Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: America: Total War

Default Re: America: Total War

Make sure to balance out all units cavalry, archers, ballista units, spear and swordsmen units. Also, each providence must 6 or more settlements to make the map bigger since Australis is not doing all of Europe. Besides If I was him I would op each factions units to the game more enjoyable. Australis... contact me on here and lets work together.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Australis View Post
    I wish I knew how to edit it, I don't see any button like that. Do you have an idea?
    I believe you gain the ability to edit posts once your post count passes 25 (currently you have made 18 posts).

When I first saw this post, I immediately thought about a Fallout mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Dao Chiêu View Post
    When will this mods be released? I want to play it. I will wait to play latest version
    I doubt I could release it. I dont have a modding team that could help with the models and battlemap

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

How is the work going Australis? You have the team forming up already? Dont worry about the models for now, im sure you can use something from other mods. I could probably share some of my models aswell, if they get reskinned. Do you have any skill or experience with 2d graphics? You should probably learn some modding stuff on your own, to lead the team by example.

Then more people are likely to help your mod.

Anyways, looking forward to some news or new info or what not, faction names and what they are would be cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    How is the work going Australis? You have the team forming up already? Dont worry about the models for now, im sure you can use something from other mods. I could probably share some of my models aswell, if they get reskinned. Do you have any skill or experience with 2d graphics? You should probably learn some modding stuff on your own, to lead the team by example.

Then more people are likely to help your mod.

Anyways, looking forward to some news or new info or what not, faction names and what they are would be cool too.
    Hey Vladyvid! I were working on the map two weeks ago, but since only a single person wanted to join my team I stopped. But nothing is deleted. I also had some problems (crashes) that I dont know from where they come from, if I start working again with this I will have to solve that problem first.
    Thanks a lot for letting me use your models, I'll let you know when I will need them! I am sure I can reskin them, but I also have a great friend that knows how to reskin perfectly, that'd be a great task for him
    I have tried to learn moddeling and how to edit units, sadly I failed miserably lol, I might try it when I have better equipment and software to do it.
    What models do you have and how they look like? I am sure they will be very helpful!

Thanks a lot

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

If you havent done none of this before, making the campaign map can be troublesome. Maybe it would be less problematic to for example, ask Frunk to use his map, and then edit things from there. The geography will still be the same anyway, and you get a lot of work and time reduction.

Among the models i have there are different types of lets say european medieval units, but they are not historical units. I dont think it makes sense for me to list them, but there are militia, sergeant or knight level units with different weapons and such.

Learning modelling is an ambitious undertaking, but i would rather suggest its more useful to get a good grasp of coding and working with all the necessary text files. Thats very important because that usually is causing most of crashes or bugs. There are some useful tutorials how to learn modelling, and i dont think it requires any special equipment if youre not doing it professionally, the software itself should do.

A lot of time passed but I've started working again on the mod and I remade the map. I am trying to learn to use Milkshape 3d so I might learn and create my own units. No modeller wanted to join my team I can post the upgraded version of my map and ideas if people is interested

Im not a huge fan of the historical inaccuracies. Besides cultures getting lumped together for no reason you put the Mexica symbol on the Mayan flag..... the Mexica were the Aztecs. not to mention that many of these nations are a lot smaller than reality or in the case of the empire of brazil its way bigger than what it would have been prior to 1492. Senora is also huge, you forgot about the Grand Chechemecas and tlaxcala not to mention the other empires that were in Mesoamerica (besides the Aztecs)

if you are still working on it, I will gladly redraw the map for you and tell you who these people were to make it more historically accurate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12