Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Last Alliance - Download, Information and General Discussion

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: Last Alliance - Download, Information and General Discussion

Just wanted to chime in and say things look rather impressive so far, so +1 rep to the OP, Sara Temer. I no longer have Shogun II or the ability to play it with a disc on my current laptop, but I should definitely acquire an online, downloadable digital version just to play this mod! Is it only available on Steam these days? I'd rather use a site like the old Direct2Drive where I can just purchase Shogun II and avoid using Steam (not a fan of it, hate how it interferes with M2TW mods).

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    A common mistake is that the miodders that mod Tolkien's stories do not take as an account the FACT that factions like Elvs or even Dwarfs or even Orcs are long life or immortal races. That means that a 1000 years ola Rlf can not have "levy" equipment or an Elfish or Dwarfish faction wont provide "young" members with infarior equipment simply because in hundreds or thousands of years the armories are full of high quality armors and weapons. I know that its a game but in mods today we must learn think "out of the box".
    An Example : In all TW games units start from low quality and player must spant time, unlock technology and build buildings to have access to high quality units.
    In TGC high quality units exist since turn 1!!!! The issue here is how to hundle that existance to keep players full their armies with such units ....
    The ballance relies on:
    1. The units status
    2. The units upokeep costs
    3. The units time to become available for recruitment AGAIN
    4. The buildings that require (Palace for example).

All those factors determine how a mod will show that wheel did not invented that day!
    AnthoniusII, I could shorten my entire response to "Dude, uncool" because your whole comment sounds like you don't know Last Alliance at all, and you decided to write this comment only to demonstrate that your mod is better xD

No, you're wrong. Elves and Dwarves in Last Alliance not has really "levy" units. Moreover, Numenor also not has own "levy" units (has some "levy" units, but in these units serve no-Numenoreans). We have four tiers of units: levy, militia, regular and elite, and lowest tier for Elves and Dwarves is "militia" and "militia" units of Elves usually can beat "militia" units of other factions.

Households, the weakest, not armored unit in Elven roster is quite strong. They not has armors because they are not warriors at all, technically you shouldn't recruit them if you aren't in desperate situation.

Clan Warriors who I showed here, are light armored because Galadhrim (which are mostly Sindars and Nandors) not has so many talented blacksmiths like Noldors, so these who live outside of main settlements not has access to such good equipment. However, they are still elves, so you should fear them in battle. To compare, Sindars who serve in light units in Lindon are better equipped than them, because in Lindon is many talented Noldor's blacksmiths.

Also, in this mod we don't have "play 100 turns to reseach elite units" system xD Factions like Numenor, Lindon and Khazad-dum starts campaign with some elite units and basic regular units are available to recruit from start. Part of units are blocked by technologies but it isn't that you need "research" to get them. It's more like mobilisation to war, we have 24 turns per year + you don't need too much time to unlock these units, so in fact you have access to full roster of your faction quite fast - they simply need a moment to mobilise for the fight.

So, don't insult me anymore with such stupid comments.
    Wolf girl who likes to draw anime girls ❤️ DeviantArt, Twitter
    Also mad creator of

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
    TWCenter Forum, MODDB, Patreon

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Temer View Post
    AnthoniusII, I could shorten my entire response to "Dude, uncool" because your whole comment sounds like you don't know Last Alliance at all, and you decided to write this comment only to demonstrate that your mod is better xD

No, you're wrong. Elves and Dwarves in Last Alliance not has really "levy" units. Moreover, Numenor also not has own "levy" units (has some "levy" units, but in these units serve no-Numenoreans). We have four tiers of units: levy, militia, regular and elite, and lowest tier for Elves and Dwarves is "militia" and "militia" units of Elves usually can beat "militia" units of other factions.

Households, the weakest, not armored unit in Elven roster is quite strong. They not has armors because they are not warriors at all, technically you shouldn't recruit them if you aren't in desperate situation.

Clan Warriors who I showed here, are light armored because Galadhrim (which are mostly Sindars and Nandors) not has so many talented blacksmiths like Noldors, so these who live outside of main settlements not has access to such good equipment. However, they are still elves, so you should fear them in battle. To compare, Sindars who serve in light units in Lindon are better equipped than them, because in Lindon is many talented Noldor's blacksmiths.

Also, in this mod we don't have "play 100 turns to reseach elite units" system xD Factions like Numenor, Lindon and Khazad-dum starts campaign with some elite units and basic regular units are available to recruit from start. Part of units are blocked by technologies but it isn't that you need "research" to get them. It's more like mobilisation to war, we have 24 turns per year + you don't need too much time to unlock these units, so in fact you have access to full roster of your faction quite fast - they simply need a moment to mobilise for the fight.

So, don't insult me anymore with such stupid comments.
    Saying my opinion and an alternative idea is not an insult i believe. Unless you consider your self knowing everything and do not take advices...
    If you do not like advices or ideas is your right...But accusing someone that tries to help that insults YOU is an insult its self. The case is over....
    PS:
    I do not need advertisment for my mod...you know.
    Add in your mod's title "bravo and wonderfull job " only comments..
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Saying my opinion and an alternative idea is not an insult i believe. Unless you consider your self knowing everything and do not take advices...
    If you do not like advices or ideas is your right...But accusing someone that tries to help that insults YOU is an insult its self. The case is over....
    PS:
    I do not need advertisment for my mod...you know.
    Add in your mod's title "bravo and wonderfull job " only comments..
    Your comment was wrote without basic knowledge about how this mod is designed. In other words, your "opinion" is completely useless, because is about imagined by you mod, not about my project.

I'm open on constructive feedback and many things was improved based on feedback which I got from players. But, you know, these players played a while in mod and they have a base to give their feedback

Edit. I don't said that you tried to advertise your mod. I said that your comment looks like you would tried to show the "superiority" of your project over mine. Try at least correctly read my comments.
    Last edited by Sara Temer; June 30, 2022 at 01:52 PM.
    Also mad creator of

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Just wanted to chime in and say things look rather impressive so far, so +1 rep to the OP, Sara Temer. I no longer have Shogun II or the ability to play it with a disc on my current laptop, but I should definitely acquire an online, downloadable digital version just to play this mod! Is it only available on Steam these days? I'd rather use a site like the old Direct2Drive where I can just purchase Shogun II and avoid using Steam (not a fan of it, hate how it interferes with M2TW mods).
    Nope, sadly Shogun 2 is avialable only on Steam and you can't buy e.g. in GOG version. However, there's no such problems with run mods like with Med II Steam version (there's some other problems but usually caused by Win 10/11, not Steam)
    Also mad creator of

When, about 700 of the Second Era, Amroth and many other Galadhrim moved from Lothlórien to Edhellond, where he established his realm, there was a need to modify the tactics used by the Galadhrim. Around Edhellond were more open, plain and hilly areas where ambushes couldn't be so easily arranged for any evil that might try to invade their homes. This led to formations of riders whose responsibility, as their lord's bodyguard, became to guard the borders and, if necessary, to stand up to open battle in the field. These riders adopted the swan as their symbol, as it was also the symbol of Amroth himself, and they soon became a legend among the peoples surrounding Edhellond, who could often spot riders in shining armour flitting across the fields.

Models by Sara Temer: Deviantart.com Twitter.com
    Concepts for clothes, armor, axe and shield also by Sara Temer
    Spear and brooch based on movie designs

Support the project: Patreon.com or Ko-fi.com
    Also mad creator of

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

When, about 700 of the Second Era, Amroth and many other Galadhrim moved from Lothlórien to Edhellond, where he established his realm, there was a need to modify the tactics used by the Galadhrim. Around Edhellond were more open, plain and hilly areas where ambushes couldn't be so easily arranged for any evil that might try to invade their homes. This led to formations of riders whose responsibility, as their lord's bodyguard, became to guard the borders and, if necessary, to stand up to open battle in the field. These riders adopted the swan as their symbol, as it was also the symbol of Amroth himself, and they soon became a legend among the peoples surrounding Edhellond, who could often spot riders in shining armour flitting across the fields.

Models by Sara Temer: Deviantart.com Twitter.com
    Concepts for clothes, armor, axe and shield also by Sara Temer
    Spear and brooch based on movie designs

Support the project: Patreon.com or Ko-fi.com
    Great rider. Damn I realy tried hard to find a Shogun II modder to change these aufull horses with ones of Rome II or better from Three Kingdoms but no one interested.
    Even the vanilla Shogun II with its great soldierd models looks auful with these cow looking horses. I hope that you may find away to shape them a bit atleast!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

I already made new horse models for Shogun 2.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Saying my opinion and an alternative idea is not an insult i believe.
    Antonius, what Sara said is that in the "Last Alliance" mod, there are no levy dwarf or elf units. I.e. the mod DOES what you want. And it does so for several years now.

Suggesting to Sara to put something in her mod that is already there for years is not "alternative idea". You suggest something that is already in the mod.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

The forests of Lothlórien are a mysterious, sometimes dangerous (for orcs certainly), but also a beautiful place...

Last Alliance: TW Alpha v0.3.5 - Galadhrim is out now!

Download and article about update here.
    Also mad creator of

Awesome updates! The Galadhrim look great, as do all other units for every faction. Also thanks for clarifying that about Steam and Shogun II.

When you play a siege battle, is it just an open field basically with no battle map settlement? Are there plans to work on basic settlement models and unique ones in upcoming Alpha releases before a Beta release? I guess using Japanese castles from Shogun II wouldn't look very authentic to Middle Earth. A shame that TATW battle map settlements can't just be ported into the game for now, if only to have basic siege battle mechanics (honestly half the battles in any TW game and also half the fun).

Awesome updates! The Galadhrim look great, as do all other units for every faction. Also thanks for clarifying that about Steam and Shogun II.

When you play a siege battle, is it just an open field basically with no battle map settlement? Are there plans to work on basic settlement models and unique ones in upcoming Alpha releases before a Beta release? I guess using Japanese castles from Shogun II wouldn't look very authentic to Middle Earth. A shame that TATW battle map settlements can't just be ported into the game for now, if only to have basic siege battle mechanics (honestly half the battles in any TW game and also half the fun).
    Thanks!

No, siege battles use vanilla castles atm. If I would remove siege maps then for some factions (like Pelargir) campaign wouldn't playable because they wouldn't have place to stand against outnumbered enemy. If people could life with european castles in fantasy mods for Med II before their creators did custom maps, then I think that people also can life with japan castles in Middle-Earth Custom siege maps will be implemented later. I metioned this in roadmap and FAQ
    Also mad creator of

Thanks!

No, siege battles use vanilla castles atm. If I would remove siege maps then for some factions (like Pelargir) campaign wouldn't playable because they wouldn't have place to stand against outnumbered enemy. If people could life with european castles in fantasy mods for Med II before their creators did custom maps, then I think that people also can life with japan castles in Middle-Earth Custom siege maps will be implemented later. I metioned this in roadmap and FAQ
    Ah! Okay! Thanks for the clarification. I haven't watched a full preview/walkthrough video yet of your mod. I'm sure the Japanese castles look fine (I guess it was easier to make settlements for the total conversion Three Kingdoms of China mod of Shogun II, since medieval Japanese architecture is based on ancient Chinese architecture anyway). That answers a huge question of mine, because I have only seen one mention of sieges in this thread, in regards to a battle map for Barad-dur potentially being made in the future. Thanks for pointing out the FAQ, which I for some reason haven't bothered to read yet.

Also, tiny English language correction with verb form live instead of the noun life: it's "live with European castles" and "also can live with Japanese castles" there. Your English is good, though! Far better than my Polish language skills, which are nonexistent. LOL.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Congratulations on the new release, the redesigned faction selection menu looks useful and I like the sound of the Galadhrim - and the custom event looks cool!

(When you wrote "Therefore, the heart of their forces are troops of Marchwanders", did you mean "Marchwanders" or "Marchwarders" - as in 'the people who ward/guard the march/border'? I make mistakes like that all the time.)

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Congratulations on the new release, the redesigned faction selection menu looks useful and I like the sound of the Galadhrim - and the custom event looks cool!

(When you wrote "Therefore, the heart of their forces are troops of Marchwanders", did you mean "Marchwanders" or "Marchwarders" - as in 'the people who ward/guard the march/border'? I make mistakes like that all the time.)
    Thanks!
    Yeah, should be "Marchwardens" - I missed this typo in article >.<
    Also mad creator of

Hi, finally got Shogun II on Steam and played it a bit, but I must be a n00b or something, because I can't seem to install your mod. I'm confused by this part in particular per the installation instructions:

Run game and select all files in mod manager (if you don't have mod manager - subscribe any mod on workshop, mod manager should be downloaded automatically)
    What?

I unpacked/extracted the files to the Shogun data folder with 7zip as requested, but all I see is a new Last Alliance folder with a "read me" document and a bunch of enormous pack files. Where's the exe file to launch the game? Where exactly do you download and get a mod manager? You got a link to that? Is this the thing I need to download? Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I'm eager to play your mod, and I don't see how I'm able to do that without accessing these pack files with proper software.

Feel free to explain this like I'm a five-year-old, because I'm lost here.

Hi, finally got Shogun II on Steam and played it a bit, but I must be a n00b or something, because I can't seem to install your mod. I'm confused by this part in particular per the installation instructions:

Run game and select all files in mod manager (if you don't have mod manager - subscribe any mod on workshop, mod manager should be downloaded automatically)
    What?

I unpacked/extracted the files to the Shogun data folder with 7zip as requested, but all I see is a new Last Alliance folder with a "read me" document and a bunch of enormous pack files. Where's the exe file to launch the game? Where exactly do you download and get a mod manager? You got a link to that? Is this the thing I need to download? Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I'm eager to play your mod, and I don't see how I'm able to do that without accessing these pack files with proper software.

Feel free to explain this like I'm a five-year-old, because I'm lost here.
    Because mod support for Shogun 2 was added some time after release then for some reason CA didn't integrate installation official mod manager with installation of game (like it's in next Total War games). Instead, steam download official mod manager when you subscribe (so, download) mod on steam workshop (which is official place to publish mods, however is very limited).

So, you need go to Shogun 2 in your steam library and on right side under game banner is "Workshop" button. If you have open steam in smaller window then sometimes this button is hidden under three dotes button. Open workshop, select any mod on main page and click "Subscribe" button. Now game will download official mod manager.

Pack files which you find in archive file should be directly in data folder of Shogun 2, not in additional folder.

Now just run Shogun 2 via "play" button in steam library or shortcut on desktop. Game should open window of mod manager where you should select all pack files of mod and next click "launch".

I advise against using unofficial mod managers. These can cause additional problems.
    Also mad creator of

Thanks, Sara!

Your detailed instructions have been a huge help. Everything is working fine now! I just started a Kingdom of Lindon campaign. I'm not entirely used to Shogun II controls and everything else since I'm a diehard player of mods for the older titles RTW and M2TW. I'm a little annoyed that I cannot use the mouse to simply rotate the camera and must use the keyboard instead, while the arrow keys are worthless and you either have to use the number pad or the letter characters a-s-d-w instead (with q and e for rotating the camera). I know that this can be changed in control settings back to arrow keys, but that doesn't solve the rotating camera issue if I can't use the mouse for that and must use the keyboard. Ugh! I'll just have to get used to it, I guess.

Also, how do you open up shell command in these newer TW titles? I just wanted to take a peek at the entirety of the glorious map you created, but I see no way to do the old "toggle_fw" cheat for looking at it temporarily.

Thanks, Sara!

Your detailed instructions have been a huge help. Everything is working fine now! I just started a Kingdom of Lindon campaign. I'm not entirely used to Shogun II controls and everything else since I'm a diehard player of mods for the older titles RTW and M2TW. I'm a little annoyed that I cannot use the mouse to simply rotate the camera and must use the keyboard instead, while the arrow keys are worthless and you either have to use the number pad or the letter characters a-s-d-w instead (with q and e for rotating the camera). I know that this can be changed in control settings back to arrow keys, but that doesn't solve the rotating camera issue if I can't use the mouse for that and must use the keyboard. Ugh! I'll just have to get used to it, I guess.

Also, how do you open up shell command in these newer TW titles? I just wanted to take a peek at the entirety of the glorious map you created, but I see no way to do the old "toggle_fw" cheat for looking at it temporarily.
    In battles you can use mouse to rotate camera: or via move cursor to left or right of screen or via click middle (scroll) button in mouse and move cursor. If this not work then in means that's you have wrong settings of camera.

Yeah, "toggle_fow" not works in Shogun, but if you need this you can open Last_Alliance_0.3.5_data via RustedPackFileManager and turn on script which I put in files. You just need remove all "--" (be careful to not run other disabled scripts there)
    Also mad creator of