Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
In either case I think it's pretty clear the Greeks on average were far lighter and fairer than Egyptians or North Africans, albeit not quite Scandinavian either as Athanaric points out and Alhoon implies with his perception of redheads and blonds from a Greek perspective. ...
Yeah probably right. As I say some of the "Greeks" at my school were pink as me. There was a red head, and the blondes ranged from Viking looking dudes to classic 100' forehead straight nosed Greek stereotypes (think Disney Hercules) all the way through to deep tan. On average? Not sure there were only two Egyptians at my school (Copts) and they looked Hellenic to me.

The real outlier as I say was Rom, but there were non locals migrating to Hellas since forever, good old Cadmus from Lebanon sticks out in my mind. Another outlier was the Pontian dude, he gets mistaken for Iranain and Spanish (?) and people think I look more Greek than him, and I'm 100% Irish ancestry.

Some Hellenic ancestors must have come down from Yamnaya, some were Luwians, some must even have been from Kemet. Being a Hellene is about the brain, not the blood: we're all Hellenes in a way.