But the suggestion ain't so silly. Cause I'm hearin about these changes you want for the script, Quintus, and I don't think it's no laughing matter! You're trying to make the game more difficult for the player but it ain't about realism, Barborum's main quest.

It can't be true to historical reality unless you give the player real options to prevent random uprisings from happening - as was fundamental to government in the ancient world

That you could prevent these random rebellions of your subject and keep their loyalty by agreement was the reason for every city constitution in the Hellenistic kingdoms; the reason for the Roman Empire and every moral-political debate ever witnessed by Cicero; the virtue in the entire Persian theory of politics; and frankly the lifeblood of all German myth. The impetus to conciliate potential rivals and strike their friendship was basic to diplomacy - and if anything, savagery was predicated by insult and disgust - the expectation was loyalty

You gotta add either some kind of building that reduces income but blocks the script in the region, or I guess some scripted means of paying a cost like, I don't know, money or a number of units, or something that represents the effort of ameliorating the local powers' grievances and securing their loyalty. Or I don't know man...if you want to simulate the danger of rebellion against your rule then make a scripted dive in public order that can randomly strike your settlements - then you have the realistic chance to try and head the rebellion off if you can gather enough troops. If it's a random percent public order loss then you can have it so that one or two of the highest bracketed values are essentially unstoppable - that would account for what I think is probably your principle counter-argument: that you can't always see these rebellions coming.

Maybe so, but that wasn't what every rebellion was like. Some of them you could. So, whether it's a building that lowers your risk, like a kind of investment in intrigue and informants in that city, or something else, I don't know - but it won't be realistic unless you're taking account of your ruler's capacity to defuse the rebellion.