Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: America: Total War

Icon11 America: Total War

Hello to everyone!
    At begginings of the year I started working on a mod called Australis: Total War, where it added the southern cone of South America into the map. After I succesfully finished the campaign map I cancelled the project, but I came back with something bigger now.

I decided to start a mod called America: Total War, a fantasy mod where you can play in the Dark Ages of the American continent. From Alaska to the Patagonia.
    It has 30 different factions, each one is unique.

I haven't started to work on it yet because I don't want to make the map without having people recruited yet, but I was working these last 4 days on this preview of how the map factions and borders would look like:

I already have an idea of how I want each faction to be, especially the ones from north-eastern North America and southern South America, but my idea is to recruit people, make a team and discuss between us how can we improve each faction. We could organize ourselves on a steam group or group chat.

I basically need people that could make the models for each faction units, models for the battle maps/cities, and people who could make the scripts and coding for the new factions. In my case, as soon as we have the team formed I will start making the campaign map.

I am really excited and I hope you all are as excited as me for this mod, I think no one ever worked on a whole american continent map.

I will be waiting for the response!

Default Re: America: Total War

If you want my help with the historical part of the different faction and cities let me know and I can try my best to help you.

you know where to contact me! Count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by HolyBob View Post
    you know where to contact me! Count me in!
    Thanks HolyBob! I sent you a message on Steam

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    If you want my help with the historical part of the different faction and cities let me know and I can try my best to help you.
    Hey thanks! Would you mind if I ask you your Steam profile? so we could talk better through there. Your help will be very needed

Hotstuff1001... that's my username for steam.

Christonikos's Avatar Centenarius

Good luck with your project. Could you explain what you mean by fantasy mod and Dark Ages of America?

If you asked me, I 'd say keep north America and make a Mad Max-esque, Fallout type post-apocalyptic fanasty mod about America

Quote Originally Posted by Christonikos View Post
    Good luck with your project. Could you explain what you mean by fantasy mod and Dark Ages of America?

If you asked me, I 'd say keep north America and make a Mad Max-esque, Fallout type post-apocalyptic fanasty mod about America
    Thanks! Well, it's fantasy because the American continent didn't had a medieval age like Europe (with modern armours, knights, artillery, ships and everything we know about it) it just had indians. And with Dark Ages I meant something like the Dark Ages of Europe, the early medieval times where christianity wasn't dominating. It's the same in this mod, you have christian factions who are powerful but not popular, most of the factions keeps living in paganism.

About your idea, seems nice! If I ever finish this mod I could make another one located in North America, seems like an interesting place for M2TW.

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Hotstuff1001... that's my username for steam.
    I can't find you dude! My Steam is Arson, my profile pic has some soldiers

just contact me on here. Just click on my username and pm me. I will reply back to you soon.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

I am here just to say that this is an awesome idea. I can't help with it, but I certainly wish I could play it one day.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Looks good!

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

I also like the general idea here, but do you have any more specific ideas as to what you want to include in the mod or what tyle of units or rosters you have in mind? Do you plan to have monsters or other fantasy races, or more of a GoT scenario with european style medieval armies?

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Interesting concept. Without knowing exactly what it is you are planning, I can imagine it will take a heck of a lot of work. Modellers are the hardest thing to find, it seems, compared to other types of modders.

You might be interested in my map, or even using my mod as a base (Colonies & Empires; link in signature), as we're nearing some kind of release, but will lack many of the unique unit rosters we would hope to create in the future.

Good luck!

You're right, I didnt explained too much because I was thinking about taking some of those decisions with the modding team since I guess they would know better what is a better idea, if giving it a "realistic" look or making it a medieval fantasy mod with monster and races. But I will explain you what I have in mind and I hope more people read it because I was really stupid not writing this in the original post (and I think I can't edit it)

My main idea is more like, as you said, a GoT sceneario with european style medieval cultures, armies and technology.
    But the mod will also have amerindian tribes with some real and some fantasy weaponry and artillery. For instance the Ona-Shaga faction is basedo on a real tribe living in the southern Patagonia who would wear wooden and pelt armors.
    I was also thinking on adding some monsters, at least one or two per faction, but it would depend on what the people and the modding team wants!

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    Interesting concept. Without knowing exactly what it is you are planning, I can imagine it will take a heck of a lot of work. Modellers are the hardest thing to find, it seems, compared to other types of modders.

You might be interested in my map, or even using my mod as a base (Colonies & Empires; link in signature), as we're nearing some kind of release, but will lack many of the unique unit rosters we would hope to create in the future.

Good luck!
    Thank you Frunk! You're right I haven't explained correctly what I wanted. I explained to Vladyvid on another reply that my mod will be something like a GoT scenario with a european style scenario and cultures. I may add some fantasy elements too, but it depends if the people and modding team wants it!

I just checked your mod, looks amazing! I may get some inspiration from your map but I have already worked on mine. I took the Eras Total Conquest dimensions as a base. I just took some screenshots and put them all togheter on a picture. It was for something different, but here you can at least have a look of what it looks like

U should also put in the Cherokee and a few other native american faction north america and canada. All units should some type of armor on them while being more historical.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I am here just to say that this is an awesome idea. I can't help with it, but I certainly wish I could play it one day.
    Thank you! Don't worry, at least I am happy someone found my idea interesting!

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Most of the effort in this mod, is probably going to be units. It all depends on what Level of uniqueness you want to have. The most simplistic option would be to reskin vanilla units, or even just reklamę them. Alternatively, there are numerous historical mods with models you might want to use, if allowed.

At this early stage there will be still much conceptual development going on, and that could be the best thing to focus on, to better cristalize the mod ideas.

I believe you can change the opening post by editing it, if you want to update it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    Most of the effort in this mod, is probably going to be units. It all depends on what Level of uniqueness you want to have. The most simplistic option would be to reskin vanilla units, or even just reklamę them. Alternatively, there are numerous historical mods with models you might want to use, if allowed.

At this early stage there will be still much conceptual development going on, and that could be the best thing to focus on, to better cristalize the mod ideas.

I believe you can change the opening post by editing it, if you want to update it.
    Exactly, I may use reskined units for the early versions but my idea is to create new models. Every factions will have totally different units, except if they are part of the same culture. I will write the name of all the units I plan to add and then draw them. I wish I could find a modeller!

I wish I knew how to edit it, I don't see any button like that. Do you have an idea?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast