament to the quality of your position that you argued in this thread. It's not surprising that you're boasting about it. Carry on.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  16. #1136

    Default Re: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    Don't waste your time being sucked into an irrelevant tangent. Whether or not a handful of obscure websites (no idea if even Republican) published fake news about the Obamas is a distraction your interlocutor is using to rationalise his unhinged prejudices.
    This may be the first time someone has surrendered to me on some else's behalf.

    That you don't like what you see when I shine a spotlight on your party's moral failings is your fault and no one else's. Maybe you should insist on better behavior for your party? It really isn't that hard refrain from threatening or lying about children even when you don't like their father.

  17. #1137
    Cope's Avatar Have you no decency?
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    This may be the first time someone has surrendered to me on some else's behalf.
    Highlighting the irrelevance of your comment is not synonymous with "surrendering" to it.

    That you don't like what you see when I shine a spotlight on your party's moral failings is your fault and no one else's. Maybe you should insist on better behavior for your party?
    It isn't my party nor are any of the websites you cited (to the best of my knowledge) associated with the Republican Party.

    It really isn't that hard refrain from threatening or lying about children even when you don't like their father.
    It really isn't that hard to refrain from demanding that people answer for topically irrelevant comments which neither they, nor their affiliates, have made.

  18. #1138
    B. W.'s Avatar Vicarius
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bayou country
    Posts
    2,840

    Default Re: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    We could easily describe AmericanThinker as an other arm-chair right wing conspiracy blog site. What irritates is not that it somehow manages to throw dents in what people argue, which is really doesn't. It's the fact that we almost exclusively see links from that site. It's a testament to the quality of your position that you argued in this thread. It's not surprising that you're boasting about it. Carry on.
    And yet you haven't made a single post backed with evidence that any of the AT articles posted contained false information. You didn't even bother reading them did you?

  19. #1139

    Default Re: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    Highlighting the irrelevance of your comment is not synonymous with "surrendering" to it.
    Calling something irrelevant just because you don't like it doesn't actually make it irrelevant. You don't control what people are allowed to talk about.

    It isn't my party nor are any of the websites you cited (to the best of my knowledge) associated with the Republican Party.
    Trump=Republican party. You support him, you're a Republican.
    It really isn't that hard to refrain from demanding that people answer for topically irrelevant comments which neither they, nor their affiliates, have made.
    In other words no, you don't think lying about and threatening children is wrong if they have Democratic parents.

  20. #1140
    Abdülmecid I's Avatar ¡Ay Carmela!
    Moderation Overseer Civitate Moderation Mentor

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4,986

    Default Re: US House Speaker Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry

    Please remember that repeating the same arguments, despite being already addressed or disproved, is not only considered disruptive and therefore a violation of the site's Terms of Services, but also breaks the Mudpit Forum Rules. Consequently, continuing such behaviour will result not only into infractions, but also for either a temporary or a permanent forum-ban, so please be more careful in the future.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •